990 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Melissa any word on yours yet? I am loosing hope. My anniversary is Aug20, but looking at your and ShivaniVivek situation i am loosing hope :(

congrats ShivaniVivek.

I called nvc and we are still waiting. I hoping it will be very soon since ShivaniVivek and our CC are very close. So I am praying it will be this week we will have the good news.

Mel, I wish you guys the best of luck, big kudos to you for staying strong. its been getting tougher and tougher for me to keep my spirits up.

dwheels could you please share the August interview thread please :( praying that miraculously I get lined up for an aug interview.

Guy..Hang in there..Stay strong..It is very tough for all of us..My mom broke down in tears when i told her...I can say i understand what you guys are feeling..Please stay strong and be supportive to your significant others....Your approvals are coming ...i believe you guys will get good news very soon.I am praying for August interviews all around..God Bless.

Hey guys I want to reschedule my interview to an earlier one. What are the things I should considered first before doing tat, any help? My original sched is August 3, I want it to be this July. My baby will celebrate her bday August and I want to have time focusing only to that and of course celebrate it with her daddy.

Any help will be so much appreciated

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I will try to explain;

When the case is complete and still at NVC, status at CEAC shows "AT NVC"

When interview is scheduled and case is sent to the embassy or consulate, status at CEAC shows "READY"

After the interview and while the visa is being processed, status at CEAC shows " ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING"

When processing is complete and visa is ready, the status at CEAC shows "ISSUED"

Visa is scheduled for pick up

Thanks !!! This clears up everything !

USCIS : 7 months
Marriage : March 21, 2014
I-130 Sent : April 18, 2014
I-130 NOA1 : April 22, 2014
I-130 Approved: November 14, 2014 
after two service request

NVC6 months
Received : December 1, 2014
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : January 1, 2015
Pay AOS Bill : January 9, 2015
Submit DS-261 : January 7, 2015
Receive IV Bill : January 15, 2015 
called after AOS showed paid, they released it overnight)
Pay IV Bill : January 23, 2015
Send IV and AOS: January 29, 2015
Scan date: February 3, 2015
Checklist: March 19, 2015
 (only need to send south Africa police report)
Case Complete: June 3, 2015 

EMBASSY: 10 months
Interview appointment letter : December 4, 2015
Interview Date : January 21, 2016 
medical wasn't complete
Second interview date: April 4th 2016
Interview Result :APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 4/13/2016 ( they sent us a email stating our visa was ready for pick up)

USA LIFE
US Entry :4/29/2016 
Social Security : 5/10/2016 (filed from the actual office)
State ID: 5/14/2016
Started working!!: 5/25/2016
Finally paid green card fee: 6/24/2016 ( note said we will receive it within 60 days)
Green card in hand: 7/5/2016 10 year green card we done!! 

1st king born: 6/30/2016

April 2017 update: Marriage still going strong, baby boy getting bigger. Life is good 

I have already had my interview and was approved but the case is still ready but the case status updates have changed from 18th June to 25th June to 30th June - so is there another meaning for ready??

USCIS PROCESSING

Dec 15th 14 I-130 Filed with Chicago Lockbox
Dec 18th 14 Package received by USCIS - PRIORITY DATE
Dec 22nd 14 Received NOA1 - Sent to Vermont Service Center
Jan 14th 15 Received NOA2. Case Approved with no RFEs
..............................................................................................................................
NVC PROCESSING

Feb 20th 15 Case/IIN No assigned by NVC - allocated to Montreal Consulate
Feb 27TH 15 Received letter from NVC
Mar 1st 15 DS-261 Completed and submitted to NVC
Mar 10th 15 Paid AOS
Apr 3rd 15 Receive IV Bill + Paid IV Bill
Apr 8th 15 IV Fee left bank marked as paid
Apr 8th 15 DS-260 Completed
Apr 9th 15 Sent in IV & AOS packages
Apr 13th 15 Package delivered to NVC
Apr 13th 15 Received email from NVC acknowledging receipt - scan date
May 12th 15 Case Complete with NO Checklist (29 DAYS)
..............................................................................................................................
MONTREAL CONSULATE PROCESSING

May 15th 15 Case sent to Montreal embassy
May 27th 15 Medical in Toronto ,ON
Jun 17th 15 Interview Date in Montreal - APPROVED!!!!
Jul 2nd 15 ISSUED !!!! - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 6th 15 Visa in FINAL PROCESSING - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 8th 15 Email from Loomis/Waybill received
Jul 10th 15 Visa Received IN HAND!!!
Jul 13th 15 Point of Entry in Buffalo, NY

Hi Rachel,

I think he will need a sentencia for the interview. I only sent my husband's divorce certificate at uscis and both decree and certificate copy to NVC, since NVC does not request the decree but they do at the consulate.

He will bring the Sentencias in Original.

Good Luck on you interview two weeks?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Omg I just called the NVC and they already started scheduling for August. I'm hoping we make the cut but it's hard to say. My husbands CC is April 28 so I think you've got more of a chance for August. Keep calling and update us all. Good luck.

Any news?? My CC was April 14th and still no interview..

Filed: Timeline

I have already had my interview and was approved but the case is still ready but the case status updates have changed from 18th June to 25th June to 30th June - so is there another meaning for ready??

I believe with the technical issues going on, the updates have not been up to date. My husband had his interview on June 18th, status remained ready until June 25th when it changed to issued. He is picking up his visa tomorrow.

It is not unusual for the status to change 'to and fro', as per reviews from others on this site, I wouldn't worry if visa was approved. Give them time.

Best

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I will try to explain;

When the case is complete and still at NVC, status at CEAC shows "AT NVC"

When interview is scheduled and case is sent to the embassy or consulate, status at CEAC shows "READY"

After the interview and while the visa is being processed, status at CEAC shows " ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING"

When processing is complete and visa is ready, the status at CEAC shows "ISSUED"

Visa is scheduled for pick up

Just a little "fine tuning" after "AT NVC"...

"IN TRANSIT" means that NVC has entered your packet into the DHL system. Your status will stay "IN TRANSIT" while your packet is still physically at NVC, even though it has been entered into the DHL system (sometimes 24-48 hours), and during the time your packet is moving through the DHL system.

Your status will not turn to "READY" until the Embassy/Consulate has received your packet from DHL and physically scanned it into THEIR system. So...your packet could physically be at the Embassy/Consulate's mail site (often the mail site is a different building from the actual Embassy), and DHL could say the packet has been delivered, but until the Embassy/Consulate logs it in, it will still be "IN TRANSIT".

The case officers/consulate officers at the Embassy/Consulate will not know anything about your packet until your status changes to "READY". That is why, if you are trying to shift your interview date, you must not contact your Embassy/Consulate until the status is "READY". Until them, you are not in their system and they cannot "see" you.

In some Embassy/Consulates, there is a lag time between the interview approval and the time the visa foil (the page that is glued into your passport) is printed. During this time, your status is "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING". Until the visa foil is physically printed and glued into your passport, you will not see "ISSUED".

Hope this helps.

Sukie in NY

Edited by Sukie
Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Okay last day of the month. WOW what a way to end the month. Congratulations to the new interview peeps. Some who been waiting since March and April. Some I know still waiting in those months. Hang on. Okay.

To the new Case Compete people this thread will close and we now roll on over to the new August thread since August Interviews have been scheduled.

So Congratulations. Pack up move on over. See you there.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/555216-august-2015-interviews/

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Any news?? My CC was April 14th and still no interview..

still no interview :clock:

ROC Timeline
Service Center: California
90 Day Window Opened....06/22/17
I-751 Packet Sent..............08/24/17
NOA1 Dated.......................08/28/17
NOA1 Received..................09/02/17
Check Cashed....................09/06/17
Biometrics Received..........09/15/17
Biometrics Appointment.....09/27/17
Approved............................xx/xx/xx

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Just a little "fine tuning" after "AT NVC"...

"IN TRANSIT" means that NVC has entered your packet into the DHL system. Your status will stay "IN TRANSIT" while your packet is still physically at NVC, even though it has been entered into the DHL system (sometimes 24-48 hours), and during the time your packet is moving through the DHL system.

Your status will not turn to "READY" until the Embassy/Consulate has received your packet from DHL and physically scanned it into THEIR system. So...your packet could physically be at the Embassy/Consulate's mail site (often the mail site is a different building from the actual Embassy), and DHL could say the packet has been delivered, but until the Embassy/Consulate logs it in, it will still be "IN TRANSIT".

The case officers/consulate officers at the Embassy/Consulate will not know anything about your packet until your status changes to "READY". That is why, if you are trying to shift your interview date, you must not contact your Embassy/Consulate until the status is "READY". Until them, you are not in their system and they cannot "see" you.

In some Embassy/Consulates, there is a lag time between the interview approval and the time the visa foil (the page that is glued into your passport) is printed. During this time, your status is "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING". Until the visa foil is physically printed and glued into your passport, you will not see "ISSUED".

Hope this helps.

Sukie in NY

Yes helps!!!!!!!!! Thanks soooooooo much I can now stalk ceac with understanding lol

USCIS : 7 months
Marriage : March 21, 2014
I-130 Sent : April 18, 2014
I-130 NOA1 : April 22, 2014
I-130 Approved: November 14, 2014 
after two service request

NVC6 months
Received : December 1, 2014
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : January 1, 2015
Pay AOS Bill : January 9, 2015
Submit DS-261 : January 7, 2015
Receive IV Bill : January 15, 2015 
called after AOS showed paid, they released it overnight)
Pay IV Bill : January 23, 2015
Send IV and AOS: January 29, 2015
Scan date: February 3, 2015
Checklist: March 19, 2015
 (only need to send south Africa police report)
Case Complete: June 3, 2015 

EMBASSY: 10 months
Interview appointment letter : December 4, 2015
Interview Date : January 21, 2016 
medical wasn't complete
Second interview date: April 4th 2016
Interview Result :APPROVED!!!

Visa Received : 4/13/2016 ( they sent us a email stating our visa was ready for pick up)

USA LIFE
US Entry :4/29/2016 
Social Security : 5/10/2016 (filed from the actual office)
State ID: 5/14/2016
Started working!!: 5/25/2016
Finally paid green card fee: 6/24/2016 ( note said we will receive it within 60 days)
Green card in hand: 7/5/2016 10 year green card we done!! 

1st king born: 6/30/2016

April 2017 update: Marriage still going strong, baby boy getting bigger. Life is good 

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Can you send the link to the announcement, thanks

Sorry it took me so long to answer

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ApplicantHome

You have to make an account in order to see it. This is the profile that's made after you get an interview date but I made it before just in case. I got it off someone on vj, it may have been a different forum, I'm not sure.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Thread closed to additional discussion.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.