rnab32

Received my RFE today

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I knew these sites existed. But, I had never heard of them being called IMB before. Is "Facebook"..,.,., just wondering.

If there is no IMB, then I see nothing wrong, with meeting some one on a site like I have met several ladies in the Philippines, and talked to many times. (CherryBlossoms.com)

I personally, think this means nothing, but you sure came up with some good evidence, if it ever became an issue.

I would just tell the truth, we met on a web site, then we met face to face and spent time together.,.,.,.,.,,..,.,. and so on!

Facebook is a social websitenot a dating service or IMB.. social media or chat sites are not in question but needs to be stated in original petition or in response to RFE. As to how you met. there have been quite a few RFE's on this matter alone. Mine included but not a big deal and not much of a delay either.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance and I met online. My petition was approved without an RFE. Here is my statement regarding our meeting:

" we first met on the free dating website "p.o.f.com". We met in person several weeks later and began dating exclusively" that was it, no further explanation of "how we met"!

Unbelievable how inconsistent these adjucants are in determining IMBs I did the same thing you did but I received an RFE and now it's been 2 months with no NOA2. They need to get their act together.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got rfe because I mention in the letter 'how we met' that me and my fiance met in Filipino cupid. we reply that filipinocupid is not imb, hope we got approved soon

Timeline

We got rfe because I mention in the letter 'how we met' that me and my fiance met in Filipino cupid. we reply that filipinocupid is not imb, hope we got approved soon

You will be fine. that's all they need to know is that the site is not IMB. I got the same one.

I proved filipinocupid.com is not an IMB by providing a printout of their terms of service highlighting section 3 which states it isn't an IMB, providing an email from filipinocupid where they state they're not an IMB because they fall within the IMBRA exception, and a screenshot of IMBRA background survey on filipinocupid.com. My rfe was approved a week after they received it and I just received my noa2.

ROC:

7/2/18 - ROC packet (I-751) sent

7/5/18 - USCIS CSC received

7/13/18 - NOA (I-797) notice date

7/17/18 - $680 check cashed

7/20/18 - NOA (I-797) received

3/11/19 - Biometrics reused

6/4/19 - Case transferred to Potomac Service Center  

10/9/19 - New Card Is Being Produced / Approved

10/11/19 - Card Was Mailed To Me

10/12/19 - Approval Notice received

10/17/19 - 10-yr Green Card received

can you please explain how to do this one ?

I just completed the IMBRA background survey on filipinocupid.com. You have to have an active account. Log in with your log in information and you'll see the IMBRA background survey as part of completing your profile. Fill it out completely, then simply right-click on the completed survey, then select Print.

ROC:

7/2/18 - ROC packet (I-751) sent

7/5/18 - USCIS CSC received

7/13/18 - NOA (I-797) notice date

7/17/18 - $680 check cashed

7/20/18 - NOA (I-797) received

3/11/19 - Biometrics reused

6/4/19 - Case transferred to Potomac Service Center  

10/9/19 - New Card Is Being Produced / Approved

10/11/19 - Card Was Mailed To Me

10/12/19 - Approval Notice received

10/17/19 - 10-yr Green Card received

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I received the same RFE before I was approved. They want to make sure that if you met online it was not through a marriage broker because then the marriage broker needs to give permission to give out your fiancés Info. I met my fiancé on a social media website. I named in my letter the website and even sent a copy of Wikipedia explaining what the website was. I copied both my profile page and my fiancés profile page.

I then wrote a letter explaining I sent him a note and he responded then we escalated to chatting on Whatsapp and sending emails and later talking on the phone.

I even padded my petition with more phone bills and pictures.

in the letter I started from the beginning and explained the dates that I went to meet him and when we got engaged.

I sent a different envelope and put it in a over nite envelope. they received it the next day and a week later I was approved! good luck. you will be approved soon!

This is an incredibly helpful post.

We received a RFE today asking us to give specifics about Match.com, including the circumstances under which we met to establish the relationship, and prove that Match.com is not an IMB. I thought everyone and their grandma knows about Match and that it is a given that it is not an IMB. There's a lot of information about proving other dating websites are not IMBs, but not a lot of information about Match.

The description of what you did will help in answering their question to give details about the site and how we established the relationship on there.

Timeline

Yea doesn't really matter what they know. .it's what you can prove...everything has to be documented it appears. .they may very audited or something they even send those out for people who meet on facebook..just give them what they want so you can move on with your life. .it's not much of a delay when you answer quickly. .if that's all it is be thankful you'll be approved very soon. .congrats and good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.