lala64

Immunizations in Jamaica...Help Please!!

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi. For those in JAMAICA. I am trying to get my fiancé to start working on his immunizations. He lives in Negril. He went to one Dr who is trying to charge him 7500 JMD per shot he needs 9 of the 11 required. Can anyone please tell me where their fiancé went to have their vaccinations done and for what price. There is no way I can afford that. His son is current for a Jamaican child but needs a few to immigrate. that is like 600 USD just for shots and that is ridiculous. Please help If you can direct me to someone in Jamaica that is much cheaper that that or Andrews Hospital in Kingston. thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry I don't know of a clinic near your fiancé that would be cheaper. My fiancé only needed 2 so he just had them done at Andrew's.

Maybe he could keep checking with clinics around the area. It's difficult to get them to want to help and/or not over charge. My fiancé has since gotten his tetanus updated and got a clinic to do it for free but it took 2 days of insisting with them.

Very frustrating I know.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Most clinic in Jamaica does free vaccination but its a whole days process. Just let him go to his area clinic. Andrews will do it but your looking at $3000Ja for each

Tasha

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He doesnt need 9 shots, at the most 4. Flu shot and pneumonia shot are not needed as it is the summer months. Mmr, tetanus dp, chicken pox, and another one.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Does your fiance have a immunization record if he has a record he can just go with that to medical he might not require all the shots depending on age my brother went thursday and he did not have much on his record and they only gave him 2 shots the doctor will determine on how much he is to get and his son got three which him $5000 for all 3 and my son got one and it cost me $1200 for his own

Filed: Timeline

Check local health centre ...use to be they have special days to give shots

depending on the area its not necessarily an all day thing, some clinics use

to charge a small fee for the ????? (The shot for if you get a cut) phew 4get

the name , but the others are free....The flu shot is not in the local clinic

Timeline

Does your fiance have a immunization record if he has a record he can just go with that to medical he might not require all the shots depending on age my brother went thursday and he did not have much on his record and they only gave him 2 shots the doctor will determine on how much he is to get and his son got three which him $5000 for all 3 and my son got one and it cost me $1200 for his own

He hardly has any on his record. 1 shot then they gave him HepB vac today for free but said they can not give him the others and directed him to the rip off place. Actually if Andrews is cheaper then at 30 dollar that is better than 75. will he get all of them the same day?

Timeline

Sorry I don't know of a clinic near your fiancé that would be cheaper. My fiancé only needed 2 so he just had them done at Andrew's.

Maybe he could keep checking with clinics around the area. It's difficult to get them to want to help and/or not over charge. My fiancé has since gotten his tetanus updated and got a clinic to do it for free but it took 2 days of insisting with them.

Very frustrating I know.

How much did his medical cost total with the 2 shots please? I have to know how much to send for him and his son.

Timeline

Check local health centre ...use to be they have special days to give shots

depending on the area its not necessarily an all day thing, some clinics use

to charge a small fee for the ????? (The shot for if you get a cut) phew 4get

the name , but the others are free....The flu shot is not in the local clinic

Tetanus :) I think that is where he went and he took the list of immunizations he needs and they said they don't do adults but child is free and he is current on his child shots for Jamaica. My fiancé only has record of 1 shot as an infant and today they give him the Hep B for free

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

How much did his medical cost total with the 2 shots please? I have to know how much to send for him and his son.

I do not remember the exact price. I would call Andrew's and ask the fees. They will tell you what the costs are. It's been over 6mos since my fiancé had his medical.

Timeline

If he goes to the nearest health center and talk to then they will give him for around $2000 i went to the Linstead Health Center and paid $5000 for me and my daughter she got 3 and i got 2 plus polio drops

Timeline

He hardly has any on his record. 1 shot then they gave him HepB vac today for free but said they can not give him the others and directed him to the rip off place. Actually if Andrews is cheaper then at 30 dollar that is better than 75. will he get all of them the same day?

Timeline

Yes he will get all the same day the medical cost $15240 and he has to bring another $15000 just for vaccine he might not use all but they suggest u bring that amount when you call for appointment

Yes he will get all the same day the medical cost $15240 and he has to bring another $15000 just for vaccine he might not use all but they suggest u bring that amount when you call for appointment

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.