Janelle2002

Wife of Israel's interior minister tweets, and deletes, racist joke about President Obama

58 posts in this topic

Don't push it Mein Freund, one privilege we do get is the right to cut someone. You operate on the hope factor, you hope something doesn't go wrong. We operate on the wish factor...

I wish you would ask me to say thank you....

:rofl::thumbs:

:rofl::thumbs:

I just heard it again for the first time in years. Sorry for the language, I forgot he used some words I don't approve of, but you get the point. :devil:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I just heard it again for the first time in years. Sorry for the language, I forgot he used some words I don't approve of, but you get the point. :devil:

Yes, but funny nonetheless! Good one!

Yes, but funny nonetheless! Good one!

What funny is, we as a people try to define ourselves as a being individuals. Not as a monolith to be stereotyped, but when he said this, I caught myself remembering that I know a whole lot of black people who do this on the regular. Way before he brought it up, we'd be like, I wish you would say something else or something in that vein. Even I, as calm as I try to be, I be like I wish they would tell me I can't buy that new Batman game...

Kevin Hart used it as well.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1rqumlVe04

Openly throwing dog feces at black people does not happen in the streets of any civilized country on the planet. Don't you dare compare yourselves to the rest of us.

I'll compare myself to whoever I wanna compare myself. You can't tell me what to do. "the rest of us"? You don't sound very civilized to me.

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Timeline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1rqumlVe04

Openly throwing dog feces at black people does not happen in the streets of any civilized country on the planet. Don't you dare compare yourselves to the rest of us.

Do you even know anything about the situation of the African refugees? Of course not, cause you don't know anything about anything yet keep trying to pretend you do, so let me give you some perspective;

It mainly started in the second half of 2000. Citizens of mainly Eritrea and Sudan(but also Ethiopia and several other countries) began entering Israel illegally through the fenced border with Egypt. The Egyptians - well, if they see them they either shoot them or beat them to death. But word spread quickly that those who actually make it over the border into Israel get picked up by an Israeli military jeep that gives them food, water, and finds them shade and shelter. So that only encouraged more of them to cross.

By 2013 more than 60,000 crossed the border. At times there was a literal tug o war between Israeli and Egyptian soldiers when if the Egyptians managed to pull any of them back into the Egyptian side, they would beat them and stone them to death. Talk about civilized.

Israel doesn't review the status of the individual immigrants originating from Eritrea or Sudan, who constitute about 83% of the total people coming to Israel through the Egyptian border, and instead automatically grants them a "temporary protection group" status. This status allows these migrants to gain a temporary residence permit within Israel, which they must renew every 3 months. Usually this also means that they would be eligible for a work permit in Israel. In the past Israel also granted an automatic "temporary protection group" status to all citizens of the ivory coast and south sudan, although since then the validity of this status has expired.

The Israeli government originally tolerated the new arrivals from Africa. It allowed their entry and many migrants found menial jobs in hotels and restaurants. But after their numbers swelled, concerns were raised. Even though they are now 0.5% of the population, 4.5% of the crime is committed by them. Including, hundreds of vases of rape and sexual assault and dozens of murders.

While there is a decline in cases of robberies in the general population, there is a dramatic increase in this type of crime among the illegal immigrants. Due to an increase in criminal acts and the feeling of insecurity among the residents of southern Tel Aviv, the Israeli police established a new station near the New central bus station and the Shapira neighborhood. The station includes approximately 100 police officers and is expected to accommodate about 150 police officers. According to the data of the Israeli Police, which was presented to the Knesset in March 2012, from 2007 there was a steady increase in the involvement in crime of the illegal immigrants, both due to the significant increase in their numbers and for various other reasons. In 2011, 1,200 criminal cases were opened against illegal immigrants from Africa, half of them in the Tel Aviv district. This is an increase of 54% in comparison to the previous year.

In Israeli cities that have high rates of African illegal immigrants, a resistance has emerged among the local population against this phenomenon. In mid-2010, a demonstration was held in Eilat against the non-action of the Israeli government, the residents claimed that they are now afraid to walk outside at certain neighborhoods at night.

The situation underscores the tension between two strong feelings in Israel. Israel was founded in the wake of the Holocaust and has provided refuge to Jews fleeing oppression around the world. On one hand, many Israelis feel Israel has a special responsibility to assist refugees in such dire conditions. On the other hand, many Israelis fear the continued migration of asylum seekers and refugees would open the floodgates to overcrowding in Israel. Some of the Muslim refugees openly declared that they are not in Israel to seek refuge but rather in order to get Jerusalem(look for THAT on youtube, huh?). From a security perspective, they may serve as "informant"(especially the Sudanese) or as "operatives of hostile states or terror organizations". From the demographic perspective, they would be a threat to Jewish majority.

On the other hand, Israel has a number of organizations focused on helping the asylum seekers in Israel (mainly by legal aid) including the Hotline for Refugees and Migrants, ASSAF, Physicians for Human Rights-Israel, African Refugees Development Center and Association for Civil Rights in Israel. Most of these organization are funded by the New Israel Fund. Relief organizations have been involved in discussions held in Knesset committees on this issue and have submitted a petition against the measures the state has taken to put a halt to the phenomenon of immigration. Demonstrations, rallies and other event supporting the refugees have also been held regularly. On 28 December 2013 thousands have protested in Tel Aviv against detention of asylum seekers from Sudan and Eritrea.

On 15 January 2014, the Knesset Committee on Foreign Workers met to discuss the Immigration and Border Authority policy toward asylum seekers and its impact on the business sector. African asylum seekers were present and participated in the Knesset meeting. They were supported by MK Michal Rozin of Meretz.

In April 2014, activists organized a Passover seder with migrant workers at the Holot facility to recall the Passover story and call attention to the plight of the migrants. Similar seders were held in support of the migrants in Tel Aviv and Washington.

So don't talk to me about civilized, unless you're civilized enough to understand what you're talking about. Next paint and taint?

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

Do you even know anything about the situation of the African refugees? Of course not, cause you don't know anything about anything yet keep trying to pretend you do, so let me give you some perspective;

It mainly started in the second half of 2000. Citizens of mainly Eritrea and Sudan(but also Ethiopia and several other countries) began entering Israel illegally through the fenced border with Egypt. The Egyptians - well, if they see them they either shoot them or beat them to death. But word spread quickly that those who actually make it over the border into Israel get picked up by an Israeli military jeep that gives them food, water, and finds them shade and shelter. So that only encouraged more of them to cross.

By 2013 more than 60,000 crossed the border. At times there was a literal tug o war between Israeli and Egyptian soldiers when if the Egyptians managed to pull any of them back into the Egyptian side, they would beat them and stone them to death. Talk about civilized.

Israel doesn't review the status of the individual immigrants originating from Eritrea or Sudan, who constitute about 83% of the total people coming to Israel through the Egyptian border, and instead automatically grants them a "temporary protection group" status. This status allows these migrants to gain a temporary residence permit within Israel, which they must renew every 3 months. Usually this also means that they would be eligible for a work permit in Israel. In the past Israel also granted an automatic "temporary protection group" status to all citizens of the ivory coast and south sudan, although since then the validity of this status has expired.

The Israeli government originally tolerated the new arrivals from Africa. It allowed their entry and many migrants found menial jobs in hotels and restaurants. But after their numbers swelled, concerns were raised. Even though they are now 0.5% of the population, 4.5% of the crime is committed by them. Including, hundreds of vases of rape and sexual assault and dozens of murders.

While there is a decline in cases of robberies in the general population, there is a dramatic increase in this type of crime among the illegal immigrants. Due to an increase in criminal acts and the feeling of insecurity among the residents of southern Tel Aviv, the Israeli police established a new station near the New central bus station and the Shapira neighborhood. The station includes approximately 100 police officers and is expected to accommodate about 150 police officers. According to the data of the Israeli Police, which was presented to the Knesset in March 2012, from 2007 there was a steady increase in the involvement in crime of the illegal immigrants, both due to the significant increase in their numbers and for various other reasons. In 2011, 1,200 criminal cases were opened against illegal immigrants from Africa, half of them in the Tel Aviv district. This is an increase of 54% in comparison to the previous year.

In Israeli cities that have high rates of African illegal immigrants, a resistance has emerged among the local population against this phenomenon. In mid-2010, a demonstration was held in Eilat against the non-action of the Israeli government, the residents claimed that they are now afraid to walk outside at certain neighborhoods at night.

The situation underscores the tension between two strong feelings in Israel. Israel was founded in the wake of the Holocaust and has provided refuge to Jews fleeing oppression around the world. On one hand, many Israelis feel Israel has a special responsibility to assist refugees in such dire conditions. On the other hand, many Israelis fear the continued migration of asylum seekers and refugees would open the floodgates to overcrowding in Israel. Some of the Muslim refugees openly declared that they are not in Israel to seek refuge but rather in order to get Jerusalem(look for THAT on youtube, huh?). From a security perspective, they may serve as "informant"(especially the Sudanese) or as "operatives of hostile states or terror organizations". From the demographic perspective, they would be a threat to Jewish majority.

On the other hand, Israel has a number of organizations focused on helping the asylum seekers in Israel (mainly by legal aid) including the Hotline for Refugees and Migrants, ASSAF, Physicians for Human Rights-Israel, African Refugees Development Center and Association for Civil Rights in Israel. Most of these organization are funded by the New Israel Fund. Relief organizations have been involved in discussions held in Knesset committees on this issue and have submitted a petition against the measures the state has taken to put a halt to the phenomenon of immigration. Demonstrations, rallies and other event supporting the refugees have also been held regularly. On 28 December 2013 thousands have protested in Tel Aviv against detention of asylum seekers from Sudan and Eritrea.

On 15 January 2014, the Knesset Committee on Foreign Workers met to discuss the Immigration and Border Authority policy toward asylum seekers and its impact on the business sector. African asylum seekers were present and participated in the Knesset meeting. They were supported by MK Michal Rozin of Meretz.

In April 2014, activists organized a Passover seder with migrant workers at the Holot facility to recall the Passover story and call attention to the plight of the migrants. Similar seders were held in support of the migrants in Tel Aviv and Washington.

So don't talk to me about civilized, unless you're civilized enough to understand what you're talking about. Next paint and taint?

Not what the Jewish man said on the video nor is it what the Jewish columnists, 3 of them, said either.

One pathetic thing seems to always ring true. Racists, bigots, abusers, and other jewels of human society always manage to spin a nice, pretty, polished justification for their beliefs and actions. What I am reading here is that "it is OK to throw dog feces on someone in the street because they are African and here is a nice, long, boring, stupid, cut-and-paste explanation why".

You missed the opportunity to acknowledge it, condemn it, and move on and in doing so it brands you.

Edited by iwannaplay54

Filed: Timeline

And for what's really going on, HRW has a thing or two to say about Isreal's treatment of these African refugees.

Sudanese, Eritreans Seeking Protection Faced With Indefinite Detention
SEPTEMBER 9, 2014

Israeli authorities have unlawfully coerced almost 7,000 Eritrean and Sudanese nationals into returning to their home countries where they risk serious abuse, Human Rights Watch said in a report released today. Some returning Sudanese have faced torture, arbitrary detention, and treason charges in Sudan for setting foot in Israel, while returning Eritreans also face a serious risk of abuse.

The 83-page report, “‘Make Their Lives Miserable:’ Israel’s Coercion of Eritrean and Sudanese Asylum Seekers to Leave Israel,” documents how Israel’s convoluted legal rules thwart Eritrean and Sudanese asylum seekers’ attempts to secure protection under Israeli and international law. Israeli authorities have labelled Eritreans and Sudanese a “threat”, branded them “infiltrators,” denied them access to fair and efficient asylum procedures, and used the resulting insecure legal status as a pretext to unlawfully detain or threaten to detain them indefinitely, coercing thousands into leaving.

“Destroying people’s hope of finding protection by forcing them into a corner and then claiming they are voluntarily leaving Israel is transparently abusive,” said Gerry Simpson, senior refugee researcher at Human Rights Watch and author of the report. “Eritreans and Sudanese in Israel are left with the choice of living in fear of spending the rest of their days locked up in desert detention centers or of risking detention and abuse back home.”

In 2006, Eritreans and Sudanese began arriving in Israel through Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula in large numbers, fleeing widespread human rights abuses in their countries. By the time Israel all but sealed off its border with Egypt in December 2012, about 37,000 Eritreans and 14,000 Sudanese had entered the country.

Over the past eight years, the Israeli authorities have applied various coercive measures to “make their lives miserable” and “encourage the illegals to leave,” in the words of former Israeli Interior Minister Eli Yishai and current Israeli Interior Minister Gideon Sa’ar, respectively. These include indefinite detention, obstacles to accessing Israel’s asylum system, the rejection of 99.9 percent of Eritrean and Sudanese asylum claims, ambiguous policies on being allowed to work, and severely restricted access to healthcare.

Since June 2012, the Israeli authorities have indefinitely detained thousands of Eritreans and Sudanese for entering Israel irregularly, that is, without entering through an official border crossing. After the Israeli Supreme Court ruled in September 2013 that such detention was unlawful, the Israeli authorities responded by renaming their detention policy and began requiring Eritreans and Sudanese to live in the Holot “Residency Center” in Israel’s remote Negev desert in conditions which amount to detention despite the change in name.

In January 2014, Human Rights Watch spoke with one of the first people to be detained in the Holot facility, a 21-year-old Eritrean who said, “Life here in Holot is the same as in [israel’s] Saharonim [detention center], where I was detained for 14 months before. Lots of people here have mental problems because they were also detained for so long. I am also afraid of getting those problems. I have been in prison for so long.”

As of late August 2014, just under 2,000 Eritreans and Sudanese – including over 1,000 who have claimed asylum – were detained in the Holot facility, while just under 1,000 were detained in the Saharonim detention center. The remaining 41,000 Eritreans and Sudanese in Israel’s cities live under threat of being ordered to report to Holot.

Detaining people in Holot breaches the prohibition under international law on arbitrary detention because people are confined to a specific location where they cannot carry out their normal occupational and social activities. Detainees are held there for no lawful purpose and indefinitely under a blanket immigration detention policy. The Israeli authorities fail to justify, on an individual basis, each decision to detain someone and there is no effective way to challenge the decision.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

ngbbs4fc63bbf3162d.jpg

You seem upset.

Was it the newspaper article about racism in Israel or the video showing and describing right-wing Israelis in funny hats cursing and throwing dog feces at black people?

Edited by iwannaplay54

And for what's really going on, HRW has a thing or two to say about Isreal's treatment of these African refugees.

There are dozens of stories like this. Racism in Israel is mainstream. Respect for international law is a joke.

Edited by iwannaplay54

Timeline

Not what the Jewish man said on the video nor is it what the Jewish columnists, 3 of them, said either.

One pathetic thing seems to always ring true. Racists, bigots, abusers, and other jewels of human society always manage to spin a nice, pretty, polished justification for their beliefs and actions. What I am reading here is that "it is OK to throw dog feces on someone in the street because they are African and here is a nice, long, boring, stupid, cut-and-paste explanation why".

You missed the opportunity to acknowledge it, condemn it, and move on and in doing so it brands you.

There are dozens of stories like this. Racism in Israel is mainstream. Respect for international law is a joke.

You seem upset.

Was it the newspaper article about racism in Israel or the video showing and describing right-wing Israelis in funny hats cursing and throwing dog feces at black people?

You sound like Hitler. Again, your arrogance and ignorance does not allow you to read, comprehend, pay attention, listen and actually learn something.

You know what's pathetic? Again, the attempt to portray Israelis as monsters with horns. Especially coming from someone associated with the great track record the flag on your profile has when it comes to human rights and being civilized. Anybody with half a brain won't buy into anything you or people such as you write or say. Actually even a quarter of a brain should suffice.

If you paid attention you would also know that at least 70% of what I wrote had nothing to do with cut and paste.

But you don't want facts. You know the funny thing is - people like you, Expat, Big Dog, actually know nothing about the people you claim to be supporting or what they go through. I have friends all over the place. Christian, Muslim, Jews, Druze, Israelis, Palestinians, Americans, Europeans, Ethiopians, African American, you name it.

Actually I bet I have more Palestinian or African friends than you or Expat have ever even met. The Palestinians all say the same thing - they don't need people like you. Like any of you. Jumping on the hate bandwagon in pretense of actually caring. You do them no favors, just as you do the Africans no favors. All you do is cause damage to their cause/s. Their words, not mine. With your sick twisted hatred. The sooner people like you and Expat learn to shut your mouth the sooner peace in the middle east will be possible. So you and your racist bigot friends can take your hateful rhetoric and shove it where the sun don't shine - or - you can keep making a mockery of yourself. Your choice.

You obviously weren't paying attention either. I already covered how in the begining there was alot more tolerance and why now there is less tolerance.

You guys seriously need to work on your reading comprehension level.

Timeline

In 2010 Israel began building a barrier along sections of its border with Egypt to curb the influx of illegal immigrants from African countries. Construction was completed in January 2013. 230 km of fence have been built. While 9,570 citizens of various African countries entered Israel illegally in the first half of 2012, only 34 did the same in the first six months of 2013, after construction of the barrier was completed. It represents a decrease of over 99%.

Israel also began deporting thousands of illegal immigrants who were residing in the country. It was reported that Israel was close to signing a deal with several African countries that accepted tens of thousands of African migrants currently residing in Israel in exchange for a benefits package including weapons, military knowledge, economic and agricultural aid.

In 2012, the Israeli Knesset passed an "anti-infiltration law." Many Africans who entered after the bill's passage or those whose visas have expired have been to the or the neighboring Saharonim prison. Advocates like MK Michal Rozin visited Saharonim and said that migrants received adequate food and medical care and were not mistreated, but said that sending migrants there was inhumane. After the Supreme Court of Israel declared that the long-term custody of migrants in Sahronim was unconstitutional, the government opened Holot, an open facility, in December 2013. The 1,800 residents at Holot are allowed to leave but are required to sign in three times a day and return for an evening curfew. Israeli courts cancelled summonses of African asylum seekers to the Holot facility, and froze others until appeals can be heard against them. Judges also criticized the summons process, saying there exist fundamental problems, including the failure to examine individual circumstances and the lack of hearings for asylum seekers. The government stated that hearings were not necessary because ordering the migrants to travel to Holot does not violate their human rights.

On September 22, 2014, the High Court struck down the anti-infiltration law (under which the Holot facility operated) and ordered the state to close Holot within 90 days. The court addressed two measures: (1) whether to limit the detention of migrants, and (2) whether to close Holot. On both measures, the court sided with the petitioners (the Association for Civil Rights in Israel, the Hotline for Refugees and Migrants, ASSAF, Kav LaOved, Physicians for Human Rights–Israel, and Amnesty International–Israel). The ruling said that conditions at the facility were an "unbearable violation of [their] basic rights, first and foremost the right to freedom and the right to dignity". Illegal migrants can no longer be detained for up to a year without trial. The court also criticized the government for passing an amendment that effectively preserved the same defect that led the court to cancel the amendment it replaced.

The vast majority of the roughly 54,000 African migrants remain free, largely concentrated in impoverished areas of southern Tel Aviv. The Tel Aviv municipality offers them aid, including welfare and education for their children.

Timeline

BTW HRW is the last organization that has any right to say anything with regards to what Israel does, so if that's your source, you're really a lost case.

http://www.ngo-monitor.org/article/human_rights_watch_hrw_

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Human_Rights_Watch

Edited by OriZ

Case closed. You have no credibility.

Never claimed to. The articles, videos, and testimony of the people who live there (added to the tweet under discussion) all paint a consistent picture that you have not even come close to overcoming. Perhaps you should have closed your case back on page 2.