transmissao77

Complicated story - Citizenship can be revoked?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow! Lots of bad news haha.

Thanks everybody for the comments/suggestions

If they cancel her citizenship can she apply again through my sisters?

I'll look for more info about F1 visa and E2 visa (my fiance is spanish and we have the money to buy a business)

Is your mom undergoing a removal proceeding? Coz you said your stepdad filed for divorce 4 years ago. If nothing is filed against her then she won't lose her US citizenship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I assumed the issue had yet to come to their attention hence the Lawyers comments to let sleeping dogs lie.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Timeline

Is your mom undergoing a removal proceeding? Coz you said your stepdad filed for divorce 4 years ago. If nothing is filed against her then she won't lose her US citizenship.

No! She is fine...

We were wondering if they can revoke her citizenship if she tries to apply for me.

Timeline

She is fine as long as they never find out about it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

You are right. They could when the judge gave the cancellation of her marriage but nothing happened

Immigration Judge?

Not sure why you think Immigration would know?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Assuming that's not the reason why stepdad filed the divorce. Coz if he did bring that up then he would've been in hot water too.

Just leave things as they are. End of story.

Edited by apple21

When did your mom get married ? 22 years ago ?. So your father and mother are divorced ? are you a child from your mothers first marriage ?.

Yes! She's got married 22 years ago.

Formerly in Brazil people are separated judicially and after a few years the divorce.

My mom got married to my ex stepfather between that time (separation and divorce)

I'm a child from the first marriage

Assuming that's not the reason why stepdad filed the divorce. Coz if he did bring that up then he would've been in hot water too.

Just leave things as they are. End of story.

He's got deployed (us army) to another country and cheated on my mother. He went back to US with this other girl and filled for cancellation because he did not want my mother had the right to army pension and that was the way

Timeline

Family judge! The judge had the chance to tell the immigration about the situation

Do you think that immigration will investigate my mom if she applies for me?

Family Judge has no connection with immigration issues.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.