Haseo

Question about F1, F11 & F12 Visa Category

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I just recently signed up though I always visit this forum for answers few months back but this time, it seems that I can't find what I'm looking for.

Our visa category is F1 (Family-based, not the student one), Unmarried Son/Daughter of US Citizen, and our original interview was on May 13. My mother was already interviewed on that day, btw, she is the principal applicant and I'm a derivative and not interviewed yet since I have to undergo sputum test, so here are my questions:

1. When I logged in to ustraveldocs to reschedule my interview online and came to the point where you need to select a visa category, there's no option for F1, all I can see is the F11, but seems to be the same as F1, so are these visa categories just the same?

2. On my scenario where I'm just the one, as a derivative applicant, who needs to reschedule my appointment, should it be safe to choose the F12 visa (child of F11), of course if the answer to Q#1 is yes or should I just choose F11 as well?

3. Does choosing the right visa category for rescheduling online vital? (I just asked cause I tought they already have these info but still, I'm afraid to make mistakes)

It may sound like I already know the answer but I'm not really sure since I'm just new to these things, so I'm asking for your guidance and clarify things up.

Timeline

Thank you for the answers.

As for the retrogression, yes we are affected because our PD is Oct2001, but thankfully, my mom's visa was already issued at the end of May and on it's way.

I'm still waiting for the 2-month culture till July 22, so hopefully next month, our PD will become current.

One thing I'm worried is my uncle, his interview will be on June 29 but has the same PD as ours, do you think he'll be allowed to proceed with his interview considering that the cut-off date will change next month and hoping it to be current as well?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For June VB, current PD for F1 Phils is 01MAR00.

Usually when retrogression hits, the PD will move slowly on the succeeding months so I doubt it will advance to your PD.

Timeline

For June VB, current PD for F1 Phils is 01MAR00.

Usually when retrogression hits, the PD will move slowly on the succeeding months so I doubt it will advance to your PD.

Thanks, but I'm still hoping for it to jump a year or 2 next month, do you know when will they release the visa bulletin for July?

Timeline

UPDATE: My mom already received her visa a while back and F11 is what is written on the category so thanks for all the help, and last question, does she need to renew her NBI clearance cause it will expire June 5, is NBI needed on airport or she's good?

Timeline

UPDATE: My mom already received her visa a while back and F11 is what is written on the category so thanks for all the help, and last question, does she need to renew her NBI clearance cause it will expire June 5, is NBI needed on airport or she's good?

She doesn't need to renew anything. She needs to attend the PDOS seminar to get the CFO sticker and the petitioner needs to pay the $165 immigrant fee before her flight.

Timeline

Ok, I'm gonna ask them (persons who support us) if they're aware of the $165 and thanks for the reminder.

I think I'm gonna ask this while I'm on it, I've been reading several threads that it's okay for the principal applicant to go first to the US, so that's the plan, one thing I'm not sure is, do I need any document or something else from my mom before she leave or I'm already good?

Sorry apple21 for frequently asking, but I really appreciate all your efforts on answering my questions. And btw, I think you're Filipino? The fact that you knew nbi, pdos, etc.

Timeline

You don't need anything else from your mom. But for your interview you'll need to bring pictures of you together with your petitioner and your mom as proof of bonafide relationship.

Yes, I'm Filipino. ??

• 7 months later...

Hi! Just want to ask, did you get yout visa already after retrogression? What other procedure did you do? Like re-medical, new cenomar, re-interview, received letter from embassy etc. please answer. We have same situation, i was interviewed last may 27,2015 then pd retrogressed. Then waiting time. my pd may be current next month. Thanks

Timeline

Hi! Just want to ask, did you get yout visa already after retrogression? What other procedure did you do? Like re-medical, new cenomar, re-interview, received letter from embassy etc. please answer. We have same situation, i was interviewed last may 27,2015 then pd retrogressed. Then waiting time. my pd may be current next month. Thanks

I don't have my visa yet coz I'm still waiting for the result of my sputum culture again, but if your pd becomes current next month, then renew all your expired documents including your medical. I registered online again on slec and didn't set my interview yet. I'm planning to do that when I'm all cleared from medical. If they will be needing the letter from embassy to repeat the medical, if you have, then bring it, else just bring your last interview letter. Also bring your vaccination record you got from your last medical. Again you should renew any expiring documents you need for your visa application.

Thank you for the response. One more thing, did you receive a letter coming form the embassy stating that you need them to send back before they issue you the visa? If ever, When did you receive the letter? is it on the month before your pd or after.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.