EdenG

Possible Visa Services Interruption? Saw this on a few consulate pages

58 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Shauneg,

DS 160 was done 2 months ago. Interview was March.

Because of spending time with her sister in Japan, over 6 months, we had to have "police report" for her, which took two months.

Had a special 2GO envelope to send with her passport, and the police report, she was told she passed the interview, all she needed was the police report, and the officer went on to say, " we

should have your visa back to you in 5-7 days, because you have been approved."

But I guess we are "stuck" just like every body else..,.,, it is not a pleasant thing to be so close, and especially since they had her police report, since May 29th.

Your thoughts are appreciated, you are "level headed" and a good person, you give reliable information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi,

This is my first time posting so I hope I'm in the right place. Because of the visa issue my fiancee and I are worried. He had his interview on the 2nd and got approved. We just needed to send in one document to the consulate and all material was received on the 9th. Because he was approved before the problem and we were just waiting for it in the mail, do you think we won't get his visa for a while? He wanted to come to the US on the 23rd? We are kind of inbetween Approved and Sent.

Timeline

Shauneg,

DS 160 was done 2 months ago. Interview was March.

Because of spending time with her sister in Japan, over 6 months, we had to have "police report" for her, which took two months.

Had a special 2GO envelope to send with her passport, and the police report, she was told she passed the interview, all she needed was the police report, and the officer went on to say, " we

should have your visa back to you in 5-7 days, because you have been approved."

But I guess we are "stuck" just like every body else..,.,, it is not a pleasant thing to be so close, and especially since they had her police report, since May 29th.

Your thoughts are appreciated, you are "level headed" and a good person, you give reliable information.

Hi,

This is my first time posting so I hope I'm in the right place. Because of the visa issue my fiancee and I are worried. He had his interview on the 2nd and got approved. We just needed to send in one document to the consulate and all material was received on the 9th. Because he was approved before the problem and we were just waiting for it in the mail, do you think we won't get his visa for a while? He wanted to come to the US on the 23rd? We are kind of inbetween Approved and Sent.

Really sounds like in both cases though approved, the visas may not have been printed before the 9th. I guess the best case is to call and ask them if possible.

Timeline

Shauneg,

Do you have a number you can call from the US to the embassy in the Phils., I am sure I could find it, but I ask, because you may know it, or where to start looking.

Yeh, sounds like both of us are in the "same boat",.,., visas just did not get printed it seems.

Read some new stuff, this is supposed to be back "on-line next week sometime".,,.., we will see.

Timeline

Shauneg,

Do you have a number you can call from the US to the embassy in the Phils., I am sure I could find it, but I ask, because you may know it, or where to start looking.

Yeh, sounds like both of us are in the "same boat",.,., visas just did not get printed it seems.

Read some new stuff, this is supposed to be back "on-line next week sometime".,,.., we will see.

Never called but here's the number....

(703) 520-2235 - for calls from mainland United States.

Monday thru Friday 8am - 8pm Manila time.

***EDIT***

Just saw this.....

" NO TELEPHONE inquiries on an applicant’s case will be entertained. All case-specific inquiries must be in writing."

So I guess email them?.....

For general inquiries: support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com

To enable us to electronically sort the messages and provide better, more timely responses, please follow the instructions below.

• The subject line of your email should indicate the visa applicant’s last name, first and middle name (ex. DOE, John James), case number/USCIS receipt number, visa category and priority date.
  • Messages should be limited to 500 characters or less.
  • The mail size should not be more than 15 KB.
  • Do not submit documentation or attachments with your message as our system is unable to receive inquiries with attachments.
  • Do not send your inquiry more than once as duplicate inquiries will congest our system and delay our response time.

Before submitting your inquiry, please review our website where you will find answers to many of your questions regarding the immigrant visa process.

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I know last year's issue is a "completely separate issue" than what's going on now...but I was just wondering if anyone knows how long it took to "fix" whatever happened last year. I can't seem to find that info. Not that it means anything really. i was just wondering how long it "could possibly" take to clear up the issue thats going on now. this stinks! :ranting:

Matt & Mish

:) 12/25/13 "Met" online (Instagram)

(L) 5/29/14 Became a couple

:wub: 2/4/15 First meeting in person (I spent almost 3 weeks in Brazil!)

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

6/27/15 Case received & case number assigned

6/30/15 Case shipped to Embassy in Rio

EMBASSY:

7/6/15 Case received by Embassy

7/20/15 Received "packet 3" email

9/18/15 Medical exam

9/29/15 Interview-APPROVED!!!

(F)"Every love story is beautiful; but ours is my favorite" (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I am looking at the status tracker on CEAC and it says "Administrative Processing". My husband was told at the interview that he was approved but our I-864 was lost by the NVC that they only needed a signed copy replaced and then they would issue him the visa. When he returned with the paperwork, they said everything looked good but they are not able to issue the visa due to the technical problem. I am wondering if this Administrative Processing is on there because of some additional processing with the I-864 that was submitted or if it is just a status used to describe a sort of limbo inbetweeny state. Is anyone else with an approved case pending issue due to the technical problem seeing the same status? I am hoping I am just waiting for technical solution and not some additional processing for an I-864 that NVC failed to send.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw==

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Nepal
Marriage : 2013-07-16
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-12
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-15
I-130 Approved : 2015-02-02
NVC Received : 2015-02-17

NVC Case Number Assigned : 2015-02-27

Date of NVC Welcome Letter : 2015-03-02
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-03-10

Submit DS-261 : 2015-03-10
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-03-10
Send AOS/IV Package : 2015-04-08

AOS/IV Scan Date : 2015-04-09
Receive IV Bill : 2015-04-17
Pay IV Bill : 2015-04-17

Submit IV Application/DS-260 : 2015-04-28

Case Complete : 2015-05-04

Interview Letter Date : 2015-05-29

Receive Interview Letter : 2015-06-01

Interview : 2015-06-18

Approved : 2015-06-18

CEAC Visa Status Issued : 2015-06-29

CEAC Visa Status Ready For Pick Up : 2015-07-03

POE: 2015-07-04

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi,

We just had our interview at the Paris Consulate today, where they said that they, along with other consulates worldwide, are having technical problems and can't issue visas.

Has anyone else heard about this?

Best,

Melinda

Did they keep the passport ?

Was this technical issue for every one at the consulate or just your fiancé ?

It's actually a massive international story right now.

Read the link above.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread is now closed to further comment, in favor of referral to the master thread on the topic:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/552610-delay-in-delivery-of-approved-visas/

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.