SamWiSam

Amman Jordan - Spouse Interview

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I have not seen a single post for an interview "Spouse Visa" at the embassy in Amman lately :cry:

please let me know if you have any information regarding the current Case Completed Dates that have been scheduled for interviews.

Best of luck to all.

Original SD : 01/23/2015

Check List : 04/01/2015

New SD : 04/09/2015

Case Completed: 05/07/2015

Interview Date: 11/10/2015

Timeline

There's a few on The I-130 Facebook group but I don't see many on here a guy on Facebook got a case complete on April 28th and he said he was still waiting for an interview .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Did you try over in this part of the forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/134-ir-1-cr-1-spouse-visa-case-filing-and-progress-reports/

In July 2015 interviews and scan dates/case complete/interview thread, etc, members are keeping track of this information via spreadsheets. You can view them and check if someone else is at the same stage you are. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

After case complete they schedule interviews for Amman the first week of the month for the following month. So let's just say that tomorrow you get case complete, the first week in July they will schedule your interview for sometime in August. If you look at my timeline we got case complete May 9, 2012, my husband's interview was scheduled the first week in June 2012 for July 16, 2012. Not a lot of cases come through VJ for Amman, but I have friends who interviewed not long ago in Amman for a CR-1 and their interview was scheduled the same way ours was after case complete. Good luck!!!

Timeline

Thank you all for your replies, unfortunately no news yet on our interview date :cry:

I believe the delay is largely due to the fact that the Embassy in Amman is the hub not just for Jordanian Citizens, but also for the citizens of Syria, Iraq and now Yemen.

What is frustrating is that NVC does not provide any data regarding up to what CC dates have been scheduled as if it is top secret info, it is very hard to schedule anything, your life is put on hold !!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thank you all for your replies, unfortunately no news yet on our interview date :cry:

I believe the delay is largely due to the fact that the Embassy in Amman is the hub not just for Jordanian Citizens, but also for the citizens of Syria, Iraq and now Yemen.

What is frustrating is that NVC does not provide any data regarding up to what CC dates have been scheduled as if it is top secret info, it is very hard to schedule anything, your life is put on hold !!!

When we applied Syria and Iraq were going through Amman, it didn;t seem to hold us up. It does put your life on hold and the waiting can be excruciating. I feel your pain. Keep us updated

Timeline

Update : No interview date yet, it does not look good for July, according to the NVC Rep "a lot of case transfer requests are coming in from Yemen to Amman"

Timeline

it has been confirmed, all July interviews has been scheduled, awaiting the August schedule :reading:

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Guys, you are not alone, mine was completed on May 3rd and still no interview date yet. This is so frustrating especially when seeing other members in other countries already got their visas. Seems that the post in Jordan is having major delays.

Timeline

I have been calling everyday, no luck yet, there has to be something that can be done, we are all entitled for an explanation, it would be 5-months waiting for an interview if we don't make the August patch, that is unheard of even in India with a population of 2.25 Billion compared to Jordan's 6.5 Million , even if you consider .001% of the population is applying for an immigration visa still mind boggling.

I was told yesterday by the NVC rep that round 1 has been completed for August they will get to round 2 next week.

I know one member with CC on March 23rd still waiting for an interview date.

I am seriously thinking about emailing the US Ambassador in Amman just to make me feel that I have done something instead of waiting.

Edited by SamWiSam

Timeline

I agree with you. A friend of mine had his case for his dad completed on April 7 and he got the interview appointment letter from the NVC on May 7 and his Dad was interviewed on Jun 30th and got a visa approval. This is insane and does not make any sense. The only thing that his case was different than mine was that his dad's priority date was in September 2013 but he delayed the case since his dad did not want to come. He had to convince him to come for over a year. Seems like NVC does not favor spouses of US citizens to get reunited with their loved ones. They also keep saying no timeframe on the interview date. Today I called, and a supervisor said that I will have to wait several months before I can get an appointment letter for Amman Jordan US embassy. This is insane. Getting a 5 minutes interview takes months in most advanced country every... Sounds like we are back to the stone age to me. Very frustrated....

Timeline

Asked them the same question several times and they said no and confirmed that they go by the cc date. From my friend experience compared to mine, it seems that they pick and choose and they don't treat cases fairly and my friend mentioned that the priority date is the key. I am confused. A supervisor one time said that she can't answer such question since she does not know how they schedule cases. She said that they might do it in the order cases get completed or by the country for each case. Amman post seems to be treating Syrians Iraqis and Yemeni applicants different than local Jordanian applicants unfortunately.

Asked them the same question several times and they said no and confirmed that they go by the cc date. From my friend experience compared to mine, it seems that they pick and choose and they don't treat cases fairly and my friend mentioned that the priority date is the key. I am confused. A supervisor one time said that she can't answer such question since she does not know how they schedule cases. She said that they might do it in the order cases get completed or by the country for each case. Amman post seems to be treating Syrians, Iraqis and Yemeni applicants different than local Jordanian applicants unfortunately.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.