raven52

""The China Hack Job"" just how bad is it?

102 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

From what I understand from the news feeds and our VJ counterparts is the process up until the issuance of the Visa is still on going. Interviews etc.. So I would hope that the other administrative processing would continue and then be halted at the visa print point until it is resolved. But they are still conducting interviews etc.. I have a couple I know going for interview Friday. I am anxious to see what they say to them

From what I understand from the news feeds and our VJ counterparts is the process up until the issuance of the Visa is still on going. Interviews etc.. So I would hope that the other administrative processing would continue and then be halted at the visa print point until it is resolved. But they are still conducting interviews etc.. I have a couple I know going for interview Friday. I am anxious to see what they say to them

People with interviews this week are being told the same thing, so don't expect that couple to tell you different. My fiancé already called (his interview is tomorrow), and the embassy told them the exact same. They can't tell us anything because DOS hasn't given us a timeline or anything like that. They just say they're working to fix it 'ASAP'.

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You didn't keep specific dates? Lol. Like.. Your noa1 &noa2 are really the important ones pre-interview. Then you deleted the emails, threw out NVC letters, etc? At least estimates would be helpful. Essentially you posting about your timeline is confusing because no one knows your timeline! :)

Besides that, it looks like it's the clearances & visa printing post-interview that's the issue here.

I know you may think that estimates might be helpful in this case, but I work with data in my career and I know that once people start "estimating" specific things it can starkly skew a dataset making my job just all the harder. While we aren't dealing with something quite as specific here, as a matter of my own personal preference I do not wish to skew data just for the sake of having a complete time line. Once I received these dates I just made mental note of them and went from there.

I understand what you are saying though, I am quite sure if I went back and pulled out all of the letters, emails, etc. I could piece together the time line, but at this juncture I really do not see much point when I make note of pertinent dates in my posts here.

If it is one thing I am coming to learn just by looking at other time lines from people who also interviewed in Montreal for a K1, they are nothing alike mine.

I gathered from what was being posted here it looks as though it will be business as normal up to the interview for most people. I was however reading that biometric information was unable to be processed? If true, would this not mean the digital fingerprints given at your interview (at least in my case they were) won't be processed until this issue is resolved?

ROC - July 2017 CSC Filer (I-751 July 2017 Filers Spreadsheet)

• 7/15/2017: I-751 Sent
  • 7/17/2017: I-751 Received
  • 7/18/2017: NOA1 Date
  • 7/20/2017: Cheque Cashed
  • 7/21/2017: NOA1 Received
  • 7/29/2017: Biometrics Received
  • 8/10/2017: Biometics Appointment Completed
  • 2/26/2018: Case Received at Local Office
  • 11/27/2018: I-751 Case Approved - New Card Being Produced
  • 12/04/2018: Card received via USPS. ROC process now complete!

July 2017 ROC Filers Posting Template:

Service Center: CSC/VSC
First 5 Digits from WAC/EAC Receipt #: E.g. WAC17290
NOA1 Date: E.g. July 15, 2017
Filed N-400?: Yes/No
Case Transferred?: Yes/No

If yes, provide to what service center? On what date?: Yes/No; Transferred to NSC (Nebraska Service Center) on August 18, 2018

Approved?: Yes/No

If yes, what was the date of your approval?: October 1, 2018

If yes, did you have a RFE (Request for Evidence)? On what date?: Yes/No; September 1, 2018

If yes, did you have an interview? On what date?: Yes/No; September 30, 2018

Any other information: E.g. Received my 18-month extension letter on XX; Issues cashing our check originally, etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Marine 1

Again, God Bless You, and thank you for your service.

Your opinion of this govt., is the same as mine. It has fallen to a level to where it will take many years to repair what has happened. I am trying to be as "non-specific" as I can but YOU,

know what I mean and "IT starts at the top and the hill, and runs down hill. You know the old saying, Sh-- rolls downhill. This all starts at the top. The person who made the appointments

of each department, from the Cabinet to the person over Department of Homeland Security, who appoints the head of USCIS, I would imagine.

I am sure the "top" of govt., has heard our plea's for a major overhaul, of the Immigration System, but nothing has changed. I do know that around May 19, the "top" of the Administration,

said on national news cast, that "fiance and spousal visas held no bearing with this administration, until all """ILLEGAL""" Aliens can be processed at 2 to 4 K a day! So that makes tax paying citizens feel real good. This, actually happened, it had over 5000 views and 125 replies, or more. What bothered me was so many people, defended, what was going on! Can you believe that?

Hopefully, we can get by the next year or so, and somebody, anybody, will come into power that "cares" be it liberal, conservative, or what ever. Just give us some body that cares about the American people. And will listen to the tax paying American people.

Do not know your status, but hope you are out of harms way! Again, thank you for what you do!

I had my interview today. The CO told me thery r having issues with their system. They need to get my background checked in order to see if im a "really bad person" (thats exactly what he said) and also that they r unable to print visas.

he said he Approved my visa, congratulated me and even explain me thay they will give me a package i wont open it and i have to give it at POE. But they still news to check my background and they need their system fixed to do so.

they sayd they will Send me an email within a week telling me when to pick up my passport (tthey kept it), and in case they have any problem with my background they will give me a call.

so, at the end, they left me with a bittersweet feeling.

I hope im not under AP for other reasons than this 'hack' issue. And i hope it is fixed soon.

K1

02-02-2015 Package Sent by Express Mail

06-15-2015 Interview: APPROVED :dancing:

07-01-2015 Visa in Hand

09-06-2015 POE

10-09-2015 Wedding (L):wub:

----------------------------------------------------------

AOS

11-09-2015 AOS, EAD & AP Sent by Express Mail (Dearborn Address)

11-19-2015 AOS, EAD & AP confirmation e-mails received

12-14-2015 Biometrics completed

01-06-2016 AOS Approved :dance:

01-11-2016 GREEN CARD in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROC

11-06-2017 Package Sent by Express Mail 

11-13-2017 NOA received

12-05-2017 Biometrics completed

08-18-2018 Copy of extension letter received

10-16-2018 Original extension letter received

Naturalization

01-26-2019 N-400 filled online

Timeline

I had my interview today. The CO told me thery r having issues with their system. They need to get my background checked in order to see if im a "really bad person" (thats exactly what he said) and also that they r unable to print visas.

he said he Approved my visa, congratulated me and even explain me thay they will give me a package i wont open it and i have to give it at POE. But they still news to check my background and they need their system fixed to do so.

they sayd they will Send me an email within a week telling me when to pick up my passport (tthey kept it), and in case they have any problem with my background they will give me a call.

so, at the end, they left me with a bittersweet feeling.

I hope im not under AP for other reasons than this 'hack' issue. And i hope it is fixed soon.

We had ours today, too! If they said you're approved, I'm pretty sure you aren't under AP. The background clearances are what DOS does before issuing the visa. Weird they said it like that, but unless they told you you're in AP, I don't think you are! Can't tell you for sure, but approval is a old sign ;)

Congrats!!

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
5/13/15- NVC left

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

AOS

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

We had ours today, too! If they said you're approved, I'm pretty sure you aren't under AP. The background clearances are what DOS does before issuing the visa. Weird they said it like that, but unless they told you you're in AP, I don't think you are! Can't tell you for sure, but approval is a old sign ;)

Congrats!!

thanks. I noticed u got it approved too, congratulations! Did they tell u anything about this issue?

K1

07-01-2015 Visa in Hand

09-06-2015 POE

AOS

ROC

11-13-2017 NOA received

Naturalization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Today's update.....http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html. They are now doing passports, but are still unable to do visas......

• The Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our visa systems. These issues have resulted in delays in printing visas and may mean rescheduling some visa interviews.
  • Overseas passports are now being processed. Domestic passport services are functioning, and we were always able to issue emergency passports to U.S. citizens overseas with urgent travel needs.

Timeline

Thank you! They just said they hope it won't take more than 12 days to fix the issue and send him the visa!

<p>

Today's update.....http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html. They are now doing passports, but are still unable to do visas......

• The Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our visa systems. These issues have resulted in delays in printing visas and may mean rescheduling some visa interviews.
  • Overseas passports are now being processed. Domestic passport services are functioning, and we were always able to issue emergency passports to U.S. citizens overseas with urgent travel needs.

Was just gonna post this, lol! Glad to know they've at least fixed one part. Gives me hope for the visas!!

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
5/13/15- NVC left

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

AOS

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Thank you! They just said they hope it won't take more than 12 days to fix the issue and send him the visa!

Was just gonna post this, lol! Glad to know they've at least fixed one part. Gives me hope for the visas!!

MIne told me 1 week to get an email saying when to pick the passport up lol..

well, i hope it is fixed soon.

Good to know that at least they have solved one of the problems lol

K1

07-01-2015 Visa in Hand

09-06-2015 POE

AOS

ROC

11-13-2017 NOA received

Naturalization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

BAD BAD today's update

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html

Q: How long before you restore full system functionality?

• Overseas passports are being issued. Public and private sectors experts are working around the clock to correct the problem, but we do not expect the system will be online before next week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

BAD BAD today's update

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html

Q: How long before you restore full system functionality?

• Overseas passports are being issued. Public and private sectors experts are working around the clock to correct the problem, but we do not expect the system will be online before next week.

If my post wouldn't be removed by a mod or caught by the censor filter, I would really say what I am sure most of us are right now.

Urgh. I can only hope that officials truly are working around the clock and that this issue is resolved as soon as possible.

ROC - July 2017 CSC Filer (I-751 July 2017 Filers Spreadsheet)

• 7/15/2017: I-751 Sent
  • 7/17/2017: I-751 Received
  • 7/18/2017: NOA1 Date
  • 7/20/2017: Cheque Cashed
  • 7/21/2017: NOA1 Received
  • 7/29/2017: Biometrics Received
  • 8/10/2017: Biometics Appointment Completed
  • 2/26/2018: Case Received at Local Office
  • 11/27/2018: I-751 Case Approved - New Card Being Produced
  • 12/04/2018: Card received via USPS. ROC process now complete!

July 2017 ROC Filers Posting Template:

Service Center: CSC/VSC
First 5 Digits from WAC/EAC Receipt #: E.g. WAC17290
NOA1 Date: E.g. July 15, 2017
Filed N-400?: Yes/No
Case Transferred?: Yes/No

If yes, provide to what service center? On what date?: Yes/No; Transferred to NSC (Nebraska Service Center) on August 18, 2018

Approved?: Yes/No

If yes, what was the date of your approval?: October 1, 2018

If yes, did you have a RFE (Request for Evidence)? On what date?: Yes/No; September 1, 2018

If yes, did you have an interview? On what date?: Yes/No; September 30, 2018

Any other information: E.g. Received my 18-month extension letter on XX; Issues cashing our check originally, etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Ok Elena was approved today. So we have our K1 interview approval but are in a holding pattern. Still. I swear it seems like everything that could go wrong with this process HAS gone wrong with this process. 221 days in the TSC. A good wait through the NVC to the embassy. Then they made us wait 2 weeks before we were allowed to schedule an interview. Then there weren't any slots available until 2 weeks after the point in time when we received the green light to schedule. Now the ever-lovin-motherin State Department BS. Sheesh! Anyone else enduring the same cr@p??!?! lol :D

FWIW (not much IMO) but the CO told Elena today (Wednesday, June 17th) that we can expect a minimum of a 2 week delay WRT receiving our visa. He added that it should be no more than 3. So min 2, max 3.

Yeah, we'll see. Friggin state dept!

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Ok Elena was approved today. So we have our K1 interview approval but are in a holding pattern. Still. I swear it seems like everything that could go wrong with this process HAS gone wrong with this process. 221 days in the TSC. A good wait through the NVC to the embassy. Then they made us wait 2 weeks before we were allowed to schedule an interview. Then there weren't any slots available until 2 weeks after the point in time when we received the green light to schedule. Now the ever-lovin-motherin State Department BS. Sheesh! Anyone else enduring the same cr@p??!?! lol :D

FWIW (not much IMO) but the CO told Elena today (Wednesday, June 17th) that we can expect a minimum of a 2 week delay WRT receiving our visa. He added that it should be no more than 3. So min 2, max 3.

Yeah, we'll see. Friggin state dept!

Congratulations on the approval nonetheless, wishing you guys a speedy wait for the passport!

K-1 Journey: 309 days from received to POE (TSC)

[september 11, 2014] - I-129F received by USCIS

[september 15, 2014] - NOA1
[May 27, 2015] - NOA2
[July 9, 2015] - I N T E R V I E W! (APPROVED!)
[July 13, 2015] - Issued
[July 14, 2015] - Visa in hand
[July 16, 2015] - POE JFK

AOS Journey: 169 days from received to GC in hand (NSC)

Spoiler

[July 17, 2015] - Successfully applied for SSN

[July 18, 2015] - Sent out AOS package

[July 21, 2015] - Received

[July 24, 2015] - NOA1 (3x)

[August 18, 2015] - Biometrics

[september 19, 2015] - EAD/AP approval (63 days)

[september 24, 2015] - EAD/AP Received

[January 6, 2016] - Green Card approved without interview(166 days)

[January 12, 2016] - Received Green Card

ROC journey starts: October 2017

ROC Journey: 419 days (VSC)

[October 30, 2017] - Sent package

[November 3, 2017] - NOA1

[November 18, 2017] - Biometrics letter received

[December 5, 2017] - Biometrics

[December 18, 2018] - Card is being produced (no interview)

[December 22, 2018] - Received Green Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations on the approval nonetheless, wishing you guys a speedy wait for the passport!

Thanks Sandra! Unfortunately due to the state department "govno" I will be pushing the limit of the amount of time that I can remain in Russia before I must return to work. So despite all of my hard work, there is still a real chance that I would need to leave them behind for a while. That time should be short, or so I would hope, but still it's a very undesirable result. But we'll see, time will tell.

I see you have your interview scheduled for July 9th? Congratulations!

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.