terri_blake

Exhausted but Hopeful

58 posts in this topic

TY Boiler!

Very good advice. My my sister did suggest this but right now I do think she is a little bit jealous because the girl wants to stay with me and not her. She's actually never even met this child before and so I think she's a little envious that she and the child are not as closes I am with her. Child's father aka a dirtbag Tony knows she's here and he's very happy. He told my fiance that he plans to come and visit her in the next 2 weeks. Maybe then he and my sister will come to some sort of resolution with their own situation which by the way is very sad. The lady that came to the airport with her passport is not her mother it is a very close relative. Those of you who are skeptical about this entire situation, please do me a favor and take a trip to Egypt and there you will understand. The people there are awesome!!! You will then begin to understand exactly why I fell in love with this man this country and this child.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

TY Boiler!

Very good advice. My my sister did suggest this but right now I do think she is a little bit jealous because the girl wants to stay with me and not her. She's actually never even met this child before and so I think she's a little envious that she and the child are not as closes I am with her. Child's father aka a dirtbag Tony knows she's here and he's very happy. He told my fiance that he plans to come and visit her in the next 2 weeks. Maybe then he and my sister will come to some sort of resolution with their own situation which by the way is very sad. The lady that came to the airport with her passport is not her mother it is a very close relative. Those of you who are skeptical about this entire situation, please do me a favor and take a trip to Egypt and there you will understand. The people there are awesome!!! You will then begin to understand exactly why I fell in love with this man this country and this child.

In fairness to everyone you just mentioned it was a little girl and gave a cryptic story. You left huge details and facts out that would have changed the response you received. Boiler was smart and figured it out though.

You have the most interesting issues on your journey and I respect the way you come back time and time again unfiltered.

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

In fairness to everyone you just mentioned it was a little girl and gave a cryptic story. You left huge details and facts out that would have changed the response you received. Boiler was smart and figured it out though.

You have the most interesting issues on your journey and I respect the way you come back time and time again unfiltered.

Some people apparently have enough time on their hands in order to connect all the dots from multiple threads.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

TY Boiler!

The big question, is your sister up for it, all depends on her.

Some people apparently have enough time on their hands in order to connect all the dots from multiple threads.

I participated in the previous thread, no dots.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

The big question, is your sister up for it, all depends on her.

I participated in the previous thread, no dots.

I followed them as the were live, it just never occured to me or came as a thought in my head.

I'm still interested in how the visa was obtained and am mildly mortfied that she was able to come all the way back home from Egypt with zero problems with a foreign child that she has no guardianship or legal binding to. I mean moot point right now and under no obligation to answer as that doesn't resolve anything she's asking.....just interesting to me.

Timeline

I followed them as the were live, it just never occured to me or came as a thought in my head.

I'm still interested in how the visa was obtained and am mildly mortfied that she was able to come all the way back home from Egypt with zero problems with a foreign child that she has no guardianship or legal binding to. I mean moot point right now and under no obligation to answer as that doesn't resolve anything she's asking.....just interesting to me.

I find that less surprising, seen lots of people travel with children and never asked.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

better make sure everything goes the way your Fiance and his family want, or else u may just be up for a report of obducting a child from Egypt into the US

AOS Date Filed : 2015-05-27

Got rejection notice on May 29, 2015 for an incomplete application

Receive rejected application on June 6, 2015

Resubmit June 8, 2015

Delivered June 9, 2015

NOA Date : 2015-06-16

Bio. Appt. : 2015-07-06

EAD and AP Approved Date : 2015-08-14

Date Combo Card Received : 2015-08-21 (Received my card about 6hrs apart on the same day they sent an e-mail that they shipped my card).

Receive Potential Interview Waiver Letter: September 9, 2015 sigh!!
AOS Approved without interview 2015-10-08 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :star: 3 MONTHS AND 22 DAYS AFTER NOA1 (F)
(L)In God I Put My Trust :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You are insane. What happens if this child gets sick or needs emergency room care. You are not the guardian. Take her to her father NOW !!! or have her father come and get her NOW!!!. You are opening yourself up to all kinds of trouble. She is not a dog or toy you can just keep because you like her. You should be having second thoughts about your fiance. How dare he put you in such a situation. Oh my Gawg!!!!!! Oh and good luck with this one.

Going to state one thing then step out. This topic is over my head. However, I will say this. What happens if she gets sick you ask? She will have a loving person to care for her. We do have doctors here. She is not an article of clothing or an item to return. She is a human being. With the gaurdians permission she has every right to be here. And I applaud her for taking her in. I am not sure of her plans. But if she stays, she will have many opportunities available to her here that were not available to here there. Sometimes we don't plan for great things to happen. They are thrust upon us and they just happen. I don't know the whole story... but if everything is legit... if its just black and white.. Im wishing you all the best of luck.

Yeah! I'm an optimistic person!! Lol

Edited by MouadsWife

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Timeline

I just spent some time reading your previous threads to get a little more information before I added my reply.

My first reaction to your original post was ... That child needs to go back to her home and I can't believe that you agreed to taking her with you!!!!

After reading everything, I am now thinking:

My gut is telling me if you somehow petition your "niece", once your fiance marries you and moves to the USA & gets his green card. he will leave, with that child and run off to be with his uncle ... who left your sister. And who knows, they can start bringing their family over slowly until everyone is in the USA. That's what my gut is telling me.

Nothing in your story gives me any good feelings... I read your other post about trusting your "gut" ... my husband and I were looking at buying a house earlier this month and even though the place was perfect, looked sooo nice, was such a good price, my gut was telling me to BACK AWAY. I trusted my gut! We cancelled the agreement and are looking elsewhere. I say this because... your gut can tell you things your heart will ignore!!!

Trust your gut!

And it's no surprise most of the comments have been heading warnings about the whole situation. It sucks, I know it, you love this man, you think he is your everything. He is related to his uncle, who did horrible things to your sister, but he isn't anything like him, he's different! .... well, maybe. But it really is going to suck when/if he marries you then walks out with a GC and leaves you alone and completely devastated. And perhaps financially responsible for him and now this child.

But anyway, this girl will have to go back home. If he really is the guardian for this child, he will HAVE to get documentation to support that. There is NO WAY this girl can stay with you or come with him unless there is some sort of consent for both the parents, or the legal guardianship is transferred. He should have mentioned this before you guys spent the money and applied for the K1 Visa. This is what makes me feel like this is a SCAM. And not a very well thought out one either because there is no way, NO WAY he wouldn't've mentioned anything! You fill out an entire part of the application about any children, obviously you two went through the application together? And what he just sat there and bit his tongue when you were going over that part? No, that doesn't sound right. This was either last minute (Hey, maybe you can bring my daughter with you and get her a free green card) ... or well, some other unpleasant things.

You need to really THINK. Something smells wrong!

Take care of yourself, look after yourself. You can't even back out of this situation now because you have a CHILD with you. How are you going to send her back? Do you have a ticket for her already? What are you possibly going to tell them at the airport when you try to buy her a tcket to send her home ... especially if her father really is in the USA?? They are going to call somebody because it doesn't take a lot to realize how FISHY this sounds.

I'm so sorry your in this situation. Sorry for the long post. I feel for you

The child would be sponsored by the Sister, her Step Mother.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The child would be sponsored by the Sister, her Step Mother.

That is if the sister is really the step mother. The sister didn't even know this child existed and this child is school age!

And even so, how are they going to allow that when ... 1. they haven't met, 2. the father is MIA and 3. the real mother is still alive and might possibly be the one who handed her over at the airport.

Anyway, this needs to be settled and the K1 will have to be filed all over again if they do go the route of the fiance being the 'father' ...

sigh..

Edited by Soapies

I-129F Process:

05/03/2014 I-129F Sent
05/09/2014 NOA1

05/12/2014 Alien Registration Number Changed

09/17/2014 NOA2 (OMG!!!!) 

09/23/2014 Case forwarded to NVC
10/01/2014 NVC Received

10/06/2014 NVC forwarded case to Montreal Consulate 

10/07/2014 Montreal Consulate Received

10/08/2014 Sent Packet 3

10/09/2014 Received Packet 4

10/22/2014 Medical Appointment

11/12/2014 Interview  APPROVED 

11/24/2014 Visa in Hand!!!!

12/28/2014 POE - Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls
01/12/2015 Applied for SSN

01/31/2015 The day I married my best friend 

AOS Process:

03/14/2015 Sent AOS Package

03/23/2015 Email confirmation, case accepted & routed to USCIS
04/15/2015 Biometrics taken
06/03/2015 75 days since receipt date on my EAD application, called USCIS for a service request  

06/09/2015 NOA2 for AP & EAD ^.^ (arrived in the mail on June 15th!!! finally!!!!)
06/17/2015 AP/EAD Combo card in hand!
06/22/2015 Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case
09/27/2015 AOS  APPROVED
10/03/2015 Received Green Card in the mail!!!

ROC Process:
06/26/2017 Sent ROC Package

06/30/2017 NOA / 1 year extension 
08/04/2017 Biometrics taken

04/09/2018 Case was received at my local office

Timeline

I will want to see how this turns out.

I see no way she can remain here, after Sept.

I suppose you will be getting a good immigration attorney.

Very interesting, keep us posted.

Timeline

That is if the sister is really the step mother. The sister didn't even know this child existed and this child is school age!

And even so, how are they going to allow that when ... 1. they haven't met, 2. the father is MIA and 3. the real mother is still alive and might possibly be the one who handed her over at the airport.

Anyway, this needs to be settled and the K1 will have to be filed all over again if they do go the route of the fiance being the 'father' ...

sigh..

Terri knew about the child and it being her Sisters Step Daughter before she went to Egypt. Nothing to do legally with her SO, he is looking after the child, not a Legal Guardian so no impact on the K1.

No need for step parent to meet a step child., Fathers location is known, California. I know the biological mother is somewhere else and that could be an issue.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.