ambrolla

AP = administrative processing, how long?

23 posts in this topic

Same here, CEAS status said READY since about 2 weeks ago, so the DS-160 and MRV fee were taken care of but could not schedule with the response from usatraveldocs "can not schedule yet, we are expecting your documents soon". This morning got an email that we were approved to schedule the interview and the moment that happened the CEAC said "necessary Administrative Processing" and that process may take a few weeks. Will try to schedule the interview 3 weeks out from now and see what happens!

Edited by PHC1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you very much for answering my question ambrolla. That sounds exactly like what is happening to us. The Ceac online notice clearly stated "Case was ready and at the Embassy...schedule interview". Then after we paid the DS-160 fee, ah not so fast. Then the dreaded "AP" excuse appeared on the Ceac online pop up. Oh well, I am hoping my fiance' will not have to wait more than two weeks with her relatives. If longer, we will rent an apartment and just wait it out,lol.

Good luck to you also!

Actually, the best is to schedule an interview as soon as possible since they will ask for documents at the interview and the AP will not start until they'll receive those documents :(

I'm the petitioner

• Met: August 13th, 2010 month later decided to start relationship
  • Proposed - Jabuary, 2015
  • Decided to apply for k-1 visa - March, 2015
  • Sent I-129f to USCIS - March 27th, 2015
  • Got notification on I-129f - March 31st, 2015
  • NOA1 - April 7th, 2015
  • NOA 2 - April 30th, 2015
  • NOA 2 (hardcopy) - May 4th, 2015
  • NVC - May 13th, 2015
  • case sent to the embassy - May 15th, 2015
  • Ready to schedule an interview in embassy (on CEAC) - May 19th, 2015
  • Documents arrived to Russia and can physically schedule an interview - June 3rd, 2015
  • Interview (!!!!!) - June 11th, 2015 (neither approved or denied)
  • Administrative Processing - from 11th of June to July 15th

Green card:

• Sent i-485, August 7th, 2015
  • Notification that they received it - August 13th, 2015
  • Noa-1 Sent to us - (were on vacation, got it on August 22nd)
  • Fingerprint appointment - September 1st, 2015
  • Walk-in - August 24th, 2015
  • RFE - August 26th, 2015
  • RFE evidence received in USCIS - September 14th, 2015

Actually, the best is to schedule an interview as soon as possible since they will ask for documents at the interview and the AP will not start until they'll receive those documents :(

I wonder what other documents they may ask for and how does one prepare for that if the petitioner is flying out to Moscow to attend the interview with the fiancee? In our case it would be difficult to take care of some unforeseen request for documents if I am 5000 miles away from home...

Timeline

I wonder what other documents they may ask for and how does one prepare for that if the petitioner is flying out to Moscow to attend the interview with the fiancee? In our case it would be difficult to take care of some unforeseen request for documents if I am 5000 miles away from home...

They asked us for the university classes transcript, job resume and what my bf's duties were at his job.

As I said, he is a computer science guy.

I'm the petitioner

• Met: August 13th, 2010 month later decided to start relationship
  • Proposed - Jabuary, 2015
  • Decided to apply for k-1 visa - March, 2015
  • Sent I-129f to USCIS - March 27th, 2015
  • Got notification on I-129f - March 31st, 2015
  • NOA1 - April 7th, 2015
  • NOA 2 - April 30th, 2015
  • NOA 2 (hardcopy) - May 4th, 2015
  • NVC - May 13th, 2015
  • case sent to the embassy - May 15th, 2015
  • Ready to schedule an interview in embassy (on CEAC) - May 19th, 2015
  • Documents arrived to Russia and can physically schedule an interview - June 3rd, 2015
  • Interview (!!!!!) - June 11th, 2015 (neither approved or denied)
  • Administrative Processing - from 11th of June to July 15th

Green card:

• Sent i-485, August 7th, 2015
  • Notification that they received it - August 13th, 2015
  • Noa-1 Sent to us - (were on vacation, got it on August 22nd)
  • Fingerprint appointment - September 1st, 2015
  • Walk-in - August 24th, 2015
  • RFE - August 26th, 2015
  • RFE evidence received in USCIS - September 14th, 2015

Timeline

I just checked my portal this morning and it had a time and date posted for the interview, so all is well. AP is still showing on the Ceac popup so from reading all the posts here and from the past, that must be normal for this Embassy.

And I am guessing my fiance' was able to call them last night and finally schedule, lol. Will find out soon.

• 1 month later...

We were in AP for almost a month and all the way through to the interview! About 3 weeks before the interview the embassy requested scans of some documents which we emailed but the status never changed. After the interview the status changed briefly to ready and then AP again and then to the long awaited and exciting status of "ISSUED". 2 days later the visa was in our hands. :) AP status does make one nervous but I think most of the time it is just a phase of the necessary embassy prep work.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

We're on our 6th week of AP (after interview). I suspect it is for TAL (visa mantis) due to her background in science but they don't really say why. Anyone else been waiting a while?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.