36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Congrats

October 30th, 2015 Marriage
AOS I131, I765, I465, Filed November 12th, 2015.
NOA August 29th, 2015.
Biometrics completed December 18th, 2015
I465 changed to Ready for Interview December 23rd, 2015.

December 8th 2014: Posted Documents Express Mail.
December 9th 2014: NOA1 text, Hardcopy on Dec 12th.
May 26 2015: NOA 2

June 1st 2015: NOA 2 Received in mail.

June 2nd 2015: Sent to NVC.

June 9th 2015: Received at NVC.

June 11th 2015: Case Number Assigned.

June 15th 2015: NVC Sent To Embassy.

June 16th 2015:Guyana Embassy Received.

June 19th 2015: Package 3 email to Petitioner received.

June 22nd 2015:Package 3 emailed to Consulate

June 23rd 2015: Package 3 received by Consulate

: Readiness sent off.

.August 11, 2015: Medical

July 29th, 2015 Packet 4 Received .

August 26th, 2015. Interview

August 28th, 2015 Visa Received

September 5th, 2015 POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Had our interview today in Jamaica.... Arrived at the Embassy with my fiancé at 9:00 for a 9:30 appointment. Wasn't much of a line outside and checked in with the First Lady outside. She looked at our appointment letter and circled the date and time and gave it back. Also looked at the DS160 confirmation page. We were then instructed to go in the building, where we went through security. Went through the courtyard to the consular building, where we were greeted by another worker, who took both of our passports, and the appt letter , looked at ds160 confirmation, and receipt for paying visa. She gave the passports back but kept the appt letter. They had him write his passport number on a piece of paper and attached our number and directed us into another area where we waited for our number to be called.

We were called to the first window at 9:15. She asked for ds160 conf page, receipt of payment, original birth certificate for him, no impediment (original), police record (original), Affidavit of Support form along with tax returns and employer letter. I had the bank letter, statements, check stubs, benefits and retirement available but she did not ask for them. Only the tax returns and letter from employer. She had him sign 2 papers, 1. Stating he hasn't gotten married since No Imped issued. 2. That he wouldn't get married until he enters the US.

She then took his passport and passport pictures and stapled in our folder. Fingerprinted him and told us to have a seat and wait for name to be called..

Wasn't a long wait, but it sure felt like it was forever!!! We were both nervous. We got called up to another window and she was very nice and pleasant. Took fingerprints again for verification.

She asked if he had been married before, and if I had been married before. We both have so we showed her our divorce decrees and she gave them back.

Asked him if he had been to US before, which he has, and then asked why he came back to Jamaica.

She mentioned this was our second filing and the only other question she asked was why he didn't make it to the interview of our previously filed K1 Petition.

She took NO evidence of our relationship or any other documents. Told us everything looked in order and to go home and wait for the Visa to come.... You are APPROVED, Best of Luck to y'all.

Only issue we had is that we have a trip planned in July that he will need his passport for and with the computer glitch that is happening we were concerned he wouldn't get it back in time. The lady was very helpful and eased our worry. She gave him an appointment for the day before our trip and said if he hadn't received the passport and visa before then he could come back to embassy and pick up his passport for the trip, and then return it to them when he returns. We walked out of the Embassy at 10:00...

We were excited and surprised that they let me attend the interview with him.. So glad that this step is over and we can move on... PRAISE JESUS... So glad our CO was personable!!!! Now time to pop the champagne!! LOL

Good luck to everyone out there waiting!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A big congrats, good to see good news on the site.

I only wish they could print your visa, no one has any idea, when foreign embassy's can start printing visas again..,,,.,.and how long the back log will take.

I am surprised they are doing interviews, when they cannot print visas. Just creating a huge back log, and I am afraid so many mistakes will be made.

We will see, rumors are they might be able to print late next week.

Timeline

A big congrats, good to see good news on the site.

I only wish they could print your visa, no one has any idea, when foreign embassy's can start printing visas again..,,,.,.and how long the back log will take.

I am surprised they are doing interviews, when they cannot print visas. Just creating a huge back log, and I am afraid so many mistakes will be made.

We will see, rumors are they might be able to print late next week.

Well the VISA is important but the knowing you will get one is important 2... we are all hoping for the best

Timeline

Congratulations on your approval. I bet you are so happy to be there with him through the entire embassy process, just sharing all that nerve racking nervousness and then all that heart warming happiness to know you are approved.

Yes, he was very relieved when they let me go in with him and actually go to the windows with him. It was nice to have someone to be nervous with!!!!! And like you said share the happiness when it was done... We had a big hug at the window and then high five as we were leaving!!!! Glad it's done

Congratulations.

Thank you

Congrats!!!!

Thank you

Congrats.....

Thank you

Congratulations!!

Thank you

Congratulations!!

Thank you

Congrats

Thanks a lot... Good luck on the remainder of your Embassy journey

Congratulations the best is yet to come i am sure

Yes ma'am!!!!! Can't wait!

Timeline

Thanks everyone for the words of support..... So glad this leg is done....

Hopefully they will start printing soon!!!!

Good Luck to all on their journey!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Congratulations !!!!!!

K1

AOS

ROC

09/14/2017 : Package Sent (CSC)

09/15/2017 : Package Received (CSC)

09/15/2017 : NOA1 Date

10/12/2017 : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

N400

09/01/2018 : Application Sent (online)

--/--/---- NOA1 Date

--/--/---- : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

So it's not gonna be easy.

It's going to be really hard;

we're gonna have to work at this everyday,

but I want to do that because I want you.

I want all of you, forever, everyday.

You and me.. everyday.

___The NoteBook

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Congratulations!

And super nice that they offered to let you come and pick up the passport before the trip if you haven't received your visa yet. Hopefully you'll have your visa by then but it was nice of them to let you come and get it so you can travel :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.