zuluweta

Asian Immigrants Becoming US Citizens at High Rate

56 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Those folks come here and work for almost nothing and live in squalor.

You are poorly informed or have been given bad information. I live in Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. We have illegals stand on corners near gas stations or Home Depots for work each day, Most are from Mexico and some are from Honduras and other places.

These guy will not work for less than $12 per hour plus free lunch, and since this is cash it like getting an extra $2 per hour since no taxes.

I see landscape companies, Painting, Sheetrock and texture small companies ran by illegals picking up illegals on the corners each day, Don't fool yourself and think these poor people are working for almost nothing.......

You are poorly informed or have been given bad information. I live in Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. We have illegals stand on corners near gas stations or Home Depots for work each day, Most are from Mexico and some are from Honduras and other places.

These guy will not work for less than $12 per hour plus free lunch, and since this is cash it like getting an extra $2 per hour since no taxes.

I see landscape companies, Painting, Sheetrock and texture small companies ran by illegals picking up illegals on the corners each day, Don't fool yourself and think these poor people are working for almost nothing.......

I spent 2 years in DC. I watched those dudes work construction all day without even taking a lunch because they wanted to save as much money as they could for their families. The men and women I talked to that worked fast food or taxi driver complained about living in constant fear of deportation. They can't complain because of their status and the bosses know it.

I guess it's different from place to place, but this whole folks come here and live like kings and queens is really exaggerated.

Edited by Stay Woke

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

I spent 2 years in DC. I watched those dudes work construction all day without even taking a lunch because they wanted to save as much money as they could for their families. The men and women I talked to that worked fast food or taxi driver complained about living in constant fear of deportation. They can't complain because of their status and the bosses know it.

I guess it's different from place to place, but this whole folks come here and live like kings and queens is really exaggerated.

Fear of deportation? You must of been talking about 25 years ago. About the only way an illegal gonna get deported here is get caught doing amajor felony and then they are not charged with a crime, just deported. Pretty good deal wouldn't you say, I would love to have the same option. I know a guy who has been deported 7 times, he is around 28 years old. 3 times for cocaine possession, 1 time for having gun in car, and I don't know the other times. But it only cost $2000 for a coyote to get him back in USA.

Now of days here in my area and in the last 15 years the illegal are working her illegally and taking work from American Citizens. They work too cheap and a lot of their work is sub standard especially in the construction trade. They have all the benefits of living in the USA and have almost zero liabilities or responsibility.

Fear of deportation? You must of been talking about 25 years ago. About the only way an illegal gonna get deported here is get caught doing amajor felony and then they are not charged with a crime, just deported. Pretty good deal wouldn't you say, I would love to have the same option. I know a guy who has been deported 7 times, he is around 28 years old. 3 times for cocaine possession, 1 time for having gun in car, and I don't know the other times. But it only cost $2000 for a coyote to get him back in USA.

Now of days here in my area and in the last 15 years the illegal are working her illegally and taking work from American Citizens. They work too cheap and a lot of their work is sub standard especially in the construction trade. They have all the benefits of living in the USA and have almost zero liabilities or responsibility.

Have you ever thought about renouncing your citizenship and trying it? I would love to get your perspective on it first hand.

Also, they don't take jobs from us. Bosses hire them. If the bosses didn't hire them, how else would they get the job?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I know a guy who has a Hotel and where he is there are not that many illegals, during the summer his busy season he has to bus them in from the next County.

Terrible problems with the local labour force, what you get paying minimum is pretty #######. Lot of drug issues etc etc etc. And for many it is simply not worth working above the table with the benes you lose.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Have you ever thought about renouncing your citizenship and trying it? I would love to get your perspective on it first hand.

Also, they don't take jobs from us. Bosses hire them. If the bosses didn't hire them, how else would they get the job?

Son you have a lot to learn.

In new housing construction it is almost impossible for a American Citizen to get work, the illegals work at such a cheap rate the average American can't make it, same goes with many industries. I see landscaping trucks and vans right and left full of illegals mowing sunup to sundown and they charge $25 per yard include weedeater, edge, blow, and mow. This used to be done by teenagers when I was growing up.

We have business here that are owned by illegals, and we have business that hire illegals. They are building roads and Highways and TollRoad all over the place where I live due to my area being one of the fastest growing city in American in the last 10 years, I have not seen an American Citizen working on the road crews in 10 plus years.

I believe Oklahoma has passed strict laws on hiring illegals or even transporting illegals (Like picking them up in your car for day labor) and they just left there and came to Texas.

Timeline

Actually I know a guy who just does kitchens and does very nicely out of them. His pricing varies depending on the quality of the framing and therefore knows who uses the labour gangs etc, everything nice and square he is good to go, shimming etc costs him a lot of time.

Does seem to vary by trade here.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

In new housing construction it is almost impossible for a American Citizen to get work, the illegals work at such a cheap rate the average American can't make it, same goes with many industries. I see landscaping trucks and vans right and left full of illegals mowing sunup to sundown and they charge $25 per yard include weedeater, edge, blow, and mow. This used to be done by teenagers when I was growing up.

We have business here that are owned by illegals, and we have business that hire illegals. They are building roads and Highways and TollRoad all over the place where I live due to my area being one of the fastest growing city in American in the last 10 years, I have not seen an American Citizen working on the road crews in 10 plus years.

I believe Oklahoma has passed strict laws on hiring illegals or even transporting illegals (Like picking them up in your car for day labor) and they just left there and came to Texas.

It sounds like this is more due to laziness than the undocumented people living here. If the teenagers would go out and work in the same manner, don't you think they would get the same business? It's almost like you're mad they get their hustle on.

You said they provide cheap services for substandard work, right? Once again, if this was the case, why are the bosses hiring them? I mean, if I owned a company I'd want the best workers, but to do quality work. The supervisor chooses to hire them, they don't have to. But since they work cheap, they pick them up. You should be more mad at the business owners that employ them rather than the men and women who take whatever work they can get.

Has it ever occurred to you that most Americans don't want to work on the road crews? The landscape of work is changing. Many folks are into IT and admin type work. I know being an outside worker is not for everyone.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

It and Admin can be easily outsourced, why pay big bucks in the US when you can get it done in India etc at a fraction of the price.

This discussion is more about the jobs you can not outsource or not easily.

It and Admin can be easily outsourced, why pay big bucks in the US when you can get it done in India etc at a fraction of the price.

This discussion is more about the jobs you can not outsource or not easily.

And these jobs aren't being snatched up by undocumented citizens. The supervisors are hiring them. How can you steal something when it is given to you freely?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

So who is the real problem, the illegals, the American business owners who hire them or the American government for allowing it to happen? I put the illegal at the bottom of this list of three. Without 1&2, 3 wouldn't be able to survive.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

There is one Roofer I know who told me his workforce was all legal and he was the only one in the area.

Now he is at a major disadvantage on pricing, mainly I think due to all his on costs. Now some people will pay the premium but by no means all. If he does not get the contracts his employees do not get the hours.

So who is the real problem, the illegals, the American business owners who hire them or the American government for allowing it to happen? I put the illegal at the bottom of this list of three. Without 1&2, 3 wouldn't be able to survive.

That's what I was getting at. If the owners didn't buy them and the government didn't condone it, they wouldn't be able to live here and thrive as it's been told here.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Is somebody parturient? If so, congratulations!

Not pregnant again yet, but I am getting the hard sell on that too. But we're planning to file for her citizenship in the next few days.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Probably for the money and free medical and free education that the US Taxpayers get to pay for.

They are immune to most state laws and police will not write them tickets or arrest them unless it a major crime.

Heck if I was from Mexico I would come to USA and rape the system also.........

There are lot of really poor people in Asia, and to them, the united States probably looks good in comparison?☺

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received