Saylin

NVC Filers - June 2015

1,017 posts in this topic

Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC. Good luck to all! Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third :idea:

IMPORTANT INFO: in regards to the CEAC portal issues, please read this page here on NVC's website.

This thread is strictly for questions and progress. If you want to rant about this ridiculous process, please do so in this side thread here.

NVC will be closed on the following day due to federal holidays: No federal holidays in June!!. They are open every other business day (Monday-Friday) this month.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wiki I wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;) Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!
For up to date time frames, you can view my spreadsheet here. If you'd like to add/update your entry, please fill out the form here. Please be aware if something is wrong with your request form submission, I issue my own version of a checklist. So please read the instructions I wrote on the request form very carefully.
If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view my flowchart here.
I will be much less active in answering posts in these monthly threads, so don't bother asking me questions directly and please don't send me PMs with questions. If you send me a PM with a question that can be posted here, I will NOT reply. Just post them here for everyone to see and someone will come along to answer. Remember to be patient (re: just post once and wait) ;)

And if for whatever reason, you can't find the answer, try searching both on this website and on Google. It's amazing what you can find if you search ;)

If you're wondering about time frames, I've got a spreadsheet available for a reason ;) And if that doesn't help, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process :)

And once you've got a case complete, please join Dwheels's case complete/interview thread (currently July), here.

Also, please read Kanuk's post full of advice and observations, found here.

Edited by Saylin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My fourth month in NVC.. Hope I get to do the process at least this month :)

18-Apr-2014-----------------Marriage
USCIS
18-Aug-2014-----------------I130 Sent
19-Aug-2014-----------------I130 NOA1
21-Jan-2015-----------------I130 NOA2 (Five months and two days)
NVC
04-Feb-2015-----------------NVC Received Our Case
04-Feb-2015-----------------Husband naturalized and IR1 upgrade request sent to NVC
21-May-2015-----------------Case Upgraded to IR1
05-Aug-2015-----------------Received Case Complete confirmation email
10-Sep-2015------------------Interview Scheduled
16-Sep-2015------------------Interview email Received
Mumbai Embassy
18-Sep-2015------------------Medical (Chennai Apollo)
23-Sep-2015------------------Finger Printing (Chennai)
05-Oct-2015-------------------Interview - APPROVED
07-Oct-2015-------------------Passport Picked Up in CHENNAI
Check my profile for the detail timeline.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

my 4th month to nvc ... Lets see what JUNE has for all of us ......:)

JULY-08-2014 PRIORITY DATE

OCT-19-2015 INTERVIEW

RESULT ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

MUCH AWAITED UPDATES :

OCT-19-2015

OCT-20-2015

OCT-27-2015

NOV-17-2015 (most likely it was due to my email inquiry)

JAN-08-2016 (due to my email inquiry)

FEB-09-2016 (first real update)

MAR-08-2016

MAR-09-2016

MAR-10-2016 ISSUED

30/30 days now. Waiting for the good news this week.

Good luck everyone.

31-03-2013 Got married
15-08-2014 I-130 sent
19-08-2014 NOA 1
19-11-2014 I-130 Approved
26-01-2015 Received DS-261/AOS Bill
02-02-2015 Paid AOS fee
15-03-2015 Paid IV fee
17-03-2015 Package sent to NVC
23-03-2015 Package received at NVC
24-03-2015 DS 260 submitted online
25-03-2015 Confirmation email received from NVC
21-04-2015 Received Checklist
27-04-2015 Checklist documents sent to NVC
06-06-2015 Received email for case approval

26-08-2015 Interview scheduled for 22nd Sep 2015

22-09-2015 Visa Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Still unable to access NVC :(

I see a lot of peeps can, but we are stuck... again... just like we were at the end of our NSC journey.

This too shell pass..

Hoping for CEAC site fix ( to include us as well)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

30/30 Today :pop:

Married 2001, conditional resident 2003, permanent resident 2005.Left U.S 2012, abandoned green card 2013.Applied I-130 Nov 2014, approved Dec 2014. DS260 13th Apr 2015. Docs sent 27 Apr. Scan date May 1. Case complete June 4!Interview July 14th, rescheduled to Oct 20th.  Applied for N400 on November 6th, 2018. I'm the immigrant :)

Hello Everyone,

Thought I would ask the question as I'm always unsure what is going on with this VISA process....

We completed the DS-261 on 12th May and paid the ASOS fees on the 13th may and showed as PAID a couple of days later.

Everything else on the website shows N/A for example supporting and finance docs, IV application, civil docs.

The IV fee shows PAY NOW but when I click on the link the fee shows as zero.

There doesn't seem to be any link to start the DS-260 and I can't click the IV application button on the top right, should I continue to wait for something to happen or is there other steps I can be doing?

Thanks for your support guys!

Hi, next week there is a business meeting in Toronto, Canada. It is the first time i will be visiting Canada for the first time. So i need to apply for the temporary resident visa in an immigration Law firm. I’m not completely aware with the procedure of applying for visas. Can anyone help me out to guide me ? Thanks in advance

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Does anyone got the welcome letter from NVC? How long it took for you? They said our case got upgraded on 21st May and asked to wait 28days for welcome letter. I am just curious to know am I going to wait the whole 28days. So far in this process, it always take the full time for me in each step.. :protest:

18-Apr-2014-----------------Marriage
USCIS
18-Aug-2014-----------------I130 Sent
19-Aug-2014-----------------I130 NOA1
21-Jan-2015-----------------I130 NOA2 (Five months and two days)
NVC
04-Feb-2015-----------------NVC Received Our Case
04-Feb-2015-----------------Husband naturalized and IR1 upgrade request sent to NVC
21-May-2015-----------------Case Upgraded to IR1
05-Aug-2015-----------------Received Case Complete confirmation email
10-Sep-2015------------------Interview Scheduled
16-Sep-2015------------------Interview email Received
Mumbai Embassy
18-Sep-2015------------------Medical (Chennai Apollo)
23-Sep-2015------------------Finger Printing (Chennai)
05-Oct-2015-------------------Interview - APPROVED
07-Oct-2015-------------------Passport Picked Up in CHENNAI
Check my profile for the detail timeline.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi, next week there is a business meeting in Toronto, Canada. It is the first time i will be visiting Canada for the first time. So i need to apply for the temporary resident visa in an immigration Law firm. Im not completely aware with the procedure of applying for visas. Can anyone help me out to guide me ? Thanks in advance

you should start a whole new post because many people will not be able to answer you here in this thread we are couples waiting for our spouses to come, there are no temporary resident visas for the U.S. like I mentioned post your question in a post on its own not in this thread and more people could help you .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Best wishes to you Iri

Married 2001, conditional resident 2003, permanent resident 2005.Left U.S 2012, abandoned green card 2013.Applied I-130 Nov 2014, approved Dec 2014. DS260 13th Apr 2015. Docs sent 27 Apr. Scan date May 1. Case complete June 4!Interview July 14th, rescheduled to Oct 20th.  Applied for N400 on November 6th, 2018. I'm the immigrant :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

:(

40 minutes on hold, spoke to lisa...she was so so..sounded tired :)

basically what she said was "your case was flagged for a supervisor on may 27 (day 34 for us), we have to reset the count from this day on, so please allow us additional 42 days"

im really speechless right now, the whole thing stinks! :ranting:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.