HafsaJawwad

Really need advice

30 posts in this topic

I'm sorry I don't know which topic to post this in but I'm feeling so desperate to talk to anyone. I applied for my fiancé last year and am still waiting. He can't get here and I cannot visit him in his country. I haven't seen him in over a year and I'm starting to wonder how we can even get married.

We are planning to meet up in a third country to get married/live for a while. I am trying to get a job as a teacher in some place like Dubai, Turkey, or Malaysia. Have any Pakistanis had luck getting visas to visit these places? I'm hoping he can at least visit me so that we can get married and then we can figure out staying long term.

I'm just not settled in U.S. I lost my job. I can't afford a place to live. I don't want to be in the U.S. Anymore. I want to get married and be with my husband. Being apart from him is just killing me and I can't wait one more day for this visa.

Any advice on which countries Pakistani citizens can travel to easily and we would be able to get married in would be so very much appreciated. I feel so lost.

I know the distance is hard. I, myself was planning a career change and getting a job in dubai. I'm in finance and I heard about opportunities in finance in dubai but then it occurred to me that we can't live in dubai because once my wife's visa is approved she will HAVE to be a US resident. So at that point we'd have to move back to the US anyway. So we just decided that I will take time off work and go live in pakistan with her for a while. It's just so hard to take time off and be off work with no income.. -_- but will have to do. The security situation in pakistan isn't bad. Ok. it's not that bad. You just keep a low profile and enjoy. I think dubai is a great idea for you guys- esp considering careers... but if you guys just wanna be together and don't care about money rolling in right now you can easily live off your savings in a place like sri lanka. It's tropical, the beaches, the fruits... it's such an underrated spot for long vacations. Very cheap and relatively safe- granted if you can live together without getting married.

Also, you might wanna try the NY-Pakistan embassy. I've seen them giving tough time to applicants from such places or backgrounds as Israel or India. What is your background? ie. where were you born and your parents? Anytime I've needed a visa for pakistan I've gotten it within the same day. It's just a matter of filling out the papers and paying the fees. They let you collect your passport with the visa, the same day.

IR-1/CR-1

NOA-1 December 16, 2014

REF- June 24, 2015 ---------------190 days since NOA 1

RFE Respond- July 5, 2015 ----

NOA- 2 July 24, 2015 ------------- 220 days since NOA 1

NVC Sent- August 04, 2015 ----- 11 days since NOA 2

NVC Rcvd- August 18, 2015 ---- 14 days later
Case ID & IIN obtained- August 21, 2015 (over phone)

DS 261 completed- August 25, 2015

AOS Paid- August 25, 2015

Documents Sent- September 28

IV Paid- September 28, 2015

Document Scan- October 2, 2015

DS 260 Completed- October 5, 2015

Case Complete- October 29, 2015 --------- 27 days since Case Complete

Interview Scheduled- November 14, 2015 (Interview date- December 15, 2015)

Medical Done- November 23, 2015

Interview- December 15, 2015

Result- Need joint sponsor. Liquid assets not accepted.

... Looking for joint sponsor now.

Visa In Hand- .....

POE- .....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

u want to get marry in dubai or any third world country but u applied for K1 visa and its on AP now once you get marry your fihance wont be able to come states on K1 visa.....

getting married in dubai you need your parents approval letter ..... with attested from UAE embassy US

become a teacher you require some certain degree without it you wont be able to be a teacher here you need to get attested your degree from UAE embassy also you can see the teacher requirement demand in american school in Dubai write them email they will help you...

i am also from pakistan and my wife is native white female american i was living and working in dubai before she comed here and settledown but we suffrred alot to get married here but my wife she does not like dubai.

anything about dubai my wife can help u she is in states u can call her to get info about dubai.

Yeah we know that the K1 would be invalid. We were just thinking that with this AP we could be waiting years. So if we have to wait that long anyways then we should just wait married and together. We would apply for CR1.

I've been applying for jobs and just asking every single person I know for help/info. I just am hoping something can work out soon. My heart hurts so much.

Timeline

I know the distance is hard. I, myself was planning a career change and getting a job in dubai. I'm in finance and I heard about opportunities in finance in dubai but then it occurred to me that we can't live in dubai because once my wife's visa is approved she will HAVE to be a US resident. So at that point we'd have to move back to the US anyway. So we just decided that I will take time off work and go live in pakistan with her for a while. It's just so hard to take time off and be off work with no income.. -_- but will have to do. The security situation in pakistan isn't bad. Ok. it's not that bad. You just keep a low profile and enjoy. I think dubai is a great idea for you guys- esp considering careers... but if you guys just wanna be together and don't care about money rolling in right now you can easily live off your savings in a place like sri lanka. It's tropical, the beaches, the fruits... it's such an underrated spot for long vacations. Very cheap and relatively safe- granted if you can live together without getting married.

Also, you might wanna try the NY-Pakistan embassy. I've seen them giving tough time to applicants from such places or backgrounds as Israel or India. What is your background? ie. where were you born and your parents? Anytime I've needed a visa for pakistan I've gotten it within the same day. It's just a matter of filling out the papers and paying the fees. They let you collect your passport with the visa, the same day.

I live in Georgia and it says my consulate is Houston. The past two applications I sent them they denied it after weeks of waiting and not telling me anything. Whenever I called they wouldn't pick up. When I emailed them they don't reply or they just say that the visa is being processed.

My background is American. My parents are American. Grandparents are American. Great grandparents are American. Way way back I have some relatives from Europe. No ties to India or Israel. I'm also Muslim

Concert.

Some people said that I should not have mentioned my fiancé and that they think that's the reason for the denial.

Could I still go to the NY consulate to apply there if my consulate is supposed to be Houston?

I live in Georgia and it says my consulate is Houston. The past two applications I sent them they denied it after weeks of waiting and not telling me anything. Whenever I called they wouldn't pick up. When I emailed them they don't reply or they just say that the visa is being processed.

My background is American. My parents are American. Grandparents are American. Great grandparents are American. Way way back I have some relatives from Europe. No ties to India or Israel. I'm also Muslim

Concert.

Some people said that I should not have mentioned my fiancé and that they think that's the reason for the denial.

Could I still go to the NY consulate to apply there if my consulate is supposed to be Houston?

I think so.

Here are a few links.

Visa application. http://pakistanconsulateny.org/PDF/visa-form.pdf

I think what will help you is if you have a friend in pakistan (preferably female) write you an invitation for a visit. State that you would like to go visit the northern areas of Gilgit and Hunza Valley. Here's a link to a video of this tourist spot where many Europeans visit. I'd say, get familiar with the places of interest such as the Serena Hotel in gilgit where you could say you plan to stay and maybe even get a reservation. The hotel is like $30 a night.

There's a beautiful man made lake which has grown into a huge huge lake called the Attabad Lake and many people from europe and americas wish to visit it.

Here's their number (embassy) 212-879-5800 call them first and inquire what you'll need. Call between 10-12 in the morning. And when you apply, do it in person. It's possible that when they see you appear in person they'll be more inclined to ask you any concerns of theirs rather then simply denying an application that came in the mail. What;s most important is that you show proof of financials, enough to cover your trip. I'm guessing around $5k in your bank should be sufficient. A letter from a "friend" on official paper as stated on the website http://pakistanconsulateny.org/index.php?section=consul_visa_visit.html

and information of their studies and/ or job and yours. Basically, they want to ascertain that you are going of a legitimate purpose and not with a secret agenda. I wouldn't mention a fiance as you know in Islamic tradition man and woman can not socialize before marriage so this reason, I would simply omit. Your best bet is to apply for a tourism visa and make them believe that you are interested in visiting the beautiful valleys of the north where a lot of people do go.

I am curious about one thing if you don't mind me asking. When you converted did you change your full name? Hafsa Jawed doesn't sound like a European name. And how did you meet your fiance? Good luck with your attempt to reunite with your fiance. I hope this information I provided helps you guys =)

IR-1/CR-1

NOA-1 December 16, 2014

Visa In Hand- .....

POE- .....

Timeline

I think so.

Here are a few links.

I think what will help you is if you have a friend in pakistan (preferably female) write you an invitation for a visit. State that you would like to go visit the northern areas of Gilgit and Hunza Valley. Here's a link to a video of this tourist spot where many Europeans visit. I'd say, get familiar with the places of interest such as the Serena Hotel in gilgit where you could say you plan to stay and maybe even get a reservation. The hotel is like $30 a night.

There's a beautiful man made lake which has grown into a huge huge lake called the Attabad Lake and many people from europe and americas wish to visit it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YgtlW1v9Zc

Here's their number (embassy) 212-879-5800 call them first and inquire what you'll need. Call between 10-12 in the morning. And when you apply, do it in person. It's possible that when they see you appear in person they'll be more inclined to ask you any concerns of theirs rather then simply denying an application that came in the mail. What;s most important is that you show proof of financials, enough to cover your trip. I'm guessing around $5k in your bank should be sufficient. A letter from a "friend" on official paper as stated on the website http://pakistanconsulateny.org/index.php?section=consul_visa_visit.html

and information of their studies and/ or job and yours. Basically, they want to ascertain that you are going of a legitimate purpose and not with a secret agenda. I wouldn't mention a fiance as you know in Islamic tradition man and woman can not socialize before marriage so this reason, I would simply omit. Your best bet is to apply for a tourism visa and make them believe that you are interested in visiting the beautiful valleys of the north where a lot of people do go.

I am curious about one thing if you don't mind me asking. When you converted did you change your full name? Hafsa Jawed doesn't sound like a European name. And how did you meet your fiance? Good luck with your attempt to reunite with your fiance. I hope this information I provided helps you guys =)

5k? I barely have $5 so that would definitely be an issue for me I think. could I get my mom to be a kind of co sponsor?

I could have his sister write a letter maybe and just not mention that I have w fiancé. I thought that having a fiancé would be even more reason to visit. I know its traditional country of course but we haven't done anything wrong and we never stay together alone. I'm always there with his parents and siblings too.

I met my fiancé online. Actually when I first applied to visit I said this upfront and told them I'm going to meet a guy I met online and to be engaged. That's why I never understood why going to visit my fiancé would be an issue. Why can I go for meeting a guy online but when he is my fiancé then it's not okay?

I didn't legally change my name but I use the name Hafsa. Jawwad is my fiancé name.

Thank you so so very much for your help and advice. I definitely have a lot to think about. It's overwhelming.

Timeline

I think so.

Here are a few links.

There's a beautiful man made lake which has grown into a huge huge lake called the Attabad Lake and many people from europe and americas wish to visit it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YgtlW1v9Zc

What about saying I'm going for getting married? Would they be more accepting of that??

What about saying I'm going for getting married? Would they be more accepting of that??

You might have to provide evidence that his and yours family have agreed upon and that you have friends or family there who will welcome you there and marry you off. I would go the tourism route. I'm only making educated guesses here based on what I know is common tradition in Pakistan. If you do things that in a way that's familiar to them then they will more likely grant you visa. My guess. Good luck.

IR-1/CR-1

NOA-1 December 16, 2014

Visa In Hand- .....

POE- .....

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

where do ur fiance lives in pakistan ... pls remember this if pakistan is not issuing ur visa its mean they have security concern do not put ur life in danger if ur fiance family is strong financially and politically then go to pakistan otherwise visit him in any non muslim country and spend some time with him..... and wait for his AP to be finish

Timeline

You might have to provide evidence that his and yours family have agreed upon and that you have friends or family there who will welcome you there and marry you off. I would go the tourism route. I'm only making educated guesses here based on what I know is common tradition in Pakistan. If you do things that in a way that's familiar to them then they will more likely grant you visa. My guess. Good luck.

Yeah I don't have any other friends or family there :/ just my fiancé and his family.

Timeline

where do ur fiance lives in pakistan ... pls remember this if pakistan is not issuing ur visa its mean they have security concern do not put ur life in danger if ur fiance family is strong financially and politically then go to pakistan otherwise visit him in any non muslim country and spend some time with him..... and wait for his AP to be finish

He lives in Karachi. I know a lot of stuff happens there. I left just a week before the airport was attached last year. And the bus shooting just happened. But he lives in a decent area of Karachi.

I'm trying to see where can be visit. My other concern is him getting a visa. I dunno how easily he could get a visa to England? He does have family there he could visit. And I could meet him there easily.

He is just so concerned about getting visa and money that he isn't really wanting to try that.

You really need to tap the breaks and just wait two or three more months. I know how much you are missing him right now; it hurts. But I'm not sure if you have a stable end plan even if he gets a visa to a third country. From what I've seen, travel these next two months have gotten rather expensive. If money is an issue for him and you, then your best bet is waiting. I'm sorry about the AP, but maybe this is what you two need? When we pray over our visa, we pray for our visa to be issued at the perfect time - not necessarily right now. Maybe this AP will give you a chance to get a new position and/or allow him a chance to get a job in a third country. UAE is a fine country; however, you will need to start the US visa process all over again after you get married and/or move. The spousal visa takes a lot more time and you may have a difficult time proving domicile if you both are in UAE. Also, if some emergency happens, you may not have a good cushion for you two to use or to travel on.

Don't make any decisions until this process is finished. You may get the visa in another two or three months or maybe even less time. Then any money you spend now on visa fees and travel would have been lost in a pointless endeavor. Discuss how long you and he want to wait before thinking about taking any action. For example, wait three months. If he is still in AP, then yes, maybe moving is more feasible. But by then, he may be able to have moved and/or you have another job and/or he has his visa. In the meantime, you can research different countries and get the most information, but don't think this is a life and death situation. Right now it's just a tough position to be in.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

what does he do?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

He lives in Karachi. I know a lot of stuff happens there. I left just a week before the airport was attached last year. And the bus shooting just happened. But he lives in a decent area of Karachi.

I'm trying to see where can be visit. My other concern is him getting a visa. I dunno how easily he could get a visa to England? He does have family there he could visit. And I could meet him there easily.

He is just so concerned about getting visa and money that he isn't really wanting to try that.

getting UK visa is hard depends on case to case i would say to visit Sri Lanka its good and cheaper then dubai

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Could he get a transfer with his job?

I would second Sri Lnka.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.