Nedaradwan

K1 visa / Help with example affidavit

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello,

I filled a K1 visa for my fiance in Jan/14/2014 and last week received mail asking for REQUEST for EVIDENCE. the mail was asking for written statements sworn to or affirmed by two persons, other than your self and the person you are petitioning for, who were living at the time the events occurred, and who have personal knowledge of the event (meeting in person in the last two years) you are trying to prove.

I am trying to edit the sample that's been posted here on visajourney. It's a little confusing to me, could someone please explain what the areas that I have highlighted in red mean?

BEFORE THE UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

#A123456789

IN RE: JOINT PETITION OF

JOHN AND JANE SMITH TO how I can edit it to apply for fiancé 's visa?

REMOVE CONDITIONS ON

RESIDENCE OF JANE SMITH

/

AFFIDAVIT OF BUDDY O’MINE

BEFORE ME, do i neet to change it ? the undersigned authority, personally appeared BUDDY O’MINE who, after being first duly sworn and cautioned upon his oath, deposes and states:

1. My name is Buddy O’Mine. I live at 123 Main Street, Anytown, USA. I was born in Anytown, USA on July 4, 1976. I have personal knowledge of the facts set forth herein.

2. I have been a close personal friend of John Smith since he was twelve years old. He met Jane Jones when he traveled to London, England with me in August 2002.

3. [Additional information regarding personal knowledge of marriage/relationship]

FURTHER AFFIANT SAYETH NAUGHT

BUDDY O’MINE

STATE OF _____________ )

) ss.: what should be written here?

COUNTY OF ____________ )

Sworn to and subscribed before me this _____ day of _________, 2007, by BUDDY O’MINE, who personally appeared before me, is personally known to me or produced _____________________________ as identification, and did take an oath.

Notary:

[NOTARIAL SEAL] Print Name:

Notary Public, State of

My commission expires: what should go here?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Questions:

1.A. Did you file the I-129F petition on 14 Jan 2014, and you've just now received an RFE from USCIS asking for proof that you met in the last two years? Or:

1.B. Your fiance (fiancee?) received the visa and is now in the U.S., and you're attempting to adjust status?

The sample affidavit that you've reproduced above is for Removing Conditions, which is a much later step than "proof of meeting within the last two years" (= part of the I-129F petition process).

The "State of ____ / County of ____" section is for the Notary Public to complete, when each affiant appears to sign the affidavit in the Notary's presence. You need not be concerned with this part.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Affidavits by themselves are considered weak evidence. Suggest that you provide as many of the evidence examples noted in the VJ K1 Guide:

Documentary Proof of Having Met in Person in the Past Two Years and an Ongoing Relationship:

Use as many of these items are possible. There is no minimum, but the more you can provide the less likely you are that you will receive an RFE. Additionally, please note that providing proof of your ongoing and genuine relationship in this package may benefit you by allowing the consulate to have access to this information prior to them formally contacting the non US Citizen fiance. Many high risk consulates approach cases with a skeptical eye and providing this information early on in the original I-129F package will help them in their preliminary review of your case.

1. Copies of all airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts, passport stamps (make sure you can read the dates on the stamps), and other documentary evidence that you have met within the last two years. You may want to highlight or place post-it notes indicating the dates and locations on the copies (to make the adjudication easier) for the person reviewing your file.
2. Color Photo's of you and your fiance(e) together. Make sure you write your names, date, and location on the back of every photo. Provide two to five photo's. If you only have a single copy of the photo, then make a color copy and send that. If it is a digital photo, have it printed at a local photo store such as Walgreens (if at all possible) or if not on a high quality printer. Place photo's in a plastic bag or photo sheet and label the sheet. Note that you may not receive originals of photo's back.
3. The following items will not typically show proof of having met in the last two years however will show proof of an ongoing relationship: Copies of land line and cell phone bills, appropriate letters and emails, stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca