Wychim

k-1 Visa Questions - Interview [merged threads]

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Please fill in your timeline

goofy.gif My K-1 Timeline goofy.gif

12/04/2013 Mailed K-1 packet to Dallas Lockbox USPS Priority Express (overnight)
12/05/2014 K-1 packet recieved
12/09/2013 Received email and text of NOA1
12//2013 Hard copy of NOA1 received
12/13/2013 Called to speak with tier 2 supervisor to fix errors on I-129F & G325A in hopes of preempting RFE
12/19/2013 Alien registration number changed
04/01/2014 NOA2 (apparently changes preempted RFE)
4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

4/22/2014 Consulate Received

5/07/2014 Picked up packet 1

5/20/2014 Interview 1 (asked to correct error on bring birth certificate and bring more evidence of relationship)

7/29/2014 Interview 2 (passed visa will be issued on 8/01/2014)
Texas Service Center

Well I wld say it wasn't a good idea to apply as a friend if she is ur fiancee. It wld have been a plus for u if u had apply as her fiance in the previous ones but all the same it shdnt be a problem but there is also a possibility they might ask u questions abt that at the interview so be prepared a look for a good explanation for that.

Timeline

Well I wld say it wasn't a good idea to apply as a friend if she is ur fiancee. It wld have been a plus for u if u had apply as her fiance in the previous ones but all the same it shdnt be a problem but there is also a possibility they might ask u questions abt that at the interview so be prepared a look for a good explanation for that.

I agree with this response. You were engaged in April but applied for the visa after then but listed her as your friend.You misrepresented yourself on the application as she was your fiance then. It may be a potential issue. On the other hand it may not even come up. You may be asked if you ever applied for a visa before in that case definitely be prepared to answer this one if it does. You will be asked questions about when you became engaged.If you say April then you say you applied for the visa in September your story won't add up you may be denied.

12/04/2013 Mailed K-1 packet to Dallas Lockbox USPS Priority Express (overnight)
12/13/2013 Called to speak with tier 2 supervisor to fix errors on I-129F & G325A in hopes of preempting RFE
4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

5/20/2014 Interview 1 (asked to correct error on bring birth certificate and bring more evidence of relationship)

Texas Service Center

Timeline

I believe I know all about those questions. I saw these question and didnt know exactly what would be the ideal response. I appreciated your response on Q3.I is simple as you said.I just joined some ours ago.I dont know how fill the timeline.

Go to your user name, click on timeline and go from there. The timeline will help you and others. It will allow you to estimate when each part of your process will be approved. It will also add info to the VJ database.

4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

Texas Service Center

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

He applied for a tourist visa. If he even got a chance to explain that he was going to visit a friend it wouldn't have been a lie. I doubt any of that will be relevant to the K 1. If asked the truth will be enough.

Timeline

Well I belive not all questions will be asked.I will give the truth to what I am asked and leave the rest to God

Answer all questions with honesty and you will be fine. The real problem here is that the case will likely go to A P. This would happen no matter what in most cases simply due to the country & culture I think. I don't mean its bad just that like many its unique.

Timeline

Ning.please how would you answer these question.

1) How long to intend to stay in the USA after your wedding?

2) Why do you want to have the wedding in the USA?

I don't know how she should answer because her truth isn't known. This isn't important as the length of time she can stay is predetermined.

I ask you the same question about why marry in the USA. Its no different than every other K 1 case I suppose. That's the whole idea of the K 1. Marry & return to the persons country. Why? It must be that you & she want to do this for a very important reason. Probably family & culture again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Questions 2 and 3 aren't really clear. Why would you leave the US after your wedding? Question 3. A traditional engagement is considered a marriage and if you mention it in the interview more than likely you will be considered married and your petition will be denied.

this is not true at all many cultures my husbands included require an engagement party that very much looks like a wedding ceremony to American eyes yes but is not . It is not a red flag it would be more of a red flag not to have an engagement party in a culture where it is the norm which is the case of the op . As well a k1 does not mean you have to stay after you get married in the U.S. And adjust your status it simply allows you to get married, if one chooses to leave the next day, week, or year that is up to them there is nothing wrong with it .

Timeline

this is not true at all many cultures my husbands included require an engagement party that very much looks like a wedding ceremony to American eyes yes but is not . It is not a red flag it would be more of a red flag not to have an engagement party in a culture where it is the norm which is the case of the op . As well a k1 does not mean you have to stay after you get married in the U.S. And adjust your status it simply allows you to get married, if one chooses to leave the next day, week, or year that is up to them there is nothing wrong with it .

Definitely a red flag in west Africa. Is your husband from a west African country? Your profile says Jordan. Check the forums. You will find people from West African countries who have been denied due to including pictures from engagement ceremonies. Edited by Tiff&Babs

4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

Texas Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.