bjp_23

case has been stuck at USCIS after consulate returned it for further review

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My case has been stuck at USCIS after consulate returned it for further review. I have already contacted congressman, senator, white house and ombudsman.

Is there anything else I can do?

Does anyone know email address for new USCIS director?

Does anyone know email address for DHS director?

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to put some pressure.

Thanks,

Got married. 08/2013
I-130 Petition file. 10/2013
Uscis approved. 03/2014
Nvc case number assigned 05/2014
Aos submitted. 06/2014
Ds260 submitted. 06/2014
Nvc sent case to Mumbai consulate. 09/2014
Medical 09/2014
Biometrics 09/2014
Interview 10/2014
Consulate issued 221g after interview

Responded with documents for 221g 10/2014

Mumbai consulate put case under AP for 1 month.

Consulate sent my case back to nvc. 11/2014
Uscis received case back from NVC for further review. 12/2014

Since then no update. status says they are reviewing the case and will contact us when review is done.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~duplicate thread removed~

~Please do not multiple post same topic~

(mod hat off)

Please provide more information, such as, type of visa, type and nature of the denial, etc. Your timeline is vacant, :time: You need to provide more information so that other VJ members can better understand your particular visa issue .

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Those you mention will only refer you to the 800 # or to do an e-request

if you are just over 6 mths. for further review there is nothing to be done

the review must go on...at least it gives you a chance of possible RFE as

a case sent back for review has an issue both DOS & USCIS is not yet on

the same page with each other...theres a question

Those you mention will only refer you to the 800 # or to do an e-request

if you are just over 6 mths. for further review there is nothing to be done

the review must go on...at least it gives you a chance of possible RFE as

a case sent back for review has an issue both DOS & USCIS is not yet on

the same page with each other...theres a question

thanks for reply.

so basically just wait until i hear something from them???

Got married. 08/2013
Uscis approved. 03/2014
Aos submitted. 06/2014
Ds260 submitted. 06/2014
Medical 09/2014
Biometrics 09/2014
Interview 10/2014

Since then no update. status says they are reviewing the case and will contact us when review is done.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You say your case has been stuck at USCIS but you don't say for how long and what kind of visa it is. People say just wait and offer no other advice because of that. The USCIS decision can come to you in the mail at any time and you need to be prepared for that. If your case if difficult and you have an idea what the problem might be you should be gathering the things you need to win your rebuttal. If you need an immigration lawyer to help you start making phone calls to get free advice and find out how much each one charges. You will only have 30 days to respond to USCIS.

Our Notice Of Intent To Revoke went to my lawyers office and she emailed me a copy and I retained her again to handle the NOIR because we had a difficult case. My husband is one of those people who put things off until the last minute so my the lawyer got the paperwork into USCIS the day before the deadline. I can tell you I was pulling my hair out waiting for the papers from Pakistan and pulling it out some more waiting for the decision from USCIS. My husband is here now with his green card. Everything worked out for us and it can work out for you too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My case is also stuck at the USCIS office now USCIS recieved my case On April 20th for further Review up till now no decision has been made,My wife contacted the congressman's office again on friday but she was told to wait for another 60days again cos the congressman's office contact the USCIS but was told our case still still under review and my wife is feeling hopeless now and dont know wether to quit with the process or continue..So i need ur advice since you've beeen through this whole hectic process like how long should we have to wait again?

You say your case has been stuck at USCIS but you don't say for how long and what kind of visa it is. People say just wait and offer no other advice because of that. The USCIS decision can come to you in the mail at any time and you need to be prepared for that. If your case if difficult and you have an idea what the problem might be you should be gathering the things you need to win your rebuttal. If you need an immigration lawyer to help you start making phone calls to get free advice and find out how much each one charges. You will only have 30 days to respond to USCIS.

Our Notice Of Intent To Revoke went to my lawyers office and she emailed me a copy and I retained her again to handle the NOIR because we had a difficult case. My husband is one of those people who put things off until the last minute so my the lawyer got the paperwork into USCIS the day before the deadline. I can tell you I was pulling my hair out waiting for the papers from Pakistan and pulling it out some more waiting for the decision from USCIS. My husband is here now with his green card. Everything worked out for us and it can work out for you too.

Cases seem similar but are different, depend on where U are in the process,

and what visa....information is lacking for str8 answers....also April to June

is not a long wait and if you indicate giving up on the process it throws a

question in there .....is it bonafide? (if its a spousal visa) Review means

there is question/s....don't stress about time, think about review reasons

and get your ducks in row. One can get a quick denial response

My case has been stuck at USCIS after consulate returned it for further review. I have already contacted congressman, senator, white house and ombudsman.

Is there anything else I can do?

Does anyone know email address for new USCIS director?

Does anyone know email address for DHS director?

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to put some pressure.

Thanks,

That's the last thing you wanna do... (tactics that may work in India may be ill-advised in the US)

And.. please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Timeline

My case is also stuck at the USCIS office now USCIS recieved my case On April 20th for further Review up till now no decision has been made,My wife contacted the congressman's office again on friday but she was told to wait for another 60days again cos the congressman's office contact the USCIS but was told our case still still under review and my wife is feeling hopeless now and dont know wether to quit with the process or continue..So i need ur advice since you've beeen through this whole hectic process like how long should we have to wait again?

To be realistic it can take months to get your NOIR or USCIS can not agree with the embassy and they send your case back for another interview. Encourage your wife and let her know that you are just waiting your turn like everyone else. As I said the NOIR can come in the mail out of the blue so you must be ready to respond instead of feeling sorry for yourselves or getting angry. My husband was my strength through it all. Tell her you want to continue with the case and that you love and want to be with her.

thank you for your reply.

my case is I-130.

USCIS received it in December 2014 back from Mumbai (India) consulate. every time i call USCIS they are saying they are doing review.

Edited by bjp_23

Got married. 08/2013
Uscis approved. 03/2014
Aos submitted. 06/2014
Ds260 submitted. 06/2014
Medical 09/2014
Biometrics 09/2014
Interview 10/2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you for the quick response...so how long didit take u to recieve you NOIR from USCIS

To be realistic it can take months to get your NOIR or USCIS can not agree with the embassy and they send your case back for another interview. Encourage your wife and let her know that you are just waiting your turn like everyone else. As I said the NOIR can come in the mail out of the blue so you must be ready to respond instead of feeling sorry for yourselves or getting angry. My husband was my strength through it all. Tell her you want to continue with the case and that you love and want to be with her.

Edited by IssahluvsTanya

My case is also stuck at the USCIS office now USCIS recieved my case On April 20th for further Review up till now no decision has been made,My wife contacted the congressman's office again on friday but she was told to wait for another 60days again cos the congressman's office contact the USCIS but was told our case still still under review and my wife is feeling hopeless now and dont know wether to quit with the process or continue..So i need ur advice since you've beeen through this whole hectic process like how long should we have to wait a

USCIS received it in December 2014 back from Mumbai (India) consulate for further review.

Got married. 08/2013
Uscis approved. 03/2014
Aos submitted. 06/2014
Ds260 submitted. 06/2014
Medical 09/2014
Biometrics 09/2014
Interview 10/2014

Timeline

I had filed a law suit against the Department of State and the embassy. My case is very different from most people. I got my NOIR within 1 month of USCIS getting my caseback and got an approval from USCIS within 2 weeks. Once our case was sent back to Pakistan it took 2 more years of AP before my husband got his visa. In total it took 4and one half years for my husband to get his visa.

I think the average time to get a NOIR is 6 to 8 months or 180 days if I remember right. The best advice I can give is go on with your life. Do fun things and try to relax. The visa process is slow but it will end one day.

thank you all for your input. any other thoughts???

Got married. 08/2013
Uscis approved. 03/2014
Aos submitted. 06/2014
Ds260 submitted. 06/2014
Medical 09/2014
Biometrics 09/2014
Interview 10/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.