cettefillela

how do undocumented aliens renew their ukrainian passport?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

the ukrainian embassy requires proof of legal presence in the US. what is an undocumented ukrainian to do when his / her passport is about to expire? is it possible to circumvent the consulate and deal directly with ukraine (by mail)? can ukraine really deny ID to its own citizens who do not abide by some OTHER country's immigration laws?

any help would be much much appreciated.

Edited by cettefillela

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Well yes they can you are under the U.S. Laws if u are in the U.S. Just like any American that goes to a different country is under that countries laws . No one gets special privileges . Maybe give the embassy a call and see what your options are .

Or go home that's an option as well .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If you lose your documents normally you can get a temp travel document to get you home. The Consulate must come across this and have such a procedure.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Well you said about to expire so your passport has not expired go home before it does so, simple fix . You can't just assume that they'll let you fix your passport so you can keep illegally staying here .

Edited by Morganalmonshid94

Timeline

No idea how the US does it, I renewed my UK passport but needed a fair amount of documentation to do it.

She does not need a passport to travel, ask what they do to get you home.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

i am not in the united states illegally. the question at hand doesn't pertain to me.

does anyone have anything useful to contribute besides "go home"?

well to help what kind of visa did you enter on, when did you enter the U.S. ? Well the person the question is referring to at least since you said it's not you . Edited by Morganalmonshid94

Timeline

You are asking about how to get home?

Filed: Timeline

i am not in the united states illegally. the question at hand doesn't pertain to me.

does anyone have anything useful to contribute besides "go home"?

people on this site do things the legal way, thus many have very little sympathy for those that go to the US illegally. People are affected by their compatriots that commit fraud, whether you believe it or not. Anyways, the Mexican governement issues passports to undocumented aliens in the US, thus I don't see why Ukraine wouldn't do something similar.

http://www.us-passport-service-guide.com/how-to-renew-a-ukrainian-passport-in-the-us.html

Timeline

See the link, no.

Timeline

The illegal alien needs to return home before the passport expires and like I said the problem is fixed no one here is going to be ok with giving advice so an illegal can renew their passport and expect to stay . More then likely when they are able to renew it in the states they'll put them on a plane back home .

Filed: Other Timeline

the Mexican governement issues passports to undocumented aliens in the US, thus I don't see why Ukraine wouldn't do something similar.

http://www.us-passport-service-guide.com/how-to-renew-a-ukrainian-passport-in-the-us.html

maybe the mexican government does but the ukrainian embassy doesn't (as you can verify on the link you provided).

why do people waste their time answering questions when they don't know the answer? oh, right, so they can feel righteous about doing things the legal way.

i don't need lectures, i need answers to a very practical question. clearly this wasn't the right forum.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.