jwyn3150

Honeymoon in U.S. territory (PR)

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You should be fine, but technically you are going over international waters. Same would be true for Hawaii though. But like others said there's always that chance the plane has to go somewhere else... Odds are pretty slim, but still there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

We`re going to the US virgin islands and expect no trouble. We`ve been told that as long as our plane does not make a stop anywhere outside US territory we`re fine, so we`re just making sure that won`t happen. as long as it`s US territory (which it is) and you don`t make any stops outside of US territory, you`ll be fine.

Enjoy your honeymoon!

event.png
United_States.gif:wub:Our Journey :wub:Belgium.gif

K1
Sent I-129F: June 9th, 2015
Received at Texas Lockbox: June 11th. Sent to CSC!
NOA1: (NOA1 date June 15th 2015) Hardcopy arrived June 20th 2015
NOA2: July 23rd! Hardcopy arrived July 27th 2015
Left NVC in transit to Brussels Embassy: August 17th 2015
Received at Brussels Embassy: August 21st, 2015
Package 3 sent: August 25th, 2015
Package 3 reveived: August 26th, 2015
Checklist sent back: August 27th, 2015
Medical Appointment in Antwerp: August 27th, 2015 and August 31st, 2015
Received Package 4: September 11th, 2015
Interview: September 17th, 2015 : APPROVED!!!
POE: October 25th, 3.55pm 2015 at Washington Dulles Airport.
Wedding Courthouse: November 24th, 2015. (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family US: April 2nd 2016 (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family Belgium: October 8th 2016 (L)

AoS

Filed for AoS: June 17th 2016

Package arrived: June 20th 2016 8.05 AM

Check Cashed: June 25th 2016

Texts and e-mails NOA1: June 28th, 10.30 PM

Hardcopy NOA1`s: July 2nd

Biometrics letter: July 8th.

Biometrics appointment: July 20th, 11 AM, Charlotte, NC

Early walk-in Biometrics: July 14th!

Approved: 2016/10/28 (no interview)

Greencard received: November 5th 2016. (Wrong country of birth: USA)

RoC

Filed: 10/22/2018

Package arrived: 10/23 2:40PM

Package picked up: 10/24/2018 3:54AM.

NOA1: 10/26/2018

Text and e-mail: 10/29/2018

Check cashed: 10/30/2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks for all the informative responses, everyone! But just like the suggestions above me...I think Florida would be less of a headache lol.

July 2013 - Met in Budapest

July 2014 - Got engaged

K1 Visa - 2015

April 10, sent in I129f

April 15, NOA1

May 27, NOA2

Approved!

August 5th , POE NYC

September 4th, Married! :dancing:

AOS - 2015/2016

October 6th, filed AOS!

January 2nd, EAD and AP Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

There is no problem at all! I know a couple that went to Hawaii for their honeymoon and they were on the K-1! So don't worry about it! Go to PR its beautiful!

November 22, 2014 (F) - Got Engaged in Central Park

January 22, 2015- Giuseppe returned to Italy
January 23, 2015- Sent out 129F
January 29, 2015- NOA 1 Text Message Received.
June 10, 2015 - NOA2 - Our Case was Approved!!!!
Going back to Italy to visit my love (L) - June 28, 2015
Engagement Party/ Bridal Shower in Italy - July 13, 2015

September 8, 2015 - Interview in Naples - APPROVED!

March 17, 2016 - Our Wedding!!

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

vtOaI2.jpg

Hi everyone,

We got our NOA2 and started to do some of the planning for the wedding. I have read and got some mixed reviews of going outside of the U.S. for the honeymoon...even to places like Puerto Rico. My question is pretty simple, is there a risk of going to PR....and would you advise agaist it? I am half PR but have never been, so I thought since we can't go anywhere exotic (And Hawaii is too expensive) that we can go to PR for the honeymoon...but now I'm not too sure.

Thanks!

Hello,

I am the spouse of a U.S. citizen and we are in the U.S. Virgin Islands since December 2014. We filed my AOS in March.

I travelled to Puerto Rico in April and last week I got mt travel document. Today we have the interview for the Green Card at our USCIS local office and they did not question the trip to PR. My I-94 says 'Departure' when I left for PR but it did not pose any problem for USCIS.

If you feel you want to spend in your honeymoon in PR, I would say go for it. The chances that your plane lands in another country to fill its tank are slim, same as you getting kidnapped and then returned to the US, where you lose your application :P Puerto Rico is a wonderful place but kinda hot too.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.