Volta-Region

Urgent! Was was denied visa in Ghana today

219 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Please let us know how it goes. They need changes!

Married: 2013: 2013-12-28

USCISI-130 sent: 2014-10-30(Nebraska)

I-130 NO1: 2014-11-06

I-130 Approved : 2015-04-01

USCIS mailed: 2015-04-10

NVC RECEIVED :2015-04-16

Case # Assigned: 2015-04-22

Received DS-261: 2015-04-22

Submitted Ds-261: 2015-04-22

AOS Bill Invoiced: 2015-04-23

AOS Bill Paid: 2015-04-23

Submit AOS and IV packages: 2015-04-25

Scan dates for both packages: 2015-04-27

Ds-261 Reviewed over the phone: 2015-05-01 (9 days after submission)

IV Bill invoiced: 2015-05-04

IV Bill paid: 2015-05-08

AOS checklist received by NVC: 2015-06-19

IV Bill online paid again:: double payment but will get me through ds-260 ( email request for refund will be sent soon) 2015-06-21

IV Bill shows as paid: 2015-06-23

IV Application DS-260 FINALLY SUBMITTED: 2015-06-24

(I guess scan date is 2015-06-24)Hopefully, a shorter wait to case complete.

CASE COMPLETE !!! August 5th 2015

Interview date ***finally. November 10th, 2015

Interview Results: APPROVED! Less than 5 minutes. Glory to God.

POE: .....JFK

Timeline

My wife reached out to her congressman's office and they let us fill out some paperwork for them before they can make enquire in our case and the congressman's told her that they've reached out to Embassy in Ghana and was told our case is in Ghana but it has to be returned back to the USCIS and before they can do anything and my wife herself made a follow up to come to Ghana at the embassy a month later and was told to wait till our petition gets returned back to the USCIS for revocation proceedings and as at now our petition is at the USCIS now and whenever i check our status online it says is at the review now so we are waiting for decision to be made concerning it.

So what did you do? or What are you doing about the situation.

Timeline

My wife reached out to her congressman's office and they let us fill out some paperwork for them before they can make enquire in our case and the congressman's told her that they've reached out to Embassy in Ghana and was told our case is in Ghana but it has to be returned back to the USCIS and before they can do anything and my wife herself made a follow up to come to Ghana at the embassy a month later and was told to wait till our petition gets returned back to the USCIS for revocation proceedings and as at now our petition is at the USCIS now and whenever i check our status online it says is at the review now so we are waiting for decision to be made concerning it.

That's good. Please tell me how long it took from denial till your case got to uscis. I want to know how long await I should be expecting. And the month you were denied. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

yeah its the same co. her initials are KM. Old blonde white lady.

I'm curious if this is the same CO we had in January 2014. Does she have straight blonde hair, shoulder length, probably in her early 40's? I remember my fiance the whole time saying she wouldn't make eye contact with him, just stared at her computer the whole time typing. Edited by AB loves AG

Timeline

I'm curious if this is the same CO we had in January 2014. Does she have straight blonde hair, shoulder length, probably in her early 40's? I remember my fiance the whole time saying she wouldn't make eye contact with him, just stared at her computer the whole time typing.

Yes that is her!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My husband is convinced she was younger, maybe late 20's but I was there at the interview with him and to me she was a bit older. How many blond ladies are there at the embassy, and where do you see the initials KM? I remember her seeming very cold & sterned face.

Timeline

My husband is convinced she was younger, maybe late 20's but I was there at the interview with him and to me she was a bit older. How many blond ladies are there at the embassy, and where do you see the initials KM? I remember her seeming very cold & sterned face.

I only saw one blonde, the lady next to her was brunette and the other side was a man, the initials I didn't see, but as I went back to get her name she had closed her window, the next day we saw the black lady but I got her card and her name is Alma Gurski and she is a supervisor in that unit but she plays games too!

Timeline

She do write her initials on the receipt given when paid the visa fee if she interview u

Edited by Ryan H

Timeline

She do write her initials on the receipt given when paid the visa fee if she interview u

In my case I don't know because I paid online, you would have to ask someone who paid at the embassy

Timeline

Update on the case

I just got a letter back from my senator's office today. Immediately after my wife was denied I sent called his office and they asked me to send them an email detailing everything happened. I sent the email and included lots of evidence, photos, wedding certificates, our children U.S passports, etc... lots of evidence. They sent it all to the chief consulate on my behalf. The reply that gave is "the Case is still in Ghana and it is being review and they will contact me and my wife very very soon." Needless to say, I am very very happy. I honestly did not think anything would come out of contacting my senator's office. I am not sure what will happen but at least it is being reviewed again by someone. I pray for a positive outcome for us. Amen.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR WONDERFUL ADVICE.

Edited by Volta-Region

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Update on the case

I just got a letter back from my senator's office today. Immediately after my wife was denied I sent called his office and they asked me to send them an email detailing everything happened. I sent the email and included lots of evidence, photos, wedding certificates, our children U.S passports, etc... lots of evidence. They sent it all to the chief consulate on my behalf. The reply that gave is "the Case is still in Ghana and it is being review and they will contact me and my wife very very soon." Needless to say, I am very very happy. I honestly did not think anything would come out of contacting my senator's office. I am not sure what will happen but at least it is being reviewed again by someone. I pray for a positive outcome for us. Amen.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR WONDERFUL ADVICE.

That's great that they will give it a second look, best wishes for an approval !

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

My husband was also denied a visa last Monday at the US embassy in Ghana. We did not see that coming at all. We had so much proof. He had a extra large 3 ring binder and over 200 pics. The lady that did his interview was American and would not look at all the proof. She said the marriage seemed staged because of how we met. She would only look at 1 page of skype and it had a couple missed calls on it. Then that day we talked for 10 mins on Skype. That was due to that day I worked late and it was in the middle of the night in Accra. So of course we would not have a hour long conversation. I happened to be in Ghana last year right after Christmas and didn't get back to the states until Feb. The Christmas card he sent me in the mail didn't make it until after Christmas. I had sent him a email saying I received the Christmas card. She asked him why he sent me a Christmas card on valantines day. I WAS IN GHANA!!! She would not look at documents to show I was there. He said it seemed that she had already made up her mind very early in interview. So I have hired a immigration attorney. Hopefully it works. For now I am going back to Ghana next Month to stay for a while. The people at the embassy have no idea what they do to families when they deny. It's horrible!!!! All the waiting to be denied at the end.

Timeline

My husband was also denied a visa last Monday at the US embassy in Ghana. We did not see that coming at all. We had so much proof. He had a extra large 3 ring binder and over 200 pics. The lady that did his interview was American and would not look at all the proof. She said the marriage seemed staged because of how we met. She would only look at 1 page of skype and it had a couple missed calls on it. Then that day we talked for 10 mins on Skype. That was due to that day I worked late and it was in the middle of the night in Accra. So of course we would not have a hour long conversation. I happened to be in Ghana last year right after Christmas and didn't get back to the states until Feb. The Christmas card he sent me in the mail didn't make it until after Christmas. I had sent him a email saying I received the Christmas card. She asked him why he sent me a Christmas card on valantines day. I WAS IN GHANA!!! She would not look at documents to show I was there. He said it seemed that she had already made up her mind very early in interview. So I have hired a immigration attorney. Hopefully it works. For now I am going back to Ghana next Month to stay for a while. The people at the embassy have no idea what they do to families when they deny. It's horrible!!!! All the waiting to be denied at the end.

That's just terrible. Very terrible that this can happen. Did you contact your senator office?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.