lostinblue

Fatal police shootings in 2015 approaching 400 nationwide

113 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Algebra is the national language of Algeria.

Got it, first try, si man.

Sorry, but algebra refers to items of women's underwear made from any of a very large and diverse group of eukaryotic organisms, ranging from unicellular genera such as Chlorella and the diatoms to multicellular forms such as the giant kelp.

:whistle:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Tantumodo in regionalibus colloquiis aliter atque Anglice loquimini! Reported!!!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Glad to see that you, at least, can read. ;)

"Three times the rate" is not the same as "three times as many", when the base proportions are not of equal quantity. Math, with the exceptions of algebra and calculus, is pretty simple, really. :hehe:

It's amazing how you feel the sentence Marv highlighted does not prove blacks are being killed at a disproportionately rate because the base "proportions" are not equal quantity but this exact same equation is used to say blacks commit more crimes. <_<

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Obviously the numbers should be compared with the criminal population not the total population.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

It's amazing how you feel the sentence Marv highlighted does not prove blacks are being killed at a disproportionately rate because the base "proportions" are not equal quantity but this exact same equation is used to say blacks commit more crimes. <_<

He doesn't care about that. He sits at home reading and waiting for folks to make a simple mistake in wording and then he pounces. It does wonders for his self esteem. :lol:

Obviously the numbers should be compared with the criminal population not the total population.

So you agree information is unfairly skewed when it comes to the black population and crime?

He doesn't care about that. He sits at home reading and waiting for folks to make a simple mistake in wording and then he pounces. It does wonders for his self esteem. :lol:

If it makes him sleep at night. :lol:

Timeline

What's amazing is that you can draw your erroneous conclusion based on no evidence whatsoever, other than your wish to ascribe a racist connotation to my pointing out someone else's misinterpretation of the OP article. :mellow:

However, it is remarkable that you jump in to defend Marvin, who needed no defending, rather than Teddy, to whom my original correction was directed. <_<

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

I care that the argument is right and is won on its merits. You, apparently, don't. :no:

I ought to be surprised, but then I remember that this is VJ's CEHST Pit and that accurate representation here died years ago, killed by carelessness and sensationalism. :(

If it makes him sleep at night. :lol:

Nah, I sleep at night because I have a comfy bed and the better half doesn't fidget (too much). ;)

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Why are white women almost twice as likely to be killed by a cop vs black women?

It is 9 WW to 5 BW - small sample but about the same ratio as WM to BM (171 to 100)

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

I care that the argument is right and is won on its merits. You, apparently, don't. :no:

I ought to be surprised, but then I remember that this is VJ's CEHST Pit and that accurate representation here died years ago, killed by carelessness and sensationalism. :(

Nah, I sleep at night because I have a comfy bed and the better half doesn't fidget (too much). ;)

Hogwash, you didn't even touch on the aspects of the study, and you still haven't. Your only point in posting was to point out that I made a mistake in wording (and a very minor one at that). Which is fine if that's how you roll, but at least own it. You've made 6 posts in this thread so far and everyone of them hinges off the wording mistake I made, not one addresses the content in the study. So don't pretend that you're making some contribution to the content here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm surprised you posted this lib, it shows a prejudice by police towards minorities. Are the oxygen levels ok in the bunker?

●About half the victims were white, half minority. But the demographics shifted sharply among the unarmed victims, two-thirds of whom were black or Hispanic. Overall, blacks were killed at three times the rate of whites or other minorities when adjusting by the population of the census tracts where the shootings occurred.

84% of those shot were carrying weapons, plus another 13 had toy guns. That leaves a total of 36 people that were killed that had no weapon at all, 12 of those were white, 24 were not. They lumped in Hispanic and Blacks in the 2/3 quote so we do not know how those are divided up. .

I wish they had not lumped it in a minority/non-minority in some of their numbers.These numbers do not imply a white/minority skewing they show a black/non-black skewing.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

One noncontributory post removed. The bickering stops now.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

What's amazing is that you can draw your erroneous conclusion based on no evidence whatsoever, other than your wish to ascribe a racist connotation to my pointing out someone else's misinterpretation of the OP article. :mellow:

However, it is remarkable that you jump in to defend Marvin, who needed no defending, rather than Teddy, to whom my original correction was directed. <_<

I jumped to "defend" no one. I made a point. I asked a question about something you stated. Thank you very much.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Didn't you see that police officer beating that white woman? Marv posted it a while back. Some people commented she deserved it because her hair was dyed.

That was just racist. You do know black women come in a variety of colors, like skittles.

Skittle colors = different flavors. Any further comments on the above you would like to share?

Edited by Expat1