Bogota Rocks

Paying IV Fees by Mail - Is This Really My Only Option Right Now?

254 posts in this topic

Same with me guys

I'm planning to pay again through on line what your advice ?!

PD 02/ OCT 2013

NVC

25/march 2015 Welcome letter received with bar-code letter
05/April 2015 DS 261 Completed
01/April 2015 AOS Fee Paid
10/May 2015 Received letter from NVC for approved my DS 261
18/May 2015 AOS and IV sent....

21 May 2015 Scan date .....received email form NVC on 29 of May

29/May 2015 Sent money order by mail for IV fee

04 june 2015 IV Fee Paid (email from NVC on 10 of June )

22 june 2015 received check list letter from NVC For not filling of ds260 !!!!

25 june 2015 scan date for AOS (check list )

26 june 2015 IV paid

29 july CC

interview by 24 sep email received by 31 of august

I think 4 or 5 or 6 I got option to pay online I'm not remember which day but now more than 2 weeks not paid on the system :(

Month of June *

PD 02/ OCT 2013

NVC

26 june 2015 IV paid

29 july CC

Filed: IR-5 Country: Thailand
Timeline

I wanted to call NVC again and ask about My IV status and DS 260

Andddd boyyyyyyy just got off the phone with some Spanish speaking lady (I could definitely tell from her accent) damn she was rude.. and I knewww she couldnt really help me with anything because of her attitude ... I even asked her if my AOS and IV documents had been reviewed, she anwered me right when I finished my question "Yep." I knew right then and there she said it just to get me off the phone. So I thought whatever Im not going to ask her anymore questions. I was like ok, thanks bye. she really just wasted my time. And this phone call took 50mins waiting for a rep.

THEN

I decided to call right after and it took me literally 5mins to wait and talk to another rep. lol (think i probably just broke the record calling NVC right there) Now I asked the rep the same question (if they had reviewed my aos and IV docs) He said they had accepted and I just have to wait 30days and he couldnt tell me if they had STARTED reviewing it... which was completly different from what that rude rep told me.

Sighs... NVC just keeps disappointing me ??

From the IV invoice it's alomost one month I got the invoice by 5 of May and for down of the system I paid by mail but the online option active on 5 of June

PD 02/ OCT 2013

NVC

26 june 2015 IV paid

29 july CC

You will get access to ds260 after one or 2 days I know one member he paid online and he got access to ds260 after few days good luck and update us when you can

When you sent money by mail ?!

PD 02/ OCT 2013

NVC

26 june 2015 IV paid

29 july CC

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My cousin is petitioning his wife (F2A category spouse of LPR). PD April 2014. They just received the AOS and IV fee invoices today. I'm trying to help them decide. Pay now thru mail or wait until it's available online?

We checked at CEAC and we got the "termination" message in red.

Timeline

My cousin is petitioning his wife (F2A category spouse of LPR). PD April 2014. They just received the AOS and IV fee invoices today. I'm trying to help them decide. Pay now thru mail or wait until it's available online?

We checked at CEAC and we got the "termination" message in red.

from my experience i think its worth to wait till the website is fixed. I got iv fee invoice last month and decided to mail it May 28 till today the iv status still hasnt changed to "paid" but it actually just opened up and let me pay online the other day.. having sent iv fee by mail, I cannot do anything at this point. Thought I saw Morgan did the same but he's willing to pay online now and requested the iv fee he mailed in refunded, I really wish to do the same... but I am petitioning both of my parents :/ 650 is a lot for me plus NVC rep wouldn't recommend me to do so either.

I would just wait if I were you.. but again its up to you.

Good luck.

Timeline

If we pay by mail, how long after do we get the barcoded coversheets for the AOS/IV packages?

Gosh, back in 2013 this was easy. :rofl:

Edited by apple21

Timeline

from my experience i think its worth to wait till the website is fixed. I got iv fee invoice last month and decided to mail it May 28 till today the iv status still hasnt changed to "paid" but it actually just opened up and let me pay online the other day.. having sent iv fee by mail, I cannot do anything at this point. Thought I saw Morgan did the same but he's willing to pay online now and requested the iv fee he mailed in refunded, I really wish to do the same... but I am petitioning both of my parents :/ 650 is a lot for me plus NVC rep wouldn't recommend me to do so either.

I would just wait if I were you.. but again its up to you.

Good luck.

So its like a month after invoice were you able to access paying online?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, i think im on the same boat with you guys, got my invoice for iv fee today and cant access it on payment portal, i called in today and said just mail it.. I dont wanna mail it since they i have read so many issues of paying it by mail and taking it too long.

Timeline

So its like a month after invoice were you able to access paying online?

May 23 - I got IV invoice

May 28 - I decided to mail it (overnight)

May 29 - nvc recieved (I checked online using USPS tracking tool)

Then I kept calling NVC to confirm IV fee status on their end. Finally I got through and they said It's "paid" on their system as of June 4th

And just a couple days ago it opened up for me to pay online but still hasnt changed to "paid" ???

Timeline

May 23 - I got IV invoice

May 28 - I decided to mail it (overnight)

May 29 - nvc recieved (I checked online using USPS tracking tool)

Then I kept calling NVC to confirm IV fee status on their end. Finally I got through and they said It's "paid" on their system as of June 4th

And just a couple days ago it opened up for me to pay online but still hasnt changed to "paid" ???

Ok so roughly 24 days (3weeks+). Thanks for the info. I hope it gets sorted out.

How about your AOS? Were you able to pay that online? Coz I'm worried how will they get the barcoded coversheet if they pay by mail.

Timeline

Ok so roughly 24 days (3weeks+). Thanks for the info. I hope it gets sorted out.

How about your AOS? Were you able to pay that online? Coz I'm worried how will they get the barcoded coversheet if they pay by mail.

yeah I was able to pay AOS fee online. :) If you can pay AOS fee online you should go ahead and do it and print 2 barcoded sheet and place each on top of your AOS and IV docs and mail in your docs right away. Dont wait to send them till you pay IV fee, you'll save some time. ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.