toch89502

How long does it take for NVC assign the case number?

89 posts in this topic

USCIS petition approved June 2nd, got the letter on the 13th. Called NVC on July 6th, got through and got the number. They said they received the papers during the week of July 1st. Today the status finally says In Transit! So in my case it seems it took forever for the papers to get to NVC but once there, NVC was quick!

Edited by PHC1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Question

If I'm living out of my nationality country for the last 7 years and just visit my country for 1 month every

Year... Do I need a police certificate from both my nationality country and where I'm living now or from where I'm living now only???

My address on the form i130 is my current living place.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Armenia
Timeline

Question

If I'm living out of my nationality country for the last 7 years and just visit my country for 1 month every

Year... Do I need a police certificate from both my nationality country and where I'm living now or from where I'm living now only???

My address on the form i130 is my current living place.

You need police from both countries. you also need police certificate from any country where you lived more than 6 months.

Timeline

You need police from both countries. you also need police certificate from any country where you lived more than 6 months.

Oww... Thanks Garyaka.... So I need to prepare it. Do u get ur case no.? Our case approved around the same time let's keep informing each other.....

NOA2.......... Jun27

Sent to NVC... July 2

Waiting for case number...

Timeline

I didn't get mine yet. It was sent on July 8th.

Just called NVC yesterday and they told me the case was received on July 10. They may need minimum 2 weeks to assign a case number.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

We got our NOA2 on the 17th June and they still haven't given us the case number.... USCIS transferred it to them, it's sure. I am getting frustrated...

2015-04-03: I-129F sent

2015-04-06: I-129F received

2015-04-15: NOA1 received

2015-05-21: RFE message received by email and text

2015-05-26: RFE hardcopy received

2015-05-27: RFE sent

2015-05-28: RFE received by CSC, status updated on USCIS website

2015-06-17: NOA2 message received by email

2015-06-22: NOA2 hardcopy received

2015-07-20: Got our case # from NVC on the phone and same day transferred to the Embassy

2015-07-27: According to the CEAC site, our case is ready for the interview

2015-08-12: Medicals

2015-09-02: INTERVIEW:-))))

2015-09-06: ACCEPTED!!! (Checked also on ustraveldocs.com), delivery company called me when can they deliver the docs

2015-09-18: POE: ATLANTA

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

2015-11-01: Marriage Ceremony took place in our home

2015-11-02: Marriage License signed and handed over to the Probate Court

2015-11-09: Marriage Certificate is ready to pick up

2015-11-16: Docs sent to USCIS with Fedex

2015-11-18: Docs delivered to USCIS with Fedex

2015-11-23: Got 3 txt msgs with 3 different receipt numbers (MSC# - AOS, EAD, AP)

2015-11-27: 3 NOA#3 received by mail

2015-12-09: Biometrics appointment letter received by mail - Appointment is on the 21st December

2015-12-21: Biometrics was taken for EAD

2015-12-21: RFE received regarding I-485 (W2 was requested)

2015-12-22: Evidence (W2) sent back to USCIS

2015-12-28: Biometrics appointment letter received by mail - Appointment is on the 4th January

2016-01-04: Biometrics was taken for AOS

2016-02-01: Service request sent regarding EAD

2016-02-02: Service request was sent to an officer for response
2016-02-05: Expedite request sent
2016-02-11: Second service request sent, assigned to an officer same day
2016-02-12: EAD/AP card is being produced!!!
2016-02-17: EAD/AP card is being mailed!!!

Current status:

:goofy: Waiting for GC or waiver :goofy:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

We got our NOA2 on the 17th June and they still haven't given us the case number.... USCIS transferred it to them, it's sure. I am getting frustrated...

I got NOA2 on june 27 and I already got my case number and IIN ..... I'm filling DS261 now..... please call NVC and ask for your case number....don't wait for their mail.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Armenia
Timeline

Well they tell me it takes 4 weeks after they receive the case but I doubt that's reasonable.

However they didn't give me case number yet. They got my case on July 17.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well they tell me it takes 4 weeks after they receive the case but I doubt that's reasonable.

However they didn't give me case number yet. They got my case on July 17.

I suspect you will get your case number either tomorrow or Monday. Based on my experience it is close to 12-13 days.

All the best.

M.B. - how do you know when it is is sent there?

Oww... Thanks Garyaka.... So I need to prepare it. Do u get ur case no.? Our case approved around the same time let's keep informing each other.....

NOA2.......... Jun27
Sent to NVC... July 2
Waiting for case number...

Edited by anonymous88

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.