nguyensteve

k1 step by step customize for vietnam

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I known that VJ have a guide steps by steps for k1. But not very detailed.

Could the group add in all the steps by steps detail so that new member or new couple like me have a better understanding of the process.

2015-02-10 :Trip to Vietnam to celebrate Tet, meet my fiancee

2015-03-16 :Back to USA, could not file for I-129F, until my divorce paper was finalize.

2015-05-01 :Divorce paper final

2015-05-08 :Submitted I-129F to Lewisville, TX Lockbox via USPS

2015-05-13 :NOA-1 (Received official Receipt Notice from the mail)

2015-06-22 :NOA-2 (Received approval by text and email)

2015-06-26 :NOA-2 (Received official approval, Form I-797) note on the I-797, notice date 2015-06-22

2015-07-21 :Finally able to talk to NVC, got HCM#, case still in administrative review, not going to Vietnam yet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Take some time and read through the VN forum. It's all here. And full of details.

It's a long process, so you will have ample time to learn the do's and don'ts of HCMC.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

I have use the search in VJ and read through many threads,, it just that none have a simple step by step for Vietnam,, thanks

2015-03-16 :Back to USA, could not file for I-129F, until my divorce paper was finalize.

2015-06-26 :NOA-2 (Received official approval, Form I-797) note on the I-797, notice date 2015-06-22

2015-07-21 :Finally able to talk to NVC, got HCM#, case still in administrative review, not going to Vietnam yet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

OK, what are you wanting to find? The "simple" guide is the VJ guide. It gives all the steps and what is required.

I did not say search the forum for a guide, I said read the forum to learn from others' experiences. This will not be a simple process because the HCMC consulate is one of the more difficult places to get a visa. There is no easy way here due to a long history of visa fraud. So the scrutiny is greater.

It's going to take some work on your part to prepare properly and secure the visa without frustrating delays. Over preparing is advised for HCMC. You will see the term frontloading used as people make sure the ajudicators have plenty of information prior to the interview as the decision is more or less made prior to the actual meeting between beneficiary and consular officer.

If you are looking for easy, the family based immigration visa for the US isn't the place to be.

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Ditto on what Anh map said above. The VJ K-1 Guide is pretty much what I had used to file for my wife's K1. I followed it to a tee.

Some minor deviations and/or additions from the VJ K-1 Guide:

1. You will need a lot of pictures, especially the ones from your engagement. The US consulate in VN is well aware of the Vietnamese customs and they do expect to see engagement pictures. Lots of them.

2. Prepare a relationship timeline to bring to the interview. You might not need it, but if you do not have it when they want to see it, you may get a Blue slip.

3. There are additional documents that you will need for the interview. They are spelled out in the K-1 Instructions Package (Packet 3). Search for the link to that PDF file if you do not already have it.

4. These below documents may also be asked for at the interview. Some VJers reported that they had been asked to provide them. The CO did not ask for any from us even though we did prepare all of them. A) 10-yr residency history; B) List of relatives from both petitioner and beneficiary; and C) If you have previously been married, a document stating your ex-spouse's current address and phone # (including proof of address).

If I remember anything else, I will add to this thread.

Timeline

Frontgear,,, thank for the input,, I have a some question,,,

1. You will need a lot of pictures, especially the ones from your engagement. The US consulate in VN is well aware of the Vietnamese customs and they do expect to see engagement pictures. Lots of them.

Quest?? I do not have engagement pictures, I was in Vietnam, and full in love and ask for parent fiancee for married,,, only pictures of both going out in vietnam,, and pictures of us with parent and grandparent.,,,

2. Prepare a relationship timeline to bring to the interview. You might not need it, but if you do not have it when they want to see it, you may get a Blue slip.

ans.. I could prepare a timeline....

3. There are additional documents that you will need for the interview. They are spelled out in the K-1 Instructions Package (Packet 3). Search for the link to that PDF file if you do not already have it.

ans,, I got the PDF for pack 3,, and try to prepare what needed docs from pack 3.

4. These below documents may also be asked for at the interview. Some VJers reported that they had been asked to provide them. The CO did not ask for any from us even though we did prepare all of them. A) 10-yr residency history; B) List of relatives from both petitioner and beneficiary; and C) If you have previously been married, a document stating your ex-spouse's current address and phone # (including proof of address).

Quest??? A) 10-yr residency history; ,,, is this for both or what,,,, do I put the information on blank paper or some form???

B) List of relatives from both petitioner and beneficiary ,,, do I put the information on blank paper or some form???

C) If you have previously been married, a document stating your ex-spouse's current address and phone # (including proof of address). ,,, do I put the information on blank paper or some form???

Since VN is a high-fraud country, prepare to have a lot of backup pictures, emails, text messages, chat messages, etc. for your interview, since you do not have engagement pictures.

There are no official forms for those docs. You just have to write them on a piece of paper and have them notarized. For both petitioner and beneficiary.

Timeline

Like frontgear said ..I did all that paper...That day I carry 2 full suitcases for pictures,phone ,emails..Try to organize these documents well to help during interview...I seen a lot peoples did not knowing to do that ,theirs documents fly on over floor with tear on your face and I felt very bad and even knowing what documents they have on hands..And during waiting for interview did help couples one ..I am so surprised where their love one

Timeline

group, due to work schedule ,, I may not go to vietnam when the day of my fiancee interview,,, would that be a BIG issue??

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Please see my post - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/187997-hcmc-evidence-you-should-have/

K1 Fiance guide - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1guide

K1 Flowchart - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1flow

K1 fiancé Visa Tips - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1tips

Everything you need to know is in these links. Review these before proceeding

Steps:

1. Visit your fiancé face-to-face in VN.
  2. Get engaged
  3. Have the engagement ceremony (take lots of pictures)
  4. Go back to USA
  5. document your relationship (chat logs, phone bills, receipts, pictures together
  6. write a relationship timeline (include when you submit your initial paperwork)
  7. Fill out I-129F, G-325a, G-1145 (optional)
  8. Make a copy of everything
  9. Submit 1 copy to USCIS
  10. Keep 1 copy for your records
  11. Receive NOA1 - receipt of paperwork
  12. Respond to RFE's
  13. RECIVE NOA2 - Approval - Paperwork goes to NVC.

The NVC will send you a letter in the mail with your HCM-XXXX case number, but in the meantime, you can call the NVC to ask for that HCM-XXXX number if you do not want to wait. With the HCM- number, you can track your case online via the CEAC website (link below, make sure to select IMMIGRANT VISA (IV) from the Visa Application Type at the top).

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

2. Your fiancé will receive his/her Packet 3 before the interview. When you track your case via the CEAC website, pay attention to the Status. Once it shows a READY status, note the date, wait 3-4 days, then go to the U.S. Consulate Online Inquiry website to ask if they have received your K1 package. The consulate receives the electronic package first and the physical package arrives a few days later. The consulate staff will respond to your inquiry usually the next day (around 2-3 A.M. Eastern Time). Wait 2-3 weeks from this response date for the Packet 3. If your fiancé does not receive the Packet 3 by then, fill out another inquiry and ask the consulate staff to email you a copy of the Packet 3 letter. Your fiancé will need this letter for her vaccination and medical exam. Packet 3 is only a letter with your HCM- case number and a link to download the K1 Instructions. You can download the K1 Instructions here: http://photos.state....INSTRUCTION.pdf

3. The I-134 form is to be given to your fiancé to take to his/her interview, along with other required documents (as specified in the K-1 Instructions Package that he/she will receive in the mail). Make sure to include supporting documents with this I-134 form (e.g.: paystubs for the last 6 months, bank statement, letter from employer, IRS Tax Transcripts for the last 2-3 years, etc.) I believe you can no longer print the IRS Tax Transcripts online (due to recent hacks) so you may have to request them by calling the IRS phone number. It takes 10-15 days to get these transcripts so you might not want to wait until the last minute.

4. Once your fiancé has received his/her Packet 3 letter in the mail (or via email), he/she can go to the ustraveldocs.com website and sign up for an account. With this account, he/she can pay for the Visa fee. Twenty-four (24) hours after the Visa fee has been paid, he/she can go back to the ustraveldocs site to schedule his/her interview date. The US Consulate no longer schedules the interview. Everything is done online by you/fiancé now (no more Packet 4, etc.)

5. They will allow you inside the U.S. Consulate in Saigon, but may or may not interview you. Bring your U.S. Passport when you arrive at the consulate and the guards will let you in. Be sure to let the interviewing officer know who you are! You can walk up to the interviewing booth with your fiancé and told the consulate staff who you are, They may or may not choose to interview you..

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

Please see my post - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/187997-hcmc-evidence-you-should-have/

K1 Fiance guide - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1guide

K1 Flowchart - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1flow

K1 fiancé Visa Tips - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1tips

Everything you need to know is in these links. Review these before proceeding

Steps:

1. Visit your fiancé face-to-face in VN.
  2. Get engaged
  3. Have the engagement ceremony (take lots of pictures)
  4. Go back to USA
  5. document your relationship (chat logs, phone bills, receipts, pictures together
  6. write a relationship timeline (include when you submit your initial paperwork)
  7. Fill out I-129F, G-325a, G-1145 (optional)
  8. Make a copy of everything
  9. Submit 1 copy to USCIS
  10. Keep 1 copy for your records
  11. Receive NOA1 - receipt of paperwork
  12. Respond to RFE's
  13. RECIVE NOA2 - Approval - Paperwork goes to NVC.

The NVC will send you a letter in the mail with your HCM-XXXX case number, but in the meantime, you can call the NVC to ask for that HCM-XXXX number if you do not want to wait. With the HCM- number, you can track your case online via the CEAC website (link below, make sure to select IMMIGRANT VISA (IV) from the Visa Application Type at the top).

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

2. Your fiancé will receive his/her Packet 3 before the interview. When you track your case via the CEAC website, pay attention to the Status. Once it shows a READY status, note the date, wait 3-4 days, then go to the U.S. Consulate Online Inquiry website to ask if they have received your K1 package. The consulate receives the electronic package first and the physical package arrives a few days later. The consulate staff will respond to your inquiry usually the next day (around 2-3 A.M. Eastern Time). Wait 2-3 weeks from this response date for the Packet 3. If your fiancé does not receive the Packet 3 by then, fill out another inquiry and ask the consulate staff to email you a copy of the Packet 3 letter. Your fiancé will need this letter for her vaccination and medical exam. Packet 3 is only a letter with your HCM- case number and a link to download the K1 Instructions. You can download the K1 Instructions here: http://photos.state....INSTRUCTION.pdf

3. The I-134 form is to be given to your fiancé to take to his/her interview, along with other required documents (as specified in the K-1 Instructions Package that he/she will receive in the mail). Make sure to include supporting documents with this I-134 form (e.g.: paystubs for the last 6 months, bank statement, letter from employer, IRS Tax Transcripts for the last 2-3 years, etc.) I believe you can no longer print the IRS Tax Transcripts online (due to recent hacks) so you may have to request them by calling the IRS phone number. It takes 10-15 days to get these transcripts so you might not want to wait until the last minute.

4. Once your fiancé has received his/her Packet 3 letter in the mail (or via email), he/she can go to the ustraveldocs.com website and sign up for an account. With this account, he/she can pay for the Visa fee. Twenty-four (24) hours after the Visa fee has been paid, he/she can go back to the ustraveldocs site to schedule his/her interview date. The US Consulate no longer schedules the interview. Everything is done online by you/fiancé now (no more Packet 4, etc.)

5. They will allow you inside the U.S. Consulate in Saigon, but may or may not interview you. Bring your U.S. Passport when you arrive at the consulate and the guards will let you in. Be sure to let the interviewing officer know who you are! You can walk up to the interviewing booth with your fiancé and told the consulate staff who you are, They may or may not choose to interview you..

Dude, this is called word-for-word plagiarism.

Timeline

Dude, this is called word-for-word plagiarism.

Just answering the original posters question by placing all the information in 1 post, including the first link in my post, that I authored years ago.

I guess I should reference who the sources were, but this forum is about sharing information, not about publishing rights :)

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

Timeline

Thanks for sharing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.