anusha

Can my husband accompany to the interview in Bombay, India

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Every one,

I 'm in need of small help. Please help me. My husband is an Indian born American citizen. Could you please let me know that, can he accompany me to the interview(i mean can we both go inside the US consulate and give the interview). If so, should we take any appointment for him separately and should we take any documents with us. Consider that, my interview date is 5 June 2015 at Bombay.

Thanks,

Anusha R

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the India regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

U.S. Consulate in Mumbai doesn't allow US citizen spouse to enter the consulate with you. Make sure to carry photo album, affadivait of support along with financial evidences, evidences that are submitted with 130, police clearance, medical report, birth certificate, confirmation page, marriage certificate, passport photos, etc. make sure to bring original if you already submitted copies to the nvc. Practice answering questions. That's all. Hope this helps.

See the link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/208474-interview-experience-at-mumbai-consulate/

Hi Every one,

I 'm in need of small help. Please help me. My husband is an Indian born American citizen. Could you please let me know that, can he accompany me to the interview(i mean can we both go inside the US consulate and give the interview). If so, should we take any appointment for him separately and should we take any documents with us. Consider that, my interview date is 5 June 2015 at Bombay.

Thanks,

Anusha R

Edited by spousewaitingvisa

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My wife had her interview at Mumbai consulate and i flew down from U.S even though i knew much beforehand i will not be let inside. My arrival and being next to her before she went in did calm her down and the interviewer asked her about me and in fact he was impressed that i flew down to Mumbai just for her interview. That sealed the VISA approval.

So they do give value/brownie points when they hear that the spouse is standing right outside the consulate and they came down just for this.

Goodluck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.