smferguson16

Very complicated situation

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've not read any of the responses here, but here's my 3 nickles worth.

you can write up letters of attestation about this abuse, showing copies of the records you mention,

and get into the local USCIS office via an infopass appointment.

See https://infopass.uscis.gov - and no, it doesn't matter what the reason is from that web site, just get the next available appointment.

Once you are inside, and talking with a human, ask to speak to the floor supervisor.

Once you have the floor supervisor, ask to speak with the FDNS officer. Be prepared to wait.

Once you are in front of the FDNS officer, tell the FDNS officer that you wish to open up a casefile concerning fraud and abuse. Show the officer the stuff you have. If the officer thinks your stuff merits further investigation, an investigation will be performed. If the facts revealed during the investigation are sufficient, then the results of the investigation along with a tag of 'hold for deportation' will be added to his A-File.

So, when/if he passes through another immigration control point, or shows up for an interview with USCIS - he will be passed over to ICE, detained, and deported [if'n that tag exists]

It's a long slog. You can't expect immediate results. IF he's been arrested as a result of the police reports, that's a plus...

I am so sorry that you are going thru this. I would be filing a restraining order against him right away. Don't let him bully you anymore with his threats and abuse.

Listen to Darnell. He knows what he is talking about. Contact USCIS. You don't want to financially support this guy just in case he files for any sort of welfare benefits while he is in the US.

Good luck

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Filed: Timeline

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I did file for divorce. In January. But he hasn't been cooperative and he's been abroad. I was going to sign The custody agreement today but this agreement was made last week as he lied about only being here until next Monday. He told me yesterday he won't be leaving and won't be signing an agreement if visits are supervised. Which they are. Therefore, now it's all a mess again. I should have done more with convicting him, but when you're in an abusive relationship and you fear for your life, it's scary. He used to threaten me with knives. His immigration process does have to do with me as I am his sponsor and will have to continue to be until he's a citizen. He's a dangerous person and unstable, which is my concern for him being able to gain access through me and a marriage even after so long. I just wanted to provide information to be considered. Does it matter which field office I go to? We interviewed in one and now I live closer to another? Can I go to the closer one?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

no - it doesn't matter which field office you go to,

as

ultimately,

the FDNS officer gets stuff added into the A-File (If warranted)

and

it's the A-File that's pulled and reviewed for any status change (RoC, Citizenship, etc)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No problem

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I've not read any of the responses here, but here's my 3 nickles worth.

you can write up letters of attestation about this abuse, showing copies of the records you mention,

and get into the local USCIS office via an infopass appointment.

See https://infopass.uscis.gov - and no, it doesn't matter what the reason is from that web site, just get the next available appointment.

Once you are inside, and talking with a human, ask to speak to the floor supervisor.

Once you have the floor supervisor, ask to speak with the FDNS officer. Be prepared to wait.

Once you are in front of the FDNS officer, tell the FDNS officer that you wish to open up a casefile concerning fraud and abuse. Show the officer the stuff you have. If the officer thinks your stuff merits further investigation, an investigation will be performed. If the facts revealed during the investigation are sufficient, then the results of the investigation along with a tag of 'hold for deportation' will be added to his A-File.

So, when/if he passes through another immigration control point, or shows up for an interview with USCIS - he will be passed over to ICE, detained, and deported [if'n that tag exists]

It's a long slog. You can't expect immediate results. IF he's been arrested as a result of the police reports, that's a plus...

Sorry Darnell, one more thing.

Is there somewhere with a good sample letter of attestation so I have an idea of how to structure it?

Also, I'm sure it probably would not help, but my sister witnessed some of the physical abuse and my mother also witnessed the incident with the broken nose with my child present...would it make any difference if they wrote attestations? I figured it wouldn't as they would just think they are biased, but just wanted to see your thoughts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Police have not seemingly been involved.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I live three hours away from the records. I also work over 40 hours a week, I've spent the day obtaining the records from the doctors and also getting the report from the police/victim advocate, therapist, also dealing with the lawyers. I want to make sure I have all of this information on me before I go in. I haven't obtained it before as he was in a different country living a new life. I didn't expect him to return. The police were involved and it was reported but no charges were filed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sorry Darnell, one more thing.

Is there somewhere with a good sample letter of attestation so I have an idea of how to structure it?

Also, I'm sure it probably would not help, but my sister witnessed some of the physical abuse and my mother also witnessed the incident with the broken nose with my child present...would it make any difference if they wrote attestations? I figured it wouldn't as they would just think they are biased, but just wanted to see your thoughts.

I don't have a sample of this, at least not on this computer - so I'm working from memory.

<<Name>>

<<Address>>

<<City, State, Zip>>

FDNS Officer, USCIS

<<USCIS Local Office City, State>>

<<Date>>

Ref: Letter of Attestation on and for:

...........1. <<Green Card Holder Name>>, <<Alien Registration Number>>, DOB <<His DOB>>

...........2. Removal of Conditions for Permanent Resident Green Card for 1

...........3. Divorce Filed and Multiple Abuse Instances on and for 1

Dear Sirs,

I am writing a letter of attestation about the prior abuses and current marital status on the Alien referenced herein. My name is <<Your Name>>, my date of birth is <<your DOB>>, my SSN is <<your SSN>>, I reside at <<your address, your city, your state, zip>>.

[What follows is some scant but specific things from me, I suggest you flesh out each paragraph to include dates, occurrences, names of the Police District, Medical Facilities, etc. and et.al.]

Over the <<insert duration here, ie, prior 13 months>>, I have been the victim of physical abuse by <<Alien Name>> (Please see attachment #1). I have had to receive medical attention to set my broken <<body parts list>> from <<Name of Medical Facility>> (Please see attachment #2).

I have also been the victim of sexual abuse by <<Alien Name>>. (Please see attachment #3).

I did ask him to leave about a year ago, and he moved in with his girlfriend, <<insert girlfriend name here>>. The two of them returned to his home country, lived as a couple there, and have recently returned to the U.S.A. in some hope to file a new case for Removal of Conditions.

I have filed for divorce on <<insert date here>>, but he has been recalcitrant to continue forward with the mediation process and refuses to attend the court-ordered mediation meetings. (Please see attachment #4)

It is my understanding that he is seeking to apply for Removal of Conditions soon, 2 months after his Conditional Residency Status expired. I ask that you deny his case based on 1) physical abuse, 2) sexual abuse, 3) adultery, 4) abandonment of the marriage, and 5) Pending Divorce.

Respectfully Submitted,

<<Your Signature>>

<<Your Printed name>>

-=-=-=-=-=-

legend:

[...] comments from me

<<..>> data you must insert.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.