SR_ZJ

Joint sponsor

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Download the instructions for the Affidavit of Support. There's much more to send than just tax returns. Btw you should send three years worth. And if you want to ensure there are no hiccups in your process and mistakes on your forms, my advice would be to fill it out yourself unless you had a professional do it.

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had a co sponsor, I didn't have tax returns or transcripts. for the interview I took his 2012&2013 W2s, 2 recent pay stubs, job letter and the sign form, the CO didn't ask for anything else. You can also, email the embassy and ask what documents are sufficient when using a co sponsor. But it would be best to take very thing that the instruction form ask for. My co sponsor earn way above the poverty guidelines and maybe that had a lot to do with them not asking for other docs , I'm not too sure.

So you may want to have,

Two/three years tax returns or transcript. With the transcript u will not require supporting document other than a job letter.

Or... Past 3 years W2s

2 recent pay stubs

Job letter

Sign AOS form

AOS Date Filed : 2015-05-27

Got rejection notice on May 29, 2015 for an incomplete application

Receive rejected application on June 6, 2015

Resubmit June 8, 2015

Delivered June 9, 2015

NOA Date : 2015-06-16

Bio. Appt. : 2015-07-06

EAD and AP Approved Date : 2015-08-14

Date Combo Card Received : 2015-08-21 (Received my card about 6hrs apart on the same day they sent an e-mail that they shipped my card).

Receive Potential Interview Waiver Letter: September 9, 2015 sigh!!
AOS Approved without interview 2015-10-08 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :star: 3 MONTHS AND 22 DAYS AFTER NOA1 (F)
(L)In God I Put My Trust :star:

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/550752-affidavit-of-support/?fromsearch=1

Hwga.... sr_zj...please read this thread that was just recently up. And look 6 posts down. This was copied from the instructions from the Affidavit of Support, verbatim.

As you will see... they do not request "w2's". They request income tax return that was filed. The purpose of requesting that is to find out your annual salary. A w2 does not officially portray one's annual income. If you present less that what is requested it can put you in AP. I do suggest you reading the required supporting evidence to send and do not substitute or stray from that. Just because someone else got lucky doesn't mean you will too. Do not give your future up to chance.

Edited by MouadsWife

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Timeline

I had a co sponsor, I didn't have tax returns or transcripts. for the interview I took his 2012&2013 W2s, 2 recent pay stubs, job letter and the sign form, the CO didn't ask for anything else. You can also, email the embassy and ask what documents are sufficient when using a co sponsor. But it would be best to take very thing that the instruction form ask for. My co sponsor earn way above the poverty guidelines and maybe that had a lot to do with them not asking for other docs , I'm not too sure.

So you may want to have,

Two/three years tax returns or transcript. With the transcript u will not require supporting document other than a job letter.

Or... Past 3 years W2s

2 recent pay stubs

Job letter

Sign AOS form

No where in the instructions does it say w2s are acceptable. W2's do not portray an accurate annual sallary. Only transcripts or income tax returns can show that. You got lucky with that being accepted. Also OP needs a letter from the bank. Edited by MouadsWife

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/550752-affidavit-of-support/?fromsearch=1

Hwga.... sr_zj...please read this thread that was just recently up. And look 6 posts down. This was copied from the instructions from the Affidavit of Support, verbatim.

As you will see... they do not request "w2's". They request income tax return that was filed. The purpose of requesting that is to find out your annual salary. A w2 does not officially portray one's annual income. If you present less that what is requested it can put you in AP. I do suggest you reading the required supporting evidence to send and do not substitute or stray from that. Just because someone else got lucky doesn't mean you will too. Do not give your future up to chance.

Thank you for your advise, but our embassy does request it and they have given 221g for them. Our packet 3 says it as well.

OP- have your co-sponsor provide the same items that you are providing for the I-134. Make sure they provide proof of LPR or US Citizen.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

No where in the instructions does it say w2s are acceptable. W2's do not portray an accurate annual sallary. Only transcripts or income tax returns can show that. You got lucky with that being accepted. Also OP needs a letter from the bank.

After NOA2 approval, the process is now embassy specific, and although it is not fair to all, we have to prvide what is asked or be given a 221g. FYI, we dont need bank letters at our embassy.

Timeline

No where in the instructions does it say w2s are acceptable. W2's do not portray an accurate annual sallary. Only transcripts or income tax returns can show that. You got lucky with that being accepted. Also OP needs a letter from the bank.

Resubmit June 8, 2015

Delivered June 9, 2015

Date Combo Card Received : 2015-08-21 (Received my card about 6hrs apart on the same day they sent an e-mail that they shipped my card).

AOS Approved without interview 2015-10-08 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :star: 3 MONTHS AND 22 DAYS AFTER NOA1 (F)

Timeline

MouadsWife, even if I got lucky I was just sharing what I did. I was in contact with the embassy sending emails asking questions on the supporting documents for the affidavit of support. I went ahead and encourage the OP to do as the instruction said, i didn't advice he/she to take chances.

Resubmit June 8, 2015

Delivered June 9, 2015

Timeline

Yes you will have to provide proof of citizenship for your co-sponosr

Resubmit June 8, 2015

Delivered June 9, 2015

Timeline

This is all they said to me when I questioned them about my sponsor supporting documents. i would have the returns to give to them even if they had ask for it cause, it was fed ex that left my package with the supporting documents I needed at at P.o box when they were suppose to deliver it to me and eventually I didn't get it in time for my interview

post-194987-0-77456800-1433630492_thumb.jpg

Edited by HeandI

Resubmit June 8, 2015

Delivered June 9, 2015

Timeline

I pulled up the instructions for Affidavit of Support. Now... when pullling up the instructions for Aff of Supp I don't recall it asking which instructions I wanted... the one for Casablanca, Canada, England, or Australian..... the Aff of Supp is one form for all and not country specific. So honestly, I believe if one wants to be politically correct and safe, follow the directions on the form to the letter.

Im not trying to be difficult about the whole matter, I just believe in following directions is all.

Edited by MouadsWife

Timeline

I pulled up the instructions for Affidavit of Support. Now... when pullling up the instructions for Aff of Supp I don't recall it asking which instructions I wanted... the one for Casablanca, Canada, England, or Australian..... the Aff of Supp is one form for all and not country specific. So honestly, I believe if one wants to be politically correct and safe, follow the directions on the form to the letter.

Im not trying to be difficult about the whole matter, I just believe in following directions is all.

We understand that but we are telling you, we are following directions. Just because you dont receive the same directions does not mean we are wrong.

Timeline

As pinkrlion said before After NOA2 approval, the process is now embassy specific. Even tho the instructions on the form goes for everyone in general, different embassy may accept just the tax transcripts, while another embassy may require tax transcripts + pays, stubs, job letter, bank statement and the list goes on. Once cases are transferred to the embassy, it's up to them to advice the applicant on what documents are required, required documents varies. It's still advisable for the OP to follow the form instruction tho. But for the Jamaican consulate a bank letter is definitely not required.

Resubmit June 8, 2015

Delivered June 9, 2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would fill out my own paper work, and get 3 years income tax returns, for the affidavit of support, from the sponsor.

I personally, would not trust no one with my immigration paper work. I have also seen so many posts here about huge mistakes made by lawyers, so I just said my opinion, and I think I trust myself

over other people.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.