mymarley

what short courses is ideal to have a better salary

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

im asking guys if anyone can give me some idea to what short course to take so i can find better salary... im trying to save now coz i want to study but i dont know what kind.. They said patient care tech is good... any idea.. thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Are you male or female, and what types of professions are you interested in? Just because something is "quick and short" and pays a decent salary doesn't mean it is something you will enjoy. I do know from being in the dental field(I'm a hygienist) that to become a certified dental assistant is usually a 10 month certificate course. Here in the North East(NH and Massachusetts)a dental assistant just out of school makes at least $20-$25 an hour as a new graduate with a certificate. In the office I worked in the assistants with 5 or more years experience were making at least $30 an hour, with a few making $35 an hour or more.

Filed: Timeline

My advice: don't go for the get richer quicker route, go for the what is going to fulfil you route. Money isn't everything.

Money isn't everything but is defintely something.

Taking courses in order to find a job that pays above minimum wage sounds like an investment, not a get rich quick scheme.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Take bio hazard cleanup Fairly short class and you get really good money cleaning human tissue matter off the floors and walls at crime scenes.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Money isn't everything but is defintely something.

Taking courses in order to find a job that pays above minimum wage sounds like an investment, not a get rich quick scheme.

It's better to find something fulfilling than just doing it for the money

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

im asking guys if anyone can give me some idea to what short course to take so i can find better salary... im trying to save now coz i want to study but i dont know what kind.. They said patient care tech is good... any idea.. thank you

That would be good, and maybe they can pay your school or pay some school and you can become a Nurse.

You only need a year education in USA to become a LPN, and 2 year associates degree from a community college to become a RN in USA.....

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How long does this program take?

It may vary a bit by state but usually less than a week, you learn how to protect yourself while cleaning up something hazardous and how to make sure whatever is cleaned up and properly disposed of. Because most people are afraid to deal with this the pay is pretty good, and it is something you can start as a business. If you are serious , also explore meth lab clean up and mold removal.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Ohio has a career center where you can take classes to get certified in a lot of fields from medical assistant to wielder. Most states have some kind of job assistance training programs to help folks find jobs. They also can help you find courses you can afford that will do exactly what you are looking for find a better paying job. Try job services in your state of residence.

Take bio hazard cleanup Fairly short class and you get really good money cleaning human tissue matter off the floors and walls at crime scenes.

If you don't have an issue with blood, gore, or other miscellaneous human matter.

Not a job I'd want.

Also to someone who said about the nurse requirements in the USA, that can vary by state. Some are now requiring the full 4 year bachelor degree to become an LPN or RN, just like other countries do.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm a RN ( 6 weeks away from finishing up my BSN)....1 would never goto schools for 4 yrs to be a LPN (many hospitals phasing LPNS out)......I don't believe any State has officially passed the BSN rule.....Some have started the paperwork for that too happen.....I believe N. Dakota tried that route years ago, but had to revert back to ADN as they could not get enough BSN nurses. But in many areas of the USA, pretty hard to get a job without the BSN. The American Nurses Association is pushing for the BSN to be the starting point, and I believe the Institute of Medicine put out a report in 2010 that they wanted a 80% BSN work force.....but they have been for many yrs. ADN can still be a good route to go, as it usually costs a fair bit less, and can take a bit more than 2 yrs.....as the ADN program itself may only be like 4 semesters long--but there are pre-reqs you have to take first before getting into the program! Once u have ur RNs..lot of online options from RN to BSN, and reasonably priced..and quite often the hospital or health organization will help with tuition costs

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I think my sister had to get a BScN but had to take extra courses and exams to become an RN afterwards. But that was in BC, Canada.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think my sister had to get a BScN but had to take extra courses and exams to become an RN afterwards. But that was in BC, Canada.

Both my sisters are RNs in Canada....Don't believe canada has the Associate degree option (ADN) they ised to have Diploma RNs, but not sure if they have that option anymore. Most RNs in Canada now a days start out with a BSN (some call it the 4 yr degree) and their are LPNs..again different schooling..... LPNs less schooling and usually make less $$$.

Back to the BSN..if one already has a degree in another field, there are fast track programs out there, where in like 1 year, you can have ur RNs (BSN)

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.