smferguson16

Very complicated situation

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I guess a little good news (In the sense of this case) is the police report I obtained says they came for battery.

He cheated on me several times throughout along with all the abuse. I only stayed because I was pregnant and scared for myself and my baby. I have a master's in psych ffs, I should have known. I wish I could go back, but now I have to focus on what I can do to make sure he doesn't try to take my child away.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

One "needling" post has been removed. The OP is already acutely aware of the value of hindsight.

VJ Moderation

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I guess a little good news (In the sense of this case) is the police report I obtained says they came for battery.

He cheated on me several times throughout along with all the abuse. I only stayed because I was pregnant and scared for myself and my baby. I have a master's in psych ffs, I should have known. I wish I could go back, but now I have to focus on what I can do to make sure he doesn't try to take my child away.

At least you have the police report so now you can start working with that.

Stay strong my sister. I believe that kharma will come back to kick him in the rear.

I know it is going to be a challenge but try to look forward instead of back. It takes a lot of courage to leave someone who is both physically and emotionally abusive. What you did by cutting him out of your life was extremely courageous and brave. You did what was best for you and your child. Life can only get better now that he out of your house.

You are going in a new direction and eventually this whole process with him will be over. The only ties that you will have with him will be your child and I doubt that any court is going to give any sort of custody to an abusive, lying, manipulative person like him.

Here's to a better day.

Hugs

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Filed: Timeline

Thank you all for your support and advice, I have an info pass appointment on Thursday and completed the attestation letter and gathered the documents I could in a short time frame. I included that I could provide them with affidavits, conversational evidence of his intent to live permanently in his country, and also from his family admitting the abuse and his instability.

I also have been reading and I read that if he does not file income tax for state or federal that is also an abandonment of the residency? Is that true? Is that something they will check on or should I mention that as well?

Update on the custody front: He is still not agreeing to supervised visits and is trying to get custody of my son. He actually even ran into my brother and told him 'this custody thing is going to get expensive.' My lawyer is working on getting a court date set up. I haven't even been sleeping due to the anxiety this is causing. Has anyone ever asked to meet with the FDNS officer? Will they grant me this during the appointment?

Thank you all again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Sorry to hear that you were blown off, but at least you have the small consolation of closure.

If you'd like for this thread to be closed (= entirely up to you), hit the "report" button and so request.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The guy I spoke with didn't care. Said there's nothing that would stop him from getting it except multiple convictions and that I screwed up, didn't even keep my material I brought. Just wanted to let you know the outcome. Thanks for all the help.

That seems to be the common response, at least you tried.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.