35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi I am in the exact same situation I wish I could help but I have no idea what to do as well, please keep my info if you find out let me know. Where in the UK are you?

hi guys,

I am a bit concerned as well as I have been to my medicals on the 09/05 but the embassy sent me a letter asking me if I still wanted to make an application? they received my medicals on the 19/05 I emailed the "info unit" and this is their response:

Thank you for your email.

Embassy records show that on March 8 the Immigrant Visa Unit sent you a letter notifying you that they are ready to begin processing your application. To date, there is no record of you completing and submitting the forms. Information on the steps you are required to take is available from our website at http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html. No further action can be taken until you have completed the DS-160, and submitted the Notification of Applicant’s Readiness form to the Immigrant Visa Unit. See http://london.usembassy.gov/iv/notification_of_applicant_readiness.html for further information. On receipt of the form, the Immigrant Visa Unit will advise you further.

Please note that we can confirm that your medical report has been received by the Immigrant Visa Unit.

Sincerely,

I replied with a copy of my DS-160 and saying that I completed my readiness form aound the 19/05/2015

since then, no response...i am not sure what to do next? my Status on CEAC says "ready " and last update on the 19/05/2015 but I am really worried

has anyone been in this situation?

many thanks

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes, that's worrying. Hopefully someone more experienced has some wise words.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

Timeline

Hi I am in the exact same situation I wish I could help but I have no idea what to do as well, please keep my info if you find out let me know. Where in the UK are you?

Hi, I called the London embassy today and they did not have a clue; they referred me to the travel.gov website to call NVC? I will give it a shoot . Am in Leeds . When did you submit your readiness form? Let's keep each other updated yeah

Timeline

Hi there, so after many in replied emails, I finally received my appointment letter BUT the embassy did not pay the stamp and it has been retained at the post office 6 days. the appointment was yesterday and I missed it. I am DEVASTATED!!

Wow, that's awful. How much notice did they give you for the interview? I'm just wondering as I thought it was 4 weeks, so the 6 day delay at the PO, though frustrating, would still have given you some notice.

How are you contacting the embassy? My medical was on 3 June, I sent in my readiness of notification before that on 21 May, so working to the 6 week leadtime from that, my interview letter should reach me by 3 July.

Nothing yet and I'm going slowly insane.

Now that I've read your post I'm wondering if the embassy sent a batch of interview letters out without postage paid - but I don't remember there being a stamp on my first letter from them, think it was franked.

What steps are you taking now?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm horrified for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

Timeline

They apparently set the letter on the 22/6 and because of the lack of stamp, post office sent it to revenue and custom, then to me on 25/6 night; it arrived at my local office on Friday 26 (I was at work). I am absolutely shattered. On the website it clearly states that you will have at least 4 weeks notice, I had... None.

The letter tells you how to pay for the fee online and to contact them in writing to reschedule. I am going to email and mail them tomorrow and get someone to sort it out . Hopefully they will acknowledge their mistake and give me another date, hopefully next week fingers crossed. I sent my readiness on 19/05/2015 .

I'm shocked that you didn't get any interview notice.

Are you using the 'contact us' form on the US London site to get in touch? I use that and this email address: LondonInfoUnit@state.gov It's a bit hit and miss, but sometimes I get a reply within 3 days.

I really wish I could help.

I am very interested in how this works out, do keep us posted and best of luck. I sincerely hope the embassy put this right for you and fast.

Outcome

Timeline

That is the email address I used and it has a long mail trailer ahahaha... I have just emailed them to express my disappointment and request a new appointment ASAP.. I attached proof that I didn't have enough notice as well as pictures showing the lack of postal stamp. Hopefully I will get a response. I Will also toi ahead and regiter online and magne pay for visa fee... I Will jeep YouTube informed dear

Got my interview date!

Outcome

Thank you, that's very generous of you. I'm so excited, finding it hard to concentrate.

The letter is dated 30 June, it arrived today, 2 July and the interview date is 21 July. So about 2 weeks notice.

Outcome

Timeline

Thank you, that's very generous of you. I'm so excited, finding it hard to concentrate.

The letter is dated 30 June, it arrived today, 2 July and the interview date is 21 July. So about 2 weeks notice.

that is alright isn't it? at least you have a bit of time to prepare. Hope they put a stamp on it..ahaha

mine was dated 22/06 and interview was for 30/06....well...I cannot wait for a response from embassy I emailed them twice already and I will also send a letter by post for next day delivery

hopefully someone will get back to me and reschedule mine

all the best for yours

xx

That's one of the first things I checked, if the postage was paid and it was - franked, not a stamp.

I'm keeping everything crossed for you - good idea to send a letter recorded delivery. Perhaps if you included the dates you're free for interview they may be able to do that?

Looking forward to hearing some good news for you!

Outcome

Timeline

That's one of the first things I checked, if the postage was paid and it was - franked, not a stamp.

I'm keeping everything crossed for you - good idea to send a letter recorded delivery. Perhaps if you included the dates you're free for interview they may be able to do that?

Looking forward to hearing some good news for you!

AHAH I could not stop been upset yesterday so I can understand how you cannot concentrate anymore..ahah

great idea indeed for interview dates. Especially since I have officially finished work on the 30/06.. I really hope to get a good news soon as well; I will nip out on my lunch to post it

will keep you updated. xxx

• 2 weeks later...

Hey - just wondered how you're getting on MandrianSmith?

Outcome

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.