Socialwork4god

Waiting on my I-129F

69 posts in this topic

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks team MicVic.

and Marriedguy....We actually have never met in person yet. We are both graduate students and unable to afford the airfare several times. Plus, on top of that Nigeria has been very unsafe for American's...especially ChristianI am

I am taking it from you mentioning Christian hardship that he is from Northern Nigeria. The hardship may work if Kano or something.... Good luck. My fiance is from Edo State. I went through the same thing with everyone saying he is a scammer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am taking it from you mentioning Christian hardship that he is from Northern Nigeria. The hardship may work if Kano or something.... Good luck. My fiance is from Edo State. I went through the same thing with everyone saying he is a scammer.

'His' hardship is not the point. 'She' is the one petitioning the k1 visa... she is the one who is supposed to visit him. He will not be able to get a tourist visa being from a high fraud country. She needs to prove the hardship on her side, in which there is none to prove. Finances and college is not a hardship. And btw... 'everyone' on here is not saying he is a scammer. I advise you to go back a reread the posts... take notes if you need to.

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Doesn't mean we should all just jump to the conclusion that he is a scammer. Please people! Post nicely and on topic or I'm reporting the thread.

Report away. If you have been on VJ long enough you will understand why alarm bells are ringing loudly in this instance.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

'His' hardship is not the point. 'She' is the one petitioning the k1 visa... she is the one who is supposed to visit him. He will not be able to get a tourist visa being from a high fraud country. She needs to prove the hardship on her side, in which there is none to prove. Finances and college is not a hardship. And btw... 'everyone' on here is not saying he is a scammer. I advise you to go back a reread the posts... take notes if you need to.

I love how some people on this forum are so quick to assert what they "know" or misread.

Visiting the North in Nigeris is dangerous for HER as a Christian, that is why I asked did he live in the North. The North is where Boko Haram is actively pledging allegiance to ISIS/ISIL. You reread what I wrote. I said everyone NOT everyone on this forum. By everyone, I mean everyone around me that I care about. It is called identifying with what the person is going through versus people hiding behind a computer screen just being miserable.

But anyway, to the OP, it will be very difficult for him to come to any western country. There are only a few countries in the western hemishere who will grant him a visa: Jamaica, Haiti, and Oceania. Or you can meeting him in an ECOWAS country. I met my guy in Ghana. I am going back soon to Edo state which is in the south but I am not thrilled about having to land in Lagos at all.

British Airways has a flight layaway program. American Airlines also has where you can purchase several gift certificates until you "save" enough for a ticket. I don't know if American flies to Nigeria though. Good luck...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiancee and I spent 8 months together here in Aus. She then went back to USA to finish her studies.

We then filed the I-129F in October 14. I have visited her 3 times since then.

At my interview, I had all the documentation required: photos, boarding passes, letters, cards, travel itineraries, hotel bookings when we traveled in the USA together etc. Australia isn't anywhere near a high-fraud country, but having read reviews of some K-1 interviews here, I knew to come very prepared with all proof.

I think you're going to have next to no chance on getting approved due to the visitation requirement. I'd wait it out until you're both able to visit.

Edited by tayurshu

Filed I-129F: 3 November 2014 (CSC)

NOA 1: 20 November 2014

NOA 2: 2 February 2015

Consulate Notification: 8 April 2015

Consular Interview: 19 May 2015
Medical: 20 May 2015
Administrative Processing: 20 May - ???

GLOBAL VISA SHUTDOWN: 9 June 2015
Advised approved for issuance: 24 June 2015
Requested re-validated I-129F (expired during shutdown): 24 June 2015
Advised I-129F revalidation received: 30 June 2015
Administrative Processing: 30 June 2015

Visa Issued: 13 JULY 2015
USA POE: 24 OCT 2015

Timeline

I didn't misread anything... "you said you went through the same thing with everyone saying he was a scammer"... hense identifying with her circumstance of people saying her fiancee was a scammer. Key words being 'went through same thing'... nope.. don't believe I missed anything at all.

Everyone on this thread has only tried to give her sound advice. She has never met this man before. Over cam he can be anything she wants him to be. He can be anything he wants to be. Its just plain unwise thinking to try to bring someone, a stranger, into your home that you've never met before. And talking over skype doesn't qualify as meeting.

"you said you went through the same thing with everyone saying he was a scammer".

enough said...... lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Welcome to VJ.

What you are seeking, is pretty much a waste of time, Nigeria, and never met face to face,..,.,I just do not think it can happen. Not for finical hardship. from a country like Nigeria.

It seems most of the members here agree.,.,but Feb. was almost 5 months ago, so you will, most likely be denied, then you need to decide how to proceed, but a "face to face" meeting, and spending time together, is a must, in my opinion.

Keep us informed, your application is very intriguing..,,can only wish you luck, but, "start working on plan 'B', you will need it, I think."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I think everyone made their point and OP most likely has to retreat for some time to think and re group as she may be very saddened by our advice to

come up with a better plan. Reality can be tough and hard to hear when all you want is to be with the one you feel you love.

I think she will eventually understand the advice given and act accordingly, I just think she needs a little time to process this. Remain kind !

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Welcome to the board Socialwork4god. The responses to your topic are par for the course. Supposed to be supportive and for the most part it is, but as you can see, there are many people who are anything but. Good luck on your journey. Everything will work itself out. Don't let the naysayers get you down.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

OP, I would like to welcome you! My fiance is from Nigeria and I'm also Christian and a Social Worker :), YAY us!

As most others have said, you do have to have a face-to face meeting. And although it is suggested, you don't HAVE to visit more than once if you aren't able- there are people that have been approved on one visit. I'll always suggest meeting as much as possible though.

I went to Lagos in October after meeting him online in April of last year and everything was fine. I actually can't wait to go back- it was a very interesting culture difference! I was safe and my fiance made sure he was always with me just in case anyone might have tried to take advantage of me because it was quite obvious that I wasn't from there.

Also as others have said, without property, a job, and other strong ties to Nigeria, it is not likely that he will have a visitor's visa granted, especially if they can look up your petition in the system.

Nigeria is a high fraud country but it's definitely not the only one and usually when people get denied, it's because they don't have enough evidence or they didn't follow the rules of filing.

Good luck, if you have any questions, feel free to throw them my way!

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Timeline

But why do the responses have to be in a negative tone? I agree honesty is important but it could be presented in a more positive way. That's just my opinion.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Welcome to the board Socialwork4god. The responses to your topic are par for the course. Supposed to be supportive and for the most part it is, but as you can see, there are many people who are anything but. Good luck on your journey. Everything will work itself out. Don't let the naysayers get you down.

And you expect all of us to be supportive and say yeahhh... marry someone you've never met! Just let any Tom, #######, or Harry in your home because they appear to be nice or of no threat and who you think they are and while your at it marry them... you want us to say 'go ahead, thats smart thinking?' And because we can't do that we're a bunch of neighsayers? Well our heads aren't up our and in the clouds. We've given pretty good advice based on all of our experiences. Your advice could be heading her down a hard road. Don't just say things because you want to be on the popular road. Sometimes saying the truth isn't fun to anyone. But it could help save the other person alot of heartache. We are not telling her not to do it. Just telling her to ATLEAST do it the right and safe way.

But why do the responses have to be in a negative tone? I agree honesty is important but it could be presented in a more positive way. That's just my opinion.

Tone is in the way the person is reading the thread. You can either read the message in a positive view or negative view. The tone is all up to the reader. Edited by MouadsWife

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]