zuluweta

US Citizen Jessica Cooke Tasered By Border Patrol In Upstate New York

75 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm sure they'll end up settling the lawsuit and this will all disappear. Based upon what Tbone posted, they may have crossed the line the minute they sent her to secondary...then you have the fact that the supervisor said she could leave (what law enforcement official allows someone to leave if they really believe there is reasonable suspicion? They clearly were just harassing her at that point), and the fact that it sounds like they still opened her trunk despite the fact the dog didn't report anything, and the fact there was actually nothing in the trunk.

Its just a whole lot of fail.

Edited by Sousuke

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

How do you know there was no immigration law in play? Were you there at the stop?

Well she was a US citizen stopped well inside the border. She was not trying to cross the boder you tell me

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It will be very interesting to read "page 2" of the story as it goes forward.

there's been new instructions issued to the checkpoints at the southern border, plus new directives, new hires, new training, and even new mission statements about the war on drugs with those CBP units.

But, Northern Border Checkpoints? Really? come on...

CBP at checkpoints inside of the usa in the souther border area do check for drugs, it's clearly part of their mission statement, and no, they don't care about your citizenship status, either.

Oh well - must be a lot of pot moving south from Canada also, since it's legal for companies to grow it there.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I got as far as the page 1 responses to the OP video and written article. Her behavior led to the tasing. Plain and simple. Obama was not involved. Nazi Germany not involved.

Act like an idiot with law enforcement of any kind and stupid things follow. I too look forward to the follow up on this. I'm curious what was in the trunk. I know crossing any border, any international border means that myself, my belongings, my vehicle may be searched. For cause or randomly. Not sure what this woman thought she was doing with her attitude nor does she seem to have learned much from her ironic degree.

Well, in future, I hope she not 'talk Canadien' at the next control point. That would suck.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Wonder when they are going to put in the checks for those leaving Colorado.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

We are granting amnesty and setting up relief efforts for illegals by the thousands on the south border. El Prez Bo is even signing executive orders to make it happen faster

Yet we are tazing college students on the Northern border for acting nervous.

Insane

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

HP

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When she got her ID back why didn't she just wait in her car like he asked???

I agree. I think she is just an obnoxious idiot.

As far as I am concerned they should have stuck her with two of more tasers and kept the voltage on high.

We are granting amnesty and setting up relief efforts for illegals by the thousands on the south border. El Prez Bo is even signing executive orders to make it happen faster

Yet we are tazing college students on the Northern border for acting nervous.

Insane

She got tazed for acting like a d-bag, and being a completely uncooperative, blow hard know it all, telling the officers what she would and would not do. And refused even the simplest commands.

She was stopped for appearing nervous and refusing to allow her trunk to be checked. Not for being a college student. Her video is a textbook example of how to turn a brush with law enforcement into a situation that you will eventually earn yourself a bad outcome.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

She got tazed for acting like a d-bag, and being a completely uncooperative, blow hard know it all, telling the officers what she would and would not do. And refused even the simplest commands.

She was stopped for appearing nervous and refusing to allow her trunk to be checked. Not for being a college student. Her video is a textbook example of how to turn a brush with law enforcement into a situation that you will eventually earn yourself a bad outcome.

Not allowing your trunk to be searched for no reason is a very clear constitutional right in this country. Appearing nervous is not probable cause. She had every right to refuse as they had no right to detain het. When she asked "am I being detained" and they answered yes but could not give a valid reason proved they were out of line

Just saw the video. This was one of my concerns when we traveled by road from Tucson, AZ to San Diego, CA because I know there will be a lot of checkpoints and that time I still don't have my GC yet (husband US citizen). It's true, I passed at least 2 checkpoints and the Officers also did checked our car with the dog sniffing on it and we complied. I just brought all my papers anyway.Now that we recently took a 3 day roadtrip from AZ to Boston, there's no checkpoints at all.

I guess there's a need to comply for what's the Officer is asking to avoid any trouble. I agree this is completely harrasment on the part of Cooke since she is a US citizen but then again, we just don't know what the CBP officers saw on that time which they found suspicious.. I may be wrong but this is just my opinion.

Edited by sweet01
710-23-2014 - K1 interview (Phils): Approved
10-31-2014 - K1 Visa received
01-20-2015 - POE
02-20-2015 - Marriage
03-20-2015 - AOS/EAD/AP Packet Submission (day 0) ** date I submitted ***
03-24-2015 - NOA1 received (day 4)
03-27-2015 - NOA1 hard copies received (day 7)
04-06-2015 - Biometrics letter hard copy received (day 17)
04-16-2015 - Biometrics Appointment (day 27)
05-01-2015 - USCIS changed to Interview is scheduled (day 42)
05-06-2015 - Hardcopy of interview notice received ( I-797 C, NOA) (day 46)
06-02-2015- Conditional GC got approved (day 82) 
06-08-2015- Hard copy of Welcome notice received via mail (day 88)
06-10-2015- Actual GC received via mail  (day 90)
ROC
4/06/17 - Sent package (day 0)
4/7/17 -  USCIS received package (day 1) NOA date
4/14/17 - check encashed (day 😎
4/15/17 - NOA 1 received (day 9)
4/22/17 - Biometrics notice date (day 16)
4/29/17 - Biometrics notice letter received (day 23)
5/9/17 - Biometrics done (day 33)
3/19/18 - Case approved
3/23/18 - Approval letter received
4/6/18 - Actual 10-yr GC received 
N400 (under 3-year rule)
4/27/18 - filed N400 online (Friday) (day 0)
4/27/18 - paid/payment received (day 0)
4/27/18 - NOA date
5/21/18 - Biometrics done
7/25/18 - Interview letter date
8/31/18 - Scheduled interview. Got approved!
9/20/18 - Naturalization ceremony in Faneuil Hall, Boston, MA

"Seasons of waiting are designed to prepare you, stretch your faith, and get you ready for everything that's coming next" - curiano quotes life

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well... They didn't shoot her..

When are the cops going to learn: always destroy the video evidence.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Timeline

Not allowing your trunk to be searched for no reason is a very clear constitutional right in this country. Appearing nervous is not probable cause. She had every right to refuse as they had no right to detain het. When she asked "am I being detained" and they answered yes but could not give a valid reason proved they were out of line

there are different regulations and rules and laws inside of an immigration control check-point, and this type of inspection area goes by 'those' rules, not the ones you are alluding to.

Sorry.