teddy k

Judgement filed in philippines

20 posts in this topic

Hi everybody good day to all, I was just curious if someone has a judgement filed against them for not paying off a huge debt that the person signed for will that go against them when they have their embassy interview cuz i know someone that is going through it right now and they ask me and i told them that i would find out, so thanks for sharing your thoughts,

Filed: Timeline

Hi everybody good day to all, I was just curious if someone has a judgement filed against them for not paying off a huge debt that the person signed for will that go against them when they have their embassy interview cuz i know someone that is going through it right now and they ask me and i told them that i would find out, so thanks for sharing your thoughts,

Debts have no effect

Hi everybody good day to all, I was just curious if someone has a judgment filed against them for not paying off a huge debt that the person signed for will that go against them when they have their embassy interview cuz i know someone that is going through it right now and they ask me and i told them that i would find out, so thanks for sharing your thoughts,

If a case has been filed against them in court and the outcome is still pending or not satisfied then the debt will effect their case. But, if they have a clean NBI then there is nothing to worry about as the PI and US CO's are only concerned with what is in the NBI record. Clean, no problems.

If their NBI record shows NO CRIMINAL RECORD and/or NO CASE PENDING appears on their NBI this means they are in the NBI's database for a possible past offense or for someone else who has a similar name. Those phrases require further investigation on the applicants part.

Have your friend go and get their NBI that will tell them if they are clean in relations to either this debt or anything else that may prevent them passing the interview.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Never heard of anyone having issue with a judgement.

I would think a judgement is more of a civil case versus a criminal case

I have filed judgement against people in USA and never seen it show up as criminal.....

If a case has been filed against them in court and the outcome is still pending or not satisfied then the debt will effect their case. But, if they have a clean NBI then there is nothing to worry about as the PI and US CO's are only concerned with what is in the NBI record. Clean, no problems.

If their NBI record shows NO CRIMINAL RECORD and/or NO CASE PENDING appears on their NBI this means they are in the NBI's database for a possible past offense or for someone else who has a similar name. Those phrases require further investigation on the applicants part.

Have your friend go and get their NBI that will tell them if they are clean in relations to either this debt or anything else that may prevent them passing the interview.

He is asking about judgment for a civil case not criminal.

He is asking about judgment for a civil case not criminal.

:no: Wrong!

I doesn't matter which that it is civil or criminal we don't know how the case was filed. You can have a debt that you paid with bad NSF checks and the person to whom you wrote those checks to, has filed a case and that case will show up on an NBI. I know.... I went through this. I have experience.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

:no: Wrong!

I doesn't matter which that it is civil or criminal we don't know how the case was filed. You can have a debt that you paid with bad NSF checks and the person to whom you wrote those checks to, has filed a case and that case will show up on an NBI. I know.... I went through this. I have experience.

Your fiance was asked about unpaid debts of yours in an interview?

1. That person needs to get their NBI report.

2. If it was an estafa case, it's likely that a hold-departure order was issued.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I do not see how owing someone money is a criminal offense, civil, no doubt, if the person owed money has the proper documentation.

I just do not see a problem with NBI.

I do not see how owing someone money is a criminal offense, civil, no doubt, if the person owed money has the proper documentation.

I just do not see a problem with NB

You don't see a problem with NBI because you have never heard nor have you ever experienced any situations that can cause your case/judgment to show on an NBI. You are right, if you have the proper documentation that shows that the judgment has been satisfied, all you may have to do is update your NBI and present it to USEM because now it's clean. Not having any experience does not constitute that it isn't true. I'm just saying.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Your fiance was asked about unpaid debts of yours in an interview?

No, she was not asked directly to explain but she did receive a 221(g) to produce a new NBI. She had all her court papers as everything was settled legally 10 years ago from her business, but NBI had not been updated. She went to her local NBI office near where she lived 4 months prior to clear her record and was told her NBI would be updated prior to the interview. Wrong! This is the Philippines and nothing gets done in the way it was told to you. Once she produced the documentation to the Manila office of the NBI, it was updated and her file was clean. We forward the new NBI, per USEM instructions contained in the letter, Two weeks later her visa was issued.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

No, she was not asked directly to explain but she did receive a 221(g) to produce a new NBI. She had all her court papers as everything was settled legally 10 years ago from her business, but NBI had not been updated. She went to her local NBI office near where she lived 4 months prior to clear her record and was told her NBI would be updated prior to the interview. Wrong! This is the Philippines and nothing gets done in the way it was told to you. Once she produced the documentation to the Manila office of the NBI, it was updated and her file was clean. We forward the new NBI, per USEM instructions contained in the letter, Two weeks later her visa was issued.

I read the thread wrong. The judgement was in the Phillipines not the US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.