joanne3010

NVC expedite request accept - now what?

16 posts in this topic

Thank you so much to hose who replied to my previous thread, just got the email the NVC have accepted our request and are going to expedite our case at this particular stage. The email says:

"Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigrant visa petition: LNDXXXXXX filed by A XXXXX on behalf of J YYYYYY.

The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General has accepted this case for expedited processing. This file will be immediately forwarded to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General. Any further questions concerning processing or the interview appointment date should be directed to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General.

Please note that the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General may still request additional forms or fees at the time of your interview. Please be prepared to submit any missing forms and pay any required fees at the time of your interview."

The stage we are at right now is we submitted our supporting anf financial docs on May 20th and were waiting for them to be looked at and processed, then sent to the Embassy in London so I can then arrange my medical and interview. I read this to say that they wont even be looking at my docs, they will just be packing it all off to the Embassy in London and it will all then be processed there. Does that sound about right? So do I now wait for the Embassy to contact me and tell me I can schedule my medical?

Edited by Penguin_ie

You can track the process through https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=o/iS8zDpeAKjMWCuebHqOw; once status says READY you can give the Embassy a call for further instructions.

Thanks for the reply, but all the case update says is I need to follow the instructions sent to me by NVC. I was more looking for what would happen next, eg will I be contacted by the embassy about when to book my medical. I understand these questions can probably get a bit tedious for people to reply to!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Congrats told you it would work out, in the next few days if they haven't already they'll schedule an appointment for you and send you an appointment letter, if you got an email about the expedite approval you can use that if you'd like but you can go ahead and schedule your medical yourself so you can get it taken care of in case the interview gets scheduled sooner then you expect . The embassy's website should have some info on who handles the medicals in your country .

It will say that in the updae, then it will change to "in transit" and then it will change to "ready" In my case I was able to schedule my own appointment once it said ready. I scheduled fingerprints appt and interview with them, in the Dominican Republic you do not need and appointment for medical, but I know every country is different. SO just wait until it says ready to contact the embassy for further instructions :)

Timeline

You will want to start contacting the embassy now because once the case leaves the nvc they have no concern with it anymore . Glad everything worked out .

Thank you! I feel so relieved! So I don't need to wait for any contact from anybody to schedule my medical? I'll email the embassy tonight and see what they say too.

Timeline

No usually most people take the interview letter and the other things passport, pictures so on and schedule it themselves embassy's don't bother with scheduling it for you . I'd probably give them a call once you know the case has officially got there that way you can find out when your appointment will be if the nvc hasn't scheduled it yet for you before they send it .

Good point Shauneg, I'll try edit it.

Just a quick question, whereabouts will it updated to say "ready" - on the Visa status check link frias1983 provided, or on my own Immigrant Visa sign in page that the NVC gave me, the one where we logged in to pay our fees, submit our DS-260 etc.

Yeah I didn't think they scheduled it for me, I just wasn't sure if the case had to have reached a certain stage before I was allowed to schedule it. So I'd need to wait for my interview letter?

Thanks for the reply, but all the case update says is I need to follow the instructions sent to me by NVC. I was more looking for what would happen next, eg will I be contacted by the embassy about when to book my medical. I understand these questions can probably get a bit tedious for people to reply to!

Each embassy is different so experiences from other countries won't be useful.

****LONDON****

Can't call them. Any phone number you find will NOT be the people who can answer your questions.

You are going to flip from NVC processing to Consular processing. You may have already done part of the instructions, but have a read over your instructions and see what you are supposed to do now. Read all the links and things that say "click here" or you may miss details.

INSTRUCTIONS http://london.usembassy.gov/iv/iv_application_instructions.html

Basically the embassy may send you a letter of instruction but because you are switching processes, you could fall through the cracks. no worries. You don't need the letter giving you the website for your instructions. I already gave you that. Letter is needed for nothing.

Check the CEAC status with your LNDxxxxxxx number. It has been finicky lately But hopefully will show Ready In a week or so. That means the file is in London and you can get on with the instructions.

To get an interview they need

1) DS-260 submitted online. You may have already done it.

2) Medical results received at embassy

3) Online 'Readiness for Interview' form submitted.

Then you wait on an interview letter. All documents like birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc go to the interview with you. You do not mail them. If something already went to NVC, then it's in your folder and will be already there waiting for you. Nobody reviews anything until interview day.

If you have your police report and shot records then you can go ahead and get a medical appointment. They will ask your LND number. They may ask your interview date thinking you are like the NVC processes. Tell them you don't have one because you are skipping NVC and won't get an interview assigned until they get the medical results. Just tell them anything to assure them it's ok you make an appointment.

Do not pick an appointment for a few days from now. Set it out a week to 10 days allowing your file to make it to London.

I will add some links for you later. If I leave this screen to find the link, it sometimes refreshes and I lose all written. Already happened with the first try at replying to you. UGH. Posting now. look for additional links from me.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Good point Shauneg, I'll try edit it.

Just a quick question, whereabouts will it updated to say "ready" - on the Visa status check link frias1983 provided, or on my own Immigrant Visa sign in page that the NVC gave me, the one where we logged in to pay our fees, submit our DS-260 etc.

Yeah I didn't think they scheduled it for me, I just wasn't sure if the case had to have reached a certain stage before I was allowed to schedule it. So I'd need to wait for my interview letter?

you will it at the NVC website...once it says in transit it will say the NVC already scheduled your appointment...do not go by that, that is just a generic message that the system generates...like I said u just wait till system says ready to schedule appointment.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ceac status changes, often,

so when

it flips to 'ready',

the IV Unit in London is ready to schedule the interview. Once the IV Unit is ready in this exact phase, you should be prepared and ready to hand over all documents that NVC did not add to the casefile during NVC doc intake.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.