Mr. Big Dog

Charleston Shooting Leaves 9 Dead at AME Church, Gunman Remains at Large

261 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Isn't that code for 'completely unaware the south lost and unable to deal with reality?'..

“I never heard him say anything, but just he had that kind of Southern pride, I guess some would say. Strong conservative beliefs,” he said. “He made a lot of racist jokes, but you don’t really take them seriously like that. You don’t really think of it like that.”

Seems the profile that emerges is that of a southern boy with strong conservative beliefs that cracked a lot of racist jokes. And popped a lot of prescription drugs. Kind of like a Rush Limbaugh junior.

That community surely will own his actions. Upstanding guys that they are....

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm being 100% serious that I want the attitude towards this shooter to be the same as the attitude towards other people who commit the same type of crimes.

But that will never happen. It never has.

He won't be called a thug or a terrorist. He was just a mentally ill kid, like all the white kids who shoot up schools and churches and movie theaters.

If a young black kid walked into a church full of white people and opened fire a) someone else would have posted this story IMMEDIATELY and b) we'd be talking about the negative impacts in the black community right now, we'd be arguing about whether or not his father loved him enough or even knows who he is, whether or not his single mother provided him everything she should have, we'd be discussing whether or not he was still in school or smoked pot once.

Try and tell me that's not true. You've been around here long enough.

If I read a thread where a black person shoots a white person and someone calls on young blacks to be profiled they are being a POS racist.

If I read a thread where a white person shoots a black person and someone calls on young whites to be profiled they are being a POS racist.

Please spare me why it is different and OK because you do it.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Yup. But all that southern pride stuff is really harmless. Really.

i was at a highschool graduation earlier this month and there was a kid who refused to wear the matching cap to his gown. he had to wear his confederate hat for all the pictures. no one said anything that i know of, certainly not during the ceremony.

Isn't that code for 'completely unaware the south lost and unable to deal with reality?'..

“I never heard him say anything, but just he had that kind of Southern pride, I guess some would say. Strong conservative beliefs,” he said. “He made a lot of racist jokes, but you don’t really take them seriously like that. You don’t really think of it like that.”

the reason they don't 'really think of it like that' is because it's commonplace.

hmm, would you like to have a seat with me in the conspiracy corner?

FedEx him a tinfoil hat

I wonder when they'll call this kid a terrorist, which is what he actually is. I wonder when they'll start warning people about kids who look just like this.

Actually the correct label is hate crime. Terrorist is usally reserved for muslims.

When whites kill blacks the special label is hate crime

The last photo of him he was wearing a jacket with two badges he had sewn on: South Africa and the republic of Rhodesia (now known as Zimbabwe)

10 to 1 this was not racial motivated

I have to admit he does look like that theatre shooter

Hm, no, I meant exactly what I said.

He looks like every other white kid I've ever seen open fire on a bunch of people. He looks like Columbine, he looks like Aurora, he looks like Sandy Hook.

When can we start profiling them and demanding answers from their community? I'm just curious.

I bet they were proiling young white males like a mug after this shooting. Wanna bet

Actually the correct label is hate crime. Terrorist is usally reserved for muslims.

When whites kill blacks the special label is hate crime

Yes, because when black people kill white people, they don't get out in 5 years. Hate crimes tag on extra time for the perp. You can't add time on to a life sentence without parole. Someone here was actually arguing this...

10 to 1 this was not racial motivated

I have to admit he does look like that theatre shooter

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/18/us/charleston-south-carolina-shooting/index.html

Witnesses say the gunman stood up and said he was there "to shoot black people," a law enforcement official said. The shooter is also thought to have used a handgun, according to the official.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg