rayman2333

Wanting to bring Stepson to America

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello everyone, I just wanted to get some helpful advice from the fellow Visa Journey Members.

My situation, I brought my wife here on K-1 Visa in 2009 , she is currently a permanent Green Card Holder now.

Her Son is 17 Years old now & has finished his Grade School & he wants to come study in the States & possibly live here.

Can I sponsor him, via I-130 , therefore he doesn't have to wait on a Visa Number.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

yes you can; as you married his mom before he turned 18, you cna petition for him and it'll take about a year to get a visa.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello everyone, I just wanted to get some helpful advice from the fellow Visa Journey Members.

My situation, I brought my wife here on K-1 Visa in 2009 , she is currently a permanent Green Card Holder now.

Her Son is 17 Years old now & has finished his Grade School & he wants to come study in the States & possibly live here.

Can I sponsor him, via I-130 , therefore he doesn't have to wait on a Visa Number.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

It would be a good idea to look into what will be required for him to be allowed to leave Thailand as far as the bio fathers permission or court order. I know its very early but these things can take time. We have seen cases where the bio father had no problem with this but we have also seen the other extremes too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

This is not always true...immigration lawyers have advised me to simply "don't bring it up" and very many of their clients have had no trouble getting their step sons/daughters approved...just so you know....

Edited by yenom34

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

This is not always true...immigration lawyers have advised me to simply "don't bring it up" and very many of their clients have had no trouble getting their step sons/daughters approved...just so you know....

Your lawyer knows nothing about procedures in Thailand & I would suspect anything they said after what you indicate they told you.

You want people to believe they can just be issued a immigration visa for a child without any problem with the bio parent as long as you " don't bring it up " ? LOL

Just so you know. But just so you know you need to demand a list of those people then call them & the embassy where you say this is done to ask. A lawyer with a lie on his lips is just waiting for people like you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.