Bogota Rocks

Paying IV Fees by Mail - Is This Really My Only Option Right Now?

254 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

I'm on the same boat too. I got AOS bill on May 8th and about afte 3 weeks I was able to pay it online. A day before I gave up and decided to mail it. In short I ended up paying twice. Now I got my IV invoice on June 11th. Now I'm in the same dilemma If I should pay it by mail or wait for the system to be updated. But if I go with my last experience, it's better to wait as I don't want to pay it twice again. But I guess it takes near about 3 weeks.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yeah I was able to pay AOS fee online. :) If you can pay AOS fee online you should go ahead and do it and print 2 barcoded sheet and place each on top of your AOS and IV docs and mail in your docs right away. Dont wait to send them till you pay IV fee, you'll save some time. ?

Yes that's the plan.

Hello,

I'm on the same boat too. I got AOS bill on May 8th and about afte 3 weeks I was able to pay it online. A day before I gave up and decided to mail it. In short I ended up paying twice. Now I got my IV invoice on June 11th. Now I'm in the same dilemma If I should pay it by mail or wait for the system to be updated. But if I go with my last experience, it's better to wait as I don't want to pay it twice again. But I guess it takes near about 3 weeks.

Yes waiting is a bummer. I guess I'll just advice my cousin to wait. Thanks for the info.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Djibouti
Timeline

sent out my AOS . it was processed with in 48 hrs as well. got my IV invoice last week, and i just mailed it now. I'd make some progress at ANY rate than wait for damn system to work. so guys..... u gotta take a chance. I just dont wanna wait period

Ok so roughly 24 days (3weeks+). Thanks for the info. I hope it gets sorted out.

How about your AOS? Were you able to pay that online? Coz I'm worried how will they get the barcoded coversheet if they pay by mail.

Not certain, but it seems like the automated invoicing system is broken. The links maybe manually being enabled for those of us who received the IV invoice. Just a guess.

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

We got the IV invoice on Sunday, still not able too pay online. Money order was sent off on Monday morning. Yesterday, we could tell it had been delivered. Still no official receipt, but not able to access form we need.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I paid IV fee on 6/10/15 by mail.

Today I received the email saying to submit " DS-260 IV Application " on NVC web, so I assumed my IV fee had been processed thru.

Unfortunately I wont be able to click on IV application tab to complete the form,,,,it sucks.

USCIS

6/3/2014 - I-130 Sent   6/10/2014 - Received NOA1   7/10/2014 - Received NOA2    11/10/2014 - Called USCIS for status

12/10/2014 - Result back with case pending due to Security Check    1/10/2015 - Called USCIS for status

2/10/2015 - Result back with case pending adjudication further review

3/31/2015 - Case approved by USCIS and forwarded to NVC

NVC

4/10/215 - NVC assigned with receipt case #    4/28/2015 - Completed DS261 Choice of Agent online

5/4/2015 - Called NVC to complete review DS261 by phone  

6/4/2015 - Sent both AOS and IV packages to NVC    6/8/2015 - Received IV fee notice     6/9/2015 - Paid IV fee

6/24/2015 - Received checklist for missing Data Passport Page      6/28/2015 - Mailed in checklist request

7/6/2015 - Completed IV application (DS260) online

7/8/2015 - Received checklist for missing Data Passport Page again and DS260 because NVC lost the package

7/10/2015 - Mailed in checklist request again       8/10/2015 - Case completed on phone with NVC

8/17/2015 - Received email confirmation for case completed

EMBASSY

8/26/2016 - Scheduled interview      8/27/2015 - Received P4 letter thru email     9/14/2014 - Medical Exam Done

9/16/2015 - Interview date- Passed but waiting for Medical exam Results

9/24/2015 - Medical exam results sent to US Embassy

9/29/2015 - CEAC visa status show " Issued "     10/1/2015 - Visa in hand      10/12/2015 - POE Los Angeles, California

LIFTING CONDITION

7/13/2017 - Sent in ROC application      7/17/2017 - Received NOA

7/21/2017 - Received Appointment notice for Biometrics     8/7/2017   - Biometrics taken

3/5/2018   - Case moved to local office          9/18/2018 - Case tranferred to Nebraska Service Center 

12/19/2018 - Case approved, Card being produced         12/20/2018 - Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i waited almost a whole month until i was able to pay the fees, i think you should be more patient and it will be your turn. i checked everyday twice a day until i was able to log in. now the fees have been paid and the ds260 submitted, wifes civil docs gathered, and finishing my the aos process, wish me luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I received an IV fee invoice on June 10th to pay the fee for my wife's visa. I have already filled out the DS-261, paid the AOS fee and sent in the AOS and IV documents (which were scanned June 11th). It has been a week, and I am still not able to pay the IV fee in the CEAC portal.

So I called the NVC this morning, and they told me that due to the website issues the NVC has been experiencing recently, the NVC cannot guarantee that I will ever be able to pay the fee online. Ever? Forever ever? That's right, they cannot guarantee that I will ever be able to pay the IV fee online. He said to pay by physical mail, that's it's the only way the process will ever be able to move forward, guaranteed.

I thought this was a pretty drastic response. I have my doubts at this point that mailing my fee to that PO box in St. Louis will be smooth process. So many stars have to align until the cashier's check or money order becomes a PAID status in the CEAC portal. It feels almost as risky as waiting however many days it takes for the website to work again. I also am not sure that I will get the same answer from a different agent if I call back a different day. I am a little torn on what to do next.

Should I wait a little more time to see if the website lets me pay the IV fees, or send the fee by post ASAP? I have heard that even in the best of times, it might take the website up to 2 weeks after the invoice is received to let me pay the IV fee. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Hi! I was in the same situation with you for almost 1 month I couldn't pay the fee online. But then one day it worked about a week ago, although it still says 'some applicants are experiencing problems....' on the website. I guess NVC is too busy these days and this is their way to stop all the applications coming at once. If it is true, it's very mean but that's my only answer. How can a website can't be fixed more then a month?? Especially NVC, a website with such importance.

I would recommend wait a week more and then send it by mail. By mail you can't be sure how long it will take for them to receive it. It is a big gamble but at least you can continue your process. ://///

guys we paid by mail and as our status its took long time so wait for some days and pay by on line if your PD not far

PD 02/ OCT 2013

NVC

25/march 2015 Welcome letter received with bar-code letter
05/April 2015 DS 261 Completed
01/April 2015 AOS Fee Paid
10/May 2015 Received letter from NVC for approved my DS 261
18/May 2015 AOS and IV sent....

21 May 2015 Scan date .....received email form NVC on 29 of May

29/May 2015 Sent money order by mail for IV fee

04 june 2015 IV Fee Paid (email from NVC on 10 of June )

22 june 2015 received check list letter from NVC For not filling of ds260 !!!!

25 june 2015 scan date for AOS (check list )

26 june 2015 IV paid

29 july CC

interview by 24 sep email received by 31 of august

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Same here,

Ds261 reviewed : April 30, 2015

Received iv bill : May 6, 2015

Sent iv fee by mail : May 16, 2015

Money cashed : May 19, 2015

Iv fee available online : june 5, 2015

The iv fee status still " Not Paid " until now

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Same here. Received email that my DS261 approved with the IV Fee invoice but when I go online it says Pay Now but won't let me pay. I just called the NVC and they told me system problems and they don't know when it will be fixed. She said I can by mail, but not really sure if that's the way to go based on the comments here. It seems some are having luck but most are having problems when they pay by mail.

This whole process is ridiculous!! All companies experience system issues, but most fix them within hours. With the NVC it's months. Come on!! Anyway, I'm going to wait a few more days and make my decision then.

Laz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think I am going to wait about a month or so and see if the IV fee gets enabled in the portal first. A few people on this thread seem to have seen the IV fee enabled in the portal a month or so after the invoice email, while none of those who commented here who sent the payment by mail have seen the portal updated to reflect that they already paid the IV fee, even when the NVC acknowledged payment and the money was transferred. It seems like you wait a long time and there's a lot of uncertainty either way. I'll let you guys know what ends up happening in my case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I agree.. We got the IV invoice june 5th, and plan on waiting another week.. Hopefully it will be enabled soon.

USCIS

12/01/14: NOA1

04/16/15: NOA2

NVC

05/01/15: NVC received the case

05/13/15: Case number assigned and IIN

05/28/15: SCAN DATE, IV and AOS package

06/02/15: DS-261 available and completed

06/08/15: AOS bill available and paid

06/23/15: SECOND SCAN DATE (checklist for new i864 form)

07/05/15: IV bill available and paid

07/08/15: DS-260 Available and completed

07/17/15 Case Complete

EMBASSY STAGE

07/15/15: Medical examination

09/02/15: Interview (Changed from 09/23/15) approved (L)

09/10/15: Visa in hand

09/12/15: POE, Los Angeles

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.