inqztve

Traffic and parking ticket

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys and gals,

I know this topic has been discussed frequently. However, I have a few specific questions:

A) I received couple of simple speeding tickets since I have been driving here. The last one was in June 2002. I have paid them all but wanted get some documentation regarding that since I have to disclose it and may be asked to show proof that they were paid off. I don't have any docs regarding that as they were more than 13 years old. I called the court and they said they purge records after 10 years.

1) Is there any other way to get documentation for this in Virginia?

2) My driving history with VA DMV goes back to a maximum of 11 years which is clean. Will a certified copy of that constitute proof of payment since license is suspended in VA for unpaid fines.

B) I got pulled over recently for minor speeding but I didn't get a ticket. The officer just asked me to slow down and decided to let me go. Do I need to disclose this in N-400?

C) I have a parking ticket in DC in November, 2012. I have the receipt for payment for this one since it's more recent. To me it seems like a citation even though it's not a moving violation. Do I need to include this?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by inqztve

What I post here is merely my personal opinion and not a valid legal advice and should not be viewed as such.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

A) No idea how you could get your records... if they're gone, they're gone... you'll just have to do without them.

B) No citation ---> no need to list it.

C) I'm not sure what the difference is technically, but everything I've read says that you don't need to mention parking tickets... maybe it's because it doesn't go on your record in the same way? I'm not sure. If you have the receipt, just take it with you to the interview and ask your interviewer... 99% chance he'll say you don't need to list it.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi guys and gals,

I know this topic has been discussed frequently. However, I have a few specific questions:

A) I received couple of simple speeding tickets since I have been driving here. The last one was in June 2002. I have paid them all but wanted get some documentation regarding that since I have to disclose it and may be asked to show proof that they were paid off. I don't have any docs regarding that as they were more than 13 years old. I called the court and they said they purge records after 10 years.

1) Is there any other way to get documentation for this in Virginia?

2) My driving history with VA DMV goes back to a maximum of 11 years which is clean. Will a certified copy of that constitute proof of payment since license is suspended in VA for unpaid fines.

B) I got pulled over recently for minor speeding but I didn't get a ticket. The officer just asked me to slow down and decided to let me go. Do I need to disclose this in N-400?

C) I have a parking ticket in DC in November, 2012. I have the receipt for payment for this one since it's more recent. To me it seems like a citation even though it's not a moving violation. Do I need to include this?

Thank you in advance.

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/CJIS_Criminal_Record_Check.shtm

Naturalization

=====================

Date Filled: 2015-04-23

NOA Date: 2015-05-01

Bio. Appt: 2015-05-20

Interview: 2015-08-05

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

That seem to be for criminal records.

What I post here is merely my personal opinion and not a valid legal advice and should not be viewed as such.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.