gooboo1234

Montreal Consulate AP time

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

My wife had her interview last week in Montreal and she was approved and submitted her passport. However, we forgot to bring the Affidavit of Support original document which I signed. The officer told us to mail it in ASAP, which we did over the weekend. The consulate must have the document now.

Do you know how long it will take her now to get her passport back at Loomis? I checked CEAC site and we are technically in "Administrative Processing." But its only because of this one document which they have received now. I'm worried because I've heard horror stories about AP, I;m hoping this is a straightforward case. The officer told her our case was solid otherwise and that if we sent it in soon this could get wrapped up quickly (She was first in line on her interview day).

Any comments are appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mail doesn't go directly to the consulate at first; when you send mail you address it to their mail sorting facility, all mail is sent there first as a security precaution. After the mail clears security it's forwarded to the consulate, from there it eventually makes its way to the adjudicating officer that dealt with your case. It seems to take about two weeks from when the mail arrives at the sorting facility to when the consulate receives it, then another week until the adjudicating officer receives it assuming Montreal is operating without delays.

Back in September we sat in AP for 33 days; in that time my husband mailed a document, was told it was the wrong one about 2 weeks later, and then had to mail the correct document. So within 33 days a document made it to our adjudicating officer twice, but back then there was only a short delay.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Plus if the "computers" still down,,it may be awhile.....

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

no. the CEAC status is showing, Administrative Processing and it says:

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks.

At this point we might just send my wife back home to Edmonton because I don't know how long this will take. Most replies here are saying that mailing things in takes weeks. Then we must add to that the time it takes the officer to wrap up the case and send it out to the Loomis location.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

My wife had her interview last week in Montreal and she was approved and submitted her passport. However, we forgot to bring the Affidavit of Support original document which I signed. The officer told us to mail it in ASAP, which we did over the weekend. The consulate must have the document now.

Do you know how long it will take her now to get her passport back at Loomis? I checked CEAC site and we are technically in "Administrative Processing." But its only because of this one document which they have received now. I'm worried because I've heard horror stories about AP, I;m hoping this is a straightforward case. The officer told her our case was solid otherwise and that if we sent it in soon this could get wrapped up quickly (She was first in line on her interview day).

We were in a similar situation as were two others we met on VJ. In our case we sent the required documents via Loomis. Loomis delivered on 5/19 but MTL didn't actually receive the physical document until 5/29 because it's delivered to an Off site facility. Both of the others had the same 10 day turnaround. THen withing 1-2 days we all were changed From AP to READY... but that was on 6/2 and TWO OF US are still in READY.The other person was Issued on 6/2 before all the technical issues tH

Technological Systems Issue

JUNE 23, 2015

Visa Systems Issues

• The Bureau of Consular Affairs reports that the database responsible for handling biometric clearances has been rebuilt and is being tested. 39 posts, representing more than two-thirds of our normal capacity, are now online and issuing visas. We are working to restore full biometric data processing.

• We issued more than 45,000 visas yesterday. Beijing alone issued nearly 15,000 visas.

• Our team continues to work 24/7 to restore the systems to full functionality.

• We will continue to bring additional posts online until connectivity with all posts is restored.

• We deeply regret the inconvenience to travelers waiting for visas.

• We continue to post updates to our website, travel.state.gov

Timeline

Hi jfgk1987,

May I ask what your status was on caec through your AP process?

Thanks.

Since you didn't quote my post I didn't see your question to me...

It said "Administrative Processing". It said "ready" when the adjudicating officer had the case in hand. It went back in AP for like half a day and then it said "issued".

Edited by jfgk1987

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

My wife had her interview last week in Montreal and she was approved and submitted her passport. However

, we forgot to bring the Affidavit of Support original document which I signed. The officer told us to mail it in ASAP, which we did over the weekend. The consulate must have the document now.

We had the exact same situation, interview June 9, needed signed affidavit of support, mailed it two days later and still waiting

We had the exact same situation, interview June 9, needed signed affidavit of support, mailed it two days later and still waiting

Something like that will take about 8 weeks.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Mail doesn't go directly to the consulate at first; when you send mail you address it to their mail sorting facility, all mail is sent there first as a security precaution. After the mail clears security it's forwarded to the consulate, from there it eventually makes its way to the adjudicating officer that dealt with your case. It seems to take about two weeks from when the mail arrives at the sorting facility to when the consulate receives it, then another week until the adjudicating officer receives it assuming Montreal is operating without delays.

Back in September we sat in AP for 33 days; in that time my husband mailed a document, was told it was the wrong one about 2 weeks later, and then had to mail the correct document. So within 33 days a document made it to our adjudicating officer twice, but back then there was only a short delay.

We mailed our document and Loomis said it was delivered on 6/22. Its been over two weeks and the consulate is still telling us they haven't received the document. Do you think that is because of the holiday delay that its taking longer?

Timeline

We mailed our document and Loomis said it was delivered on 6/22. Its been over two weeks and the consulate is still telling us they haven't received the document. Do you think that is because of the holiday delay that its taking longer?

Definitely; they had Canada Day (July 1) and an Independence Day observance day (July 3), so they were closed 2 days last week.

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.