beck26

About lifting the conditions of Permanent Resident.

8 posts in this topic

Hi!

My permanent resident card will expire on september 9th 2015, would I be in trouble if I pass the lifting conditions petition like a month before it expires?

i heard you need to pass the lifting conditions petition 3 months before, but i still need to save up money...

thanks a lot!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to ROC Forum~

~Inquiry about ROC, past K1~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

You just need to file the papers within the 90-day window. So you are still ok. But better do it soon.

Blue Bianchi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

01/08/2020 Day 00 - Submitted N-400 online

01/11/2020 Day 03 - Received NOA online, Priority Date January 8, 2020

01/14/2020 Day 06 - Received notice of Biometrics appointment online.

01/31/2020 Day 20 - Biometrics Appointment (scheduled)
07/08/2020 Day 183 - Received online notice of citizenship interview 
08/21/2020 Day 227 - Citizenship interview
08/21/2020 Day 227 - Citizenship Oath (Same day as interview!)

Hint - if you haven't already, make sure your SSN card does NOT have restrictions on it before your GC expires. Now's the time to check on that, not when you're well into ROC period.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My husband filed 6 weeks before his card expired, it wasn't a problem. As long as it is within the 90 day window, I just wouldn't wait until the very last moment. Good luck!!!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!

My permanent resident card will expire on september 9th 2015, would I be in trouble if I pass the lifting conditions petition like a month before it expires?

i heard you need to pass the lifting conditions petition 3 months before, but i still need to save up money...

thanks a lot!

The 90 day limitation is you cannot file earlier. As long as you file and you application was received by USCIS during the 90 day window you resident status is good for another year. Then you do the patience thing one more time... :-)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

so when i file for a petition to lift my conditions as a permanent resident, it would be good for a year? (i heard it should be good for 10 years?)

thanks a lot guys, i really appreciate all the replies.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

so when i file for a petition to lift my conditions as a permanent resident, it would be good for a year? (i heard it should be good for 10 years?)

thanks a lot guys, i really appreciate all the replies.

When you file to remove conditions and once your application is received by USCIS, they will send you a Notice of receipt which will be good for one year (keep that notice / receipt safe with your green card or passport). It takes them anywhere between 4 months to 12 months to process the application. Once your application is approved, the Green Card you receive will be good for 10 years.

Married: 12/01/2011
USCIS Stage:
I-130 sent: 12/29/2011 NOA1: 01/03/2012 NOA2: 09/24/2012 (Text and website) - 09/28/2012 (In mail) <265 days to approval from NOA1 date>
I-129F sent: 01/14/2012 NOA1: 01/18/2012 NOA2: 09/27/2012 (Withdrawn)
RFE: 08/13/2012 "Proof of Bona Fide marital relationship". (Took them 7 months, 1 week and 4 days to send an RFE).
RFE Responce received by CSC-USCIS on 09/07/2012.
NVC Stage:
NVC Received: 10/09/2012
NVC issued Case #, IIN and BIN: 10/10/2012
IV Package Received at NVC: 12/03/2012

EMBASSY STAGE:
interview March 20, 2013 : results AP (sent in paperwork for co-sponsor received 4-20-2013)

Issued: September 30, 2013

POE: Raleigh-Durham International Airport, NC @ 10-17-2013 (Easy entry, pleasant experience).

Removal of Conditions on Residence:

Filed: August 14, 2015 - VSC

NOA1: 08/19/2015

Date of Decision: 06-03-2013

Letter of Approval received: 06-09-2016

Green Card received: 07-15-2016

Naturlization N-400:

Filed: September 16, 2019

Biometrics: October 9, 2019

Interview: August 24, 2020

Approval: Approved and received Naturalization Certificate same day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.