jquan

EAD(Green card) undeliverable and how long does it take to returned to USCIS

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey, that's great to hear! You're no doubt relieved. Thanks for keeping me posted on your timeline. It helps me to know what to expect.

Mine is still out there in limbo.

Just so I'm clear, USICS never did actually send you any update or confirmation to let you know that they had received the card back, correct?

Filed: Timeline

I confirmed when I called USCIS. Ask them to transfer you to the officer and they have access to your account and they can let you know whether they have the returned card or not. my status update was not helpful once it returned to USIC.

Also, I did get my congreeman involved in getting status update from USCIS. may be you can try that way

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

For anyone reading this post for future reference, it ended up taking about 5 weeks for USCIS to acknowledge the card was returned to them and to submit a request to have it resent.

I had actually already submitted that request previously once the original tracking confirmation showed that it had been returned to USCIS. I attempted to resubmit a new request anyway, but was told it couldn't be submitted because there was already a previous request.

The card was then mailed a week or so later. A notification was received that it had been mailed, but there was no tracking information. The card arrived within a few days. So about 6 weeks altogether from the time it was originally sent to the time it was received.

• 1 year later...
Filed: Other Country: Algeria
Timeline

please i need help in emrgency about my green card! i received this update in my case status from uscis on september 20th 2016 # Card Was Determined As Undeliverable By The Post Office. On September 20, 2016, the Post Office determined your card for Receipt Number IOE...., is undeliverable. We mailed your card to the address you gave us, but the Post Office could not deliver it. The tracking number assigned is 920..... You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools Tracking section. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/ addresschange to give us your new mailing address. # untill now i did not receive an update from USCIS and USPS.

is safe my green card? and it would be retourned to missouri?

how long time can i wait?

thank you in advance.

Filed: Other Country: Algeria
Timeline

hello

please i need help in emrgency about my green card! i received this update in my case status from uscis on september 20th 2016 # Card Was Determined As Undeliverable By The Post Office. On September 20, 2016, the Post Office determined your card for Receipt Number IOE...., is undeliverable. We mailed your card to the address you gave us, but the Post Office could not deliver it. The tracking number assigned is 920..... You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools Tracking section. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/ addresschange to give us your new mailing address. # untill now i did not receive an update from USCIS and USPS.

is safe my green card? and it would be retourned to missouri?

how long time can i wait?

thank you in advance.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Old thread is now closed to further comment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.