Yaounde appointments & interview

55 posts in this topic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Thanks for your response. At this point I'm kind of confused. I was leaning towards applying to have it expedited, but a representative told me it might delay it further. What do you think?

Also, it's CR1

Timeline

Thanks for your response. At this point I'm kind of confused. I was leaning towards applying to have it expedited, but a representative told me it might delay it further. What do you think?

Also, it's CR1

Let's be patient. All I can say. It's been a long road, now its much shorter. Let's keep the faith and pray. Thats my advice. Edited by babyface.007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

hello all.no interview yet

That's crazy! What do they say when you call them?

Our case is ready at the embassy as of today! I'll post when we get our date. I told my fiance to start checking his email every day for it.

Timeline

That's crazy! What do they say when you call them?

Our case is ready at the embassy as of today! I'll post when we get our date. I told my fiance to start checking his email every day for it.

First of all to obtain packet 3 we called them because we didn't receive it in our emails.They said they sent it in our emails but we didn't receive anything.so if after few days you didn't receive packet 3 just call them.Now we are still waiting the interview.I don't know why it takes time;perhaps they are backlogged.

Timeline

CR1. Case Complete June 9. Interview scheduled July 16. Interview date at embassy in yde August 1st, which is a Saturday. Confirmed twice with different Nvc reps that interview is on August first.

Timeline

First of all to obtain packet 3 we called them because we didn't receive it in our emails.They said they sent it in our emails but we didn't receive anything.so if after few days you didn't receive packet 3 just call them.Now we are still waiting the interview.I don't know why it takes time;perhaps they are backlogged.

Yeah I saw on the website last week it says to request Packet 3 by contacting them and giving them your email address. They don't mail them anymore or let you pick them up except under rare circumstances.

I'm just so confused by the website. Some places say to make the appointment yourself and others say you will receive a letter. It looks like things are changing on July 31st so maybe that's why: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/cameroon/231771/PDFs/finalnivappointmentonepager07242014.pdf

edit: maybe that was from 2014...so do we create an account on that website or wait for a letter (K-1)?

Edited by muhkoo

Timeline

hello all

I don't have my interview's date yet and I am worried.Because I filled the ds160 since the july 3 and my fiance called the embassy many time but nothing.I checked ceac website and it says that our case was updated on july 13,what does it mean?

have you already your interview's date?

Edited by EP&PE

Timeline

hello all

I don't have my interview's date yet and I am worried.Because I filled the ds160 since the july 3 and my fiance called the embassy many time but nothing.I checked ceac website and it says that our case was updated on july 13,what does it mean?

have you already your interview's date?

It's been at the embassy 10 days for us and no information yet.

Timeline

My advice is: go to the embassy in person and get an interview date. If your case is 'ready ' then the embassy is waiting on you to get yourself ready.

Timeline

My advice is: go to the embassy in person and get an interview date. If your case is 'ready ' then the embassy is waiting on you to get yourself ready.

From everything I've seen, it says to wait until they contact you for an interview for K-1. I don't agree that they are waiting on us because without VJ K-1's wouldn't even know what to do next to be "ready." I haven't received any information since I got NOA2. We're supposed to contact the embassy for Packet 3 now according to the website. A friend of mine whose then-fiance got his visa around March received Packet 3 in an email with the interview date.

I sent an email today to request Packet 3 again and mentioned that we need an interview date. I'm going to have my fiance call tomorrow though just to ask to make sure we should just wait.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.