30 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

What I hear on this forum so many times is USC's holding a foreigner almost hostage with a GC or citizenship, etc. Would we seek to crush another USC's world for such a thing or give them another chance? It seems like some exspect these foreigners to grovel at their feet just because the gift of US citizenship has been presented. These foreigners leave bad conditions, yet. but they also leave their loved ones, their lives, etc to be with a person and they are people just the same. If one would seek to destroy a USC for adultery, then so be it. I feel sorry for that mentality. But if one would try to work it out with an adulterating USC, then he/she should try to work it out with their love. We married for love right? Love covers a multitude of sins. There are some things that i absolutely do not trust my fiance with. but I know that and i loook at the good and I look at the bad and yet I love him and wouldnt hold him to a higher standard than i would an american. and I certainly wouldnt make him a slave. not saying that hte OP is doing that, but so many times, the first thing i hear on difficulty is removing support, withdrawing the petitions, etc.

When two parties go into agreement (of any sort), and one fails to hold up their part of the agreement, there is no reason to let them keep the benefits of the original agreement.

It's that simple.

If the OP can genuinely salvage the marriage, then great. If not, then cut all possible ties and move on. Life happens.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If you file the divorce, then she won't be qualify to get citizenship under 3 yrs rule.

it's also quite possible the interviewer at the local uscis office will not know anything about it.

Here's what I suggest:

make a packet of stuff that includes the following:

1. letter of attestation that you have filed for divorce on suchandsuch date.

2. copy of divorce petition showing the filing date stamp

and drop this off at the local uscis office, not need any appointment, just ask the security guard to let you in because you want to drop something into the drop box.

on the outside, write:

Citizenship Adjudication Team.

Please review and add to the A-File prior to final adjudication and interview.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

What I hear on this forum so many times is USC's holding a foreigner almost hostage with a GC or citizenship, etc. Would we seek to crush another USC's world for such a thing or give them another chance? It seems like some exspect these foreigners to grovel at their feet just because the gift of US citizenship has been presented. These foreigners leave bad conditions, yet. but they also leave their loved ones, their lives, etc to be with a person and they are people just the same. If one would seek to destroy a USC for adultery, then so be it. I feel sorry for that mentality. But if one would try to work it out with an adulterating USC, then he/she should try to work it out with their love. We married for love right? Love covers a multitude of sins. There are some things that i absolutely do not trust my fiance with. but I know that and i loook at the good and I look at the bad and yet I love him and wouldnt hold him to a higher standard than i would an american. and I certainly wouldnt make him a slave. not saying that hte OP is doing that, but so many times, the first thing i hear on difficulty is removing support, withdrawing the petitions, etc.

that's certainly one outlook.

there are others.

Mostly, mine does not align with yours.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

My Filipina wife of 4 years is an adulteress. I just found this out and her N-400 interview date has been scheduled in July. Any final divorce would now come after that date. Do I notify USCIS that I am in the process of divorce? She filed under being married for 3 years. She already has her 10 year Green Card. Would USCIS complete the interview if they know we are divorcing? We still would be married at the time of her interview.

Hi - were you successful in dropping off 'the packet' to the lockbox at the local USCIS office? Post some status, if/when you have some...

• 2 weeks later...

Bitter truth?

I hope OP knows that divorce DOES NOT get him off the hook from the affidavit of finacial support aka I-864...

I hope so too...

When two parties go into agreement (of any sort), and one fails to hold up their part of the agreement, there is no reason to let them keep the benefits of the original agreement.

It's that simple.

If the OP can genuinely salvage the marriage, then great. If not, then cut all possible ties and move on. Life happens.

...and you know you're a human being too... So you know better the ups and downs in human life...

that's certainly one outlook.

there are others.

Mostly, mine does not align with yours.

Right! But no judging...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved form US Citizenship General Discussion to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits Forum~

~Similar topics are often discussed at this forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The problem isn't a holding someone hostage it is that most people have more self worth than to think they have to remain chained to a person that can't keep their sexual organs under control. Personally I think any person that can't keep their lower lips away from some strange penile probe doesn't deserve to be given a second chance. Love has no part in a relationship where one is spreading there love and legs all over the neighborhood. We should applaud the person that show enough self respect to kick this type of partner to the curb,

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

The problem isn't a holding someone hostage it is that most people have more self worth than to think they have to remain chained to a person that can't keep their sexual organs under control. Personally I think any person that can't keep their lower lips away from some strange penile probe doesn't deserve to be given a second chance. Love has no part in a relationship where one is spreading there love and legs all over the neighborhood. We should applaud the person that show enough self respect to kick this type of partner to the curb,

Sure! But when you are taking vengance endeavor to pause for a moment because you're also human... I try to reflect on the doctrine of karma doing it's best, and I let go... That's me!

OP has a choice. Not say anything and be off the hook for the I-864 OR start divorce proceedings asap and follow Darnell's advice which may or may not lead to anything. Up to them.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

She is already in the US ?

My Filipina wife of 4 years is an adulteress. I just found this out and her N-400 interview date has been scheduled in July. Any final divorce would now come after that date. Do I notify USCIS that I am in the process of divorce? She filed under being married for 3 years. She already has her 10 year Green Card. Would USCIS complete the interview if they know we are divorcing? We still would be married at the time of her interview.

What you said is right, but if the person's original intention was to move to the US, under false pretense of love, then withdraw the support. If they left family and friends they can always go back to their own country.

or give back all the money they spent for bringing them here.

Again intentions what was the immigrants to get married love or something else intention is important here.

If the spouse was a abuser and she cheated it is other thing.

I agree 100% person.

I actively attempted to make USCIS aware of all the facts of my marriage, none of which reflected favorably on my wife's petition for Removal of Conditions. I didn't "hold hostage" her petition - in fact, I promised her that I would not withdraw the joint petition and would attend an interview if asked. But after years of verbal abuse (it wasn't great before we got married but got worse after we got married), and especially years of being told I "didn't deserve" this and that and everything else, including being married to a young, attractive woman, I really felt like if she wanted ROC, it should only be because she "deserved" it. So I didn't threaten or anything, but I did inform USCIS of the facts. It probably didn't matter, because she had so little evidence it would have been laughable.

I had this little fantasy. I imagined them saying "OK Mrs. Tuck. We understand that you didn't want to move to the USA where there were news clips on CNN of governors attacking teachers, and we understand that you didn't want to take a big pay cut (even though you were spending huge amounts to maintain two homes and fly back and forth every other weekend). We understand that it was more important to you to live in a big city than to live in the tiny 2-million-person village your husband lived in. We understand why it was so hard to merge finances with different currencies. We even understand that you might not have wanted your family and friends to know that you married someone short fat old and ugly - eeech! look at him!

"We understand all that. So just show us one thing. Show us one photo of you smiling on your wedding day. That's all, just one photo to show that at the moment you got married you were happy to be married to this man, thinking about a life together, and we'll give you your ten-year green card.

"Oh, you were so unexcited about your wedding that you don't even have a single picture from that day?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.