lynboa

K1 in AP and 221 (g)

100 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

In the letter it's states do not contact the embassy or USCIS until a response have been sent to you. They did state they were gonna send it back to the USCIS . So if I find out it's still at the embassy then what next? Is the way I can avoid them sending application back to USCIS since it's already been stated in the letter that they are gonna send it back to uscis

According to your profile you are in N.C so here is one of your senators web site.

http://www.burr.senate.gov/services/help

Fill out the request / privacy release form, specify

that you want the diplomatic pouch number of your case if it has been returned to USCIS and if it is still at the embassy have him request a second

interview. I don't think they will give you another interview but you can give it a try.

If it has been returned you can file again or marry and file a CR1.

Call USCIS in a couple weeks and ask if they have received your case.

They will tell you they will review it but they will let it sit and expire instead.

Proceed with plan B which is re file a K1 or file a CR1 which would be better.

Your senator can not overturn their decision but his immigration aid and liason can pin point where your case actually is with dates

of when it was send and received. You have 2 senators and if one is not moving fast enough on your behalf ask the other one.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thanks Ebunulowa you are a blessing. I did exactly what you said and I have submitted the online request. I don't know if I need to print and mail or its gonna go to them directly after I hit on the submit button. Another thing is I hired a lawyer in helping me file application. I did explain to him I would like to marry with my fiancée but he insisted we wait for the reason of refusal since it's still gonna be on my file. Worse case senario I hear it takes 6 months to process, has anyone on this forum gone thru same thing as I'm mine? I'm hoping I get response before the 6 months I don't know . Thx for the information Ebunoluwa

hi what you need to do is print and sign it and go in person or fax, or post it to them.

This is the greatest lesson a child can learn. It is the greatest lesson anyone can learn. It has been the greatest lesson I have learned: if you persevere, stick w/it, work @ it, you have a real opportunity to achieve something. Sure, there will be storms along the way. And you might not reach your goal right away. But if you do your best and keep a true compass, you'll get there. Edward M. Kennedy,

Timeline

Follow up with a phone call to the senators office as soon as possible. On the 221g what is marked or written as reason of refusal ? If it's not on the 221g paper you won't be send another reason by the consulate nor by USCIS. Go over the questions they were asking him and try to determine what the CO didn't like. How many times did you visit and for how long ? If the reason was that they don't think you are a genuine couple then marrying and re filing will overcome that with a well rounded quality front loaded petition and lots of visits and real face time.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

you are very welcome my dear. as it is already been said, ask him all that was ask, let him write it down so he will not leave any immportant datils out. than go over it and maybe you will know where it all want wrong. uscis will send you a letter either Reaffirm the case or a letter of NOIR/NOID and since the appeal cost, process time, i will either spend more time together and get married do CR1 or Refiled. who knows maybe you will get a happy ending or your k1 will just be sitting in their office and picking up dust until it expire. find out why , and work on that so you dont encounter the same problem again. all the best

This is the greatest lesson a child can learn. It is the greatest lesson anyone can learn. It has been the greatest lesson I have learned: if you persevere, stick w/it, work @ it, you have a real opportunity to achieve something. Sure, there will be storms along the way. And you might not reach your goal right away. But if you do your best and keep a true compass, you'll get there. Edward M. Kennedy,

Timeline

Returned K1's don't get reaffirmed nor do they get NOID/NOIR letters. They sit and expire.

Spoiler

yes it will probably expire, BUt not always.

* first when you contact your congrass person, ask that they get what is called the reqistry number for the diplomatic pouch that the case was sent back in, this way you can trace the package

* you need to be able to to provide evidence to address their concerns, BUt the tricky part is that they dont always tell you what their concerns are

* review the interview questions completely and try to find out what red flages you have, and what would give the interview that opinion

Timeline

Thx guys, my worry was that when will the USCIS ever contact me for additional document u know. This is actually my worry. I hear a lot of people say it sit in their office and expire is it always the case? So no one have had the USCIS contact them after their K1 application was returned for review. I'm heartbroken, but my lawyer insist we wait for the reason he was refused so then , doesn't he know this thing always expire? He sounded like I was gonna here from the USCIS in a duration of six months, I'm just confused since he think marrying him now is not the best option. Plus when I checked status it says it's in AP

Timeline

Thx Ebunulowa, I have been to Ghana for two times after we were engaged. I had tons of evidence. But I guess the only question I think he did not answer right was how I came to yhe US. I came here through the DV lottery but my fiancée for some funny reasons we had never talked abt that assumed my older sister gave me an invitation , so he told the consular my older sister invited me. You think that was the problem?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I had he same problem.. I went to my interview on May 19,2015 and i was giving a white slip 221g and ask to come back for second interview which was schedule on June 9,2015.. I was giving white slip 221g again and it explained on the form i shouldnt contact the embassy .My case will send back to USCIS and they will now reopen my case. it will get to the USCIS in 4 months and it will expire by then.. My first interview was placed on AP...Co did not believe we have real relationship. When i check my status, its still say ready for interview.. K1 visa is hard to approve in Ghana.. Fly back and get marry and then file for CR1 that is the best way..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

This embassy is tough! Marriage is your best option and collect even more evidence and work with your fiancee on the questions they asked and what will be the best way to answer them so next time his answers are satisfactory

Timeline

So what did you do joy2U1966, did u get married? My lawyer says I need to wait to find out because if we get married that same issue will resurface and I might be refused visa. So we're you given the six months duration? And you say it says interview ready meaning they are gonna call you for interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.