rnab32

Received my RFE today

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Reply to the email and say something like "thanks for the reply" and then you should be able to delete it. Before you hit send, print it out.

Another thought was, didn't you use the free service and not pay anything?

Reply to the email and say something like "thanks for the reply" and then you should be able to delete it. Before you hit send, print it out.

Another thought was, didn't you use the free service and not pay anything?

Ah, that works!

I had to pay membership fee if I wanted to be able to send messages to members.

Thanks again!

ROC:

7/2/18 - ROC packet (I-751) sent

7/5/18 - USCIS CSC received

7/13/18 - NOA (I-797) notice date

7/17/18 - $680 check cashed

7/20/18 - NOA (I-797) received

3/11/19 - Biometrics reused

6/4/19 - Case transferred to Potomac Service Center  

10/9/19 - New Card Is Being Produced / Approved

10/11/19 - Card Was Mailed To Me

10/12/19 - Approval Notice received

10/17/19 - 10-yr Green Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks raven!

I just want to be prepare because a lot of VJ members are getting RFEs asking them to prove the dating sites they used to meet their fiancee is not an IMB. I am printing out the site's Terms Of Use along with the email in my original post to send to the USCIS.

Thanks ch3john! Your clarification is helpful and puts me at ease.

In my opinion it may not matter what you say to USCIS proving the site is not IMB. I told them my dating site cebuanas.com was not an IMB and that it was a free internet dating site and they still sent an RFE saying it appears cebuanas.com is an IMB and that I need to send further proof. I think they are sending RFE to anyone that met on-line even if you tell them it's not an IMB and that the site is free. It's very frustrating they don't inform applicants to prove the site is not IMB. They are setting up everyone to fail the first go around.

Timeline

In my opinion it may not matter what you say to USCIS proving the site is not IMB. I told them my dating site cebuanas.com was not an IMB and that it was a free internet dating site and they still sent an RFE saying it appears cebuanas.com is an IMB and that I need to send further proof. I think they are sending RFE to anyone that met on-line even if you tell them it's not an IMB and that the site is free. It's very frustrating they don't inform applicants to prove the site is not IMB. They are setting up everyone to fail the first go around.

Of course they're not going to take your word for it, get an email from the company or include the terms of service that state it is not an IMB. They don't tell people to prove it's no IMB because you're are allowed to meet on IMB sites...just have to fill out that part of the form.

Anyway, I get what you mean it should definitely be made more clear what is needed from those who meet on no IMB dating sites...

Timeline

I met my filippina wife on the Cebuana website, very similar to filipino cupid. In my initial letter to the USCIS I sent them the requirement for IMBRA and specifically stated how cebana is excluded from IMBRA. I specifically used the one requirement is below to make my case successfully, quoted from the USCIS.

. Entities that provide dating services if the principal business is not to provide international dating services
between United States citizens or United States residents and foreign nationals, and that charges comparable rates and offers comparable services to all individuals served regardless of their gender or country of citizenship.
I cited above requirement from the USCIS website and added a statement that cebuana is therefore NOT an international marriage broker because cebuana offers the very same services to all countries and is not exclusive for the United States. I also added a statement that cebuana also offers same services and rates to all individuals served regardless of gender or country of citizenship. Again, I stated that cebuana is not included in IMBRA due to those reasons. I finally added that cebuanas principal business is not to provide services between United States residents and foreign nationals as cebuana provides services to all countries on an equal basis, and is not specifically targeting United States residents. USCIS seemed OK with that as we got the I-129 approved with no problems very quickly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I received the same RFE before I was approved. They want to make sure that if you met online it was not through a marriage broker because then the marriage broker needs to give permission to give out your fiancés Info. I met my fiancé on a social media website. I named in my letter the website and even sent a copy of Wikipedia explaining what the website was. I copied both my profile page and my fiancés profile page.

I then wrote a letter explaining I sent him a note and he responded then we escalated to chatting on Whatsapp and sending emails and later talking on the phone.

I even padded my petition with more phone bills and pictures.

in the letter I started from the beginning and explained the dates that I went to meet him and when we got engaged.

I sent a different envelope and put it in a over nite envelope. they received it the next day and a week later I was approved! good luck. you will be approved soon!

Timeline

Nope, it applies to both men and women. There is nothing I have read that says it only applies to USA men. Therefore, it applies to both men and women equally. Do not go by what feminists say. They are upset because some USA men choose to look for foreign women.

Edited by Bjorn&lyne

Timeline

My fiance and I met online. My petition was approved without an RFE. Here is my statement regarding our meeting:

" we first met on the free dating website "p.o.f.com". We met in person several weeks later and began dating exclusively" that was it, no further explanation of "how we met"!

Timeline

My fiance and I met online. My petition was approved without an RFE. Here is my statement regarding our meeting:

" we first met on the free dating website "p.o.f.com". We met in person several weeks later and began dating exclusively" that was it, no further explanation of "how we met"!

That's a first. Lucky you. Don't go giving that advice to people, even though this is how it should work...it never does.

Timeline

Dutifully noted. My petition was "heavy" with dated pictures and other evidence of meeting in person. I just did not supply any evidence from the dating website other than naming it.

Thanks again everyone! Your replies have been super helpful.

ROC:

Timeline

Nope, it applies to both men and women. There is nothing I have read that says it only applies to USA men. Therefore, it applies to both men and women equally. Do not go by what feminists say. They are upset because some USA men choose to look for foreign women.

This is correct the wording in the legislation is gender neutral.

Good luck, buddy. Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks again and will do!

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.