Eric & Idalia

Interview in CDJ - Did you present certificates translated and with apostille?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi.

My husband and I got married in Mexico last year. So our marriage certificate is in Spanish.

Also my birth certificate is in Spanish.

Do I need to get translated and get an apostille my birth certificate and marriage certificate for my interview in Ciudad Juarez?

In the letter from CDJ consulate does not say anything neither in mentioned links on it. (I attached PDF files). I asked because when we got married the civil register in Mexico asked us my husband's birth certificate translated to Spanish and with apostille from California. I thought it was all the way around now.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Filed: Timeline

Hi.

My husband and I got married in Mexico last year. So our marriage certificate is in Spanish.

Also my birth certificate is in Spanish.

Do I need to get translated and get an apostille my birth certificate and marriage certificate for my interview in Ciudad Juarez?

In the letter from CDJ consulate does not say anything neither in mentioned links on it. (I attached PDF files). I asked because when we got married the civil register in Mexico asked us my husband's birth certificate translated to Spanish and with apostille from California. I thought it was all the way around now.

Thanks in advance for any information.

you are dealing with the US government. Thus you do not need an apostille.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband's birth certificate is in spanish, we did not have it translated and there were no problems. If your documents are in the language where your interview is (which it is), there is no need for translation.

Timeline

you are dealing with the US government. Thus you do not need an apostille.

Hi. The USA are part of The Hague convention

"The purpose of the Convention is that it abolishes the requirement of diplomatic and consular legalization for public documents originating in one Convention country and intended for use in another. Documents issued in a Convention country which have been certified by a Convention Apostille are entitled to recognition in any other Convention country without any further authentication"

Mexico asked us the US documents to get the apostille so I thought US was going to ask us the same with Mexican certificates. Anyway thank you for your time and answer.

Timeline

My husband's birth certificate is in spanish, we did not have it translated and there were no problems. If your documents are in the language where your interview is (which it is), there is no need for translation.

Thanks for replying.

What about your marriage certificate?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.