SamWiSam

Amman Jordan - Spouse Interview

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jordan
Timeline

this is just frustrating I don't think I could prepare myself to go longer than September October without seeing my husband I was really expecting him to be here at least by may but it didn't really work out that way

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I was told when I called the NVC last week that they already scheduled all August and that I will need to wait until the end of July beginning of August to see if I get a September appointment. I am confused, today they mentioned that they are still scheduling August. It does not make any sense. I honestly doubt that they are scheduling any. I am not sure what the mystery about not scheduling any CR1 appointments. It is so frustrating to experience the lengthy separation from US citizens spouses. I am not sure what Amman post is doing. I wished that they simply said they are aware of the delays and that they are working on a solution.

Timeline

Morgan,

Did you go to the embassy today and what did they say? I am not sure how a visitor gets an interview within two weeks of applying and a CR1 immigrant does not get one even after several months of waiting once the case is complete. Does anyone know? Is it intentional that they don't want to process CR1s for US citizen spouses in Amman? This has never been the case where they ignore US citizens forever.

Edited by jo_member

Timeline

Morgan,

Did you go to the embassy today and what did they say? I am not sure how a visitor gets an interview within two weeks of applying and a CR1 immigrant does not get one even after several months of waiting once the case is complete. Does anyone know? Is it intentional that they don't want to process CR1s for US citizen spouses in Amman? This has never been the case where they ignore US citizens forever.

my daughter had to go to the doctor so I had to reschedule it, and I'm a resident of jordan not a visitor but that doesn't matter, you can get appointments the next day if your a U.S. Citizen for different things . I called the nvc today they claimed to still be working on August but I don't see how that's possible . The way they do appointments for U.S. citizens is they give only certain times of the day for certain things like random things such as asking questions reporting a death is only done from 8-9, crbas from 10-12 etc that's how those appointments work but I don't know what's going on with the non U.S. citizen appointments . Sorry I wasn't able to go today but I'll go in a few days, daughter is only 2 weeks old and I had no choice but to go this morning .

Timeline

Just so everyone knows they are giving interviews just to other people, not Jordanians . My husband told me he had a customer in his salon today that has an interview tomorrow for a spouse visa and he is from Yemen not jordan . So we can start to see where the problem is .

Timeline

The question Morgan would be when her case got completed by the NVC. If it got completed after March 25th then yes they are ditching Jordanian immigrant spouses for sure.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

I call them once every few days but it doesn't do any good. They can't tell me what month they're on, they can't tell me why Jordan is taking so long, they can't tell me when I can expect an interview. Each time I call I get more and more frustrated but I call anyway, just in case.

At this point I'm just praying for a September interview since that's when I'll be in Jordan anyway

Timeline

Yeah they stopped providing information regarding Jordan. The main issue is that they are not honest about the reasons behind suspending iv interviews for Jordanian spouses. They keep saying it is related to the capacity of the US embassy in Amman, but it is not true since lots of Syrians and Yemeni spouses are getting an expedited treatment which is wrong and not fair to us.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

my daughter had to go to the doctor so I had to reschedule it, and I'm a resident of jordan not a visitor but that doesn't matter, you can get appointments the next day if your a U.S. Citizen for different things . I called the nvc today they claimed to still be working on August but I don't see how that's possible . The way they do appointments for U.S. citizens is they give only certain times of the day for certain things like random things such as asking questions reporting a death is only done from 8-9, crbas from 10-12 etc that's how those appointments work but I don't know what's going on with the non U.S. citizen appointments . Sorry I wasn't able to go today but I'll go in a few days, daughter is only 2 weeks old and I had no choice but to go this morning .

Have you gotten a chance to go to the embassy?

Hope your daughter is doing well!

Has anyone called NVC? The main thread has calmed down, looks like NVC is done scheduling interviews for this month but not one Jordanian scheduled for interview. I just don't know what else to do

Timeline

They are done for September as well. Unfortunately all other embassies are fine except for the one in Jordan which CR1 IV visa interviews are suspended indifinitly. The NVC has the key to getting CR1 cases scheduled.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.