Jump to content

Filing I-130 overseas on Tourist Visa

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone :) I am still trying to confirm a couple things and have spent hours today doing my continued research. This has included reading the FAQ on here and various forum posts.

I will be using a tourist visa to stay as long as possible in India. During that time I will be getting married to my love, visiting with her family, seeing India, and other related things.

Can I file my I-130 form for her while I am over there? And where/how would I do so?

And would I count as "residing" in India or is that only for student visas and India permanent residents? In other words can I file at the USCIS Field office that's in New Delhi?

Thank you very much to anyone reading this!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.