acskas

Anxiously waiting for approval!

25 posts in this topic

Hi guys, so I checked uscis website yesterday and a RFE was mailed out yesterday!

At what point do they ask me for affidavit of support, my saving account? I know I was missing my fiance passport pic and his letter of intent... i didn't send any financial information with my initial application... please advise!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

The Affidavit won't be needed until after the Approval. You will send it to your fiance to include in the packet they send or bring to the embassy depending on the embassy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I have no idea why your thing here says E1 but your timeline says K1. Now that I know you are doing K1, REALLY don't hold your breath. YOu can see that pretty much nobody gets to an approval that fast. It was 10 months for us. What country is the beneficiary from? That matters.

Does it really matter what country the beneficiary is from? I noticed other timelines similar to mine from the same country it just varied depending on what serviece center it went through......

Does it really matter what country the beneficiary is from? I noticed other timelines similar to mine from the same country it just varied depending on what serviece center it went through......

No, people like to throw conspiracy theories around about people's backgrounds, but it doesn't matter what country they are from. The only exception would be the Philippines, who are usually expedited due to the typhoon back in 2013. It's 100% dependent on which service center your case lays with. Mine took 254 days before an approval with TSC and Sweden is considered a very low-fraud country.

K-1 Journey: 309 days from received to POE (TSC)

[september 11, 2014] - I-129F received by USCIS

[september 15, 2014] - NOA1
[May 27, 2015] - NOA2
[July 9, 2015] - I N T E R V I E W! (APPROVED!)
[July 13, 2015] - Issued
[July 14, 2015] - Visa in hand
[July 16, 2015] - POE JFK

AOS Journey: 169 days from received to GC in hand (NSC)

Spoiler

[July 17, 2015] - Successfully applied for SSN

[July 18, 2015] - Sent out AOS package

[July 21, 2015] - Received

[July 24, 2015] - NOA1 (3x)

[August 18, 2015] - Biometrics

[september 19, 2015] - EAD/AP approval (63 days)

[september 24, 2015] - EAD/AP Received

[January 6, 2016] - Green Card approved without interview(166 days)

[January 12, 2016] - Received Green Card

ROC journey starts: October 2017

ROC Journey: 419 days (VSC)

[October 30, 2017] - Sent package

[November 3, 2017] - NOA1

[November 18, 2017] - Biometrics letter received

[December 5, 2017] - Biometrics

[December 18, 2018] - Card is being produced (no interview)

[December 22, 2018] - Received Green Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

No, people like to throw conspiracy theories around about people's backgrounds, but it doesn't matter what country they are from. The only exception would be the Philippines, who are usually expedited due to the typhoon back in 2013. It's 100% dependent on which service center your

You should probably just heed Sandra's advice since she is apparently a know it all. The initial NVC stage will take longer through the TSC these days, we've got that. As you can probably see from the differences between our timeline and Sandra's, she waited 40ish days for an interview at the consulate, while we waited almost 200. This is after the initial approval from USCIS. Once the case is sent to the consulate, you are dealing with the department of state and they are very serious about the risk of permitting visas for potential "terrorists". Ours initially went through TSC too, although much faster than Sandra's but the consular stage was much longer for us. Bottom line is that there is no predicting this beast. Just hang on and enjoy the ride, although it becomes much more enjoyable after your fiance is actually in the country.

You should probably just heed Sandra's advice since she is apparently a know it all. The initial NVC stage will take longer through the TSC these days, we've got that. As you can probably see from the differences between our timeline and Sandra's, she waited 40ish days for an interview at the consulate, while we waited almost 200. This is after the initial approval from USCIS. Once the case is sent to the consulate, you are dealing with the department of state and they are very serious about the risk of permitting visas for potential "terrorists". Ours initially went through TSC too, although much faster than Sandra's but the consular stage was much longer for us. Bottom line is that there is no predicting this beast. Just hang on and enjoy the ride, although it becomes much more enjoyable after your fiance is actually in the country.

I definitely did not claim to be a "know it all", just speaking from the experiences I've encountered here and from friends I've made here. Also, I was simply referring to the timeline of receiving NOA2, as the OP was talking about countries vs service centers. Once you are approved, no service centers are involved, which was my point. Anything can happen between the USCIS to DoS stage, and we were incredibly lucky with how fast everything went.

K-1 Journey: 309 days from received to POE (TSC)

[september 11, 2014] - I-129F received by USCIS

[september 15, 2014] - NOA1
[May 27, 2015] - NOA2
[July 9, 2015] - I N T E R V I E W! (APPROVED!)
[July 13, 2015] - Issued
[July 14, 2015] - Visa in hand
[July 16, 2015] - POE JFK

AOS Journey: 169 days from received to GC in hand (NSC)

Spoiler

[July 17, 2015] - Successfully applied for SSN

[July 18, 2015] - Sent out AOS package

[July 21, 2015] - Received

[July 24, 2015] - NOA1 (3x)

[August 18, 2015] - Biometrics

[september 19, 2015] - EAD/AP approval (63 days)

[september 24, 2015] - EAD/AP Received

[January 6, 2016] - Green Card approved without interview(166 days)

[January 12, 2016] - Received Green Card

ROC journey starts: October 2017

ROC Journey: 419 days (VSC)

[October 30, 2017] - Sent package

[November 3, 2017] - NOA1

[November 18, 2017] - Biometrics letter received

[December 5, 2017] - Biometrics

[December 18, 2018] - Card is being produced (no interview)

[December 22, 2018] - Received Green Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.